Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45  All

Author Topic: Neat card interactions that were useful in the game you found them in.  (Read 261339 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
Re: Neat card interactions that were useful in the game you found them in.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »
+2

ditto thie- oh
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 11:20:48 am »
+11

When I read about lurker I got idea about lurker-hunting grounds. After few bot games I found out that it is rebuild on steroids.

You need to buy/gain lurkers until they are out. If mirrored trash hgrounds if you couldn't gain lurker back on same turn. After that buy estates and just trash all hunting grounds to pile out on hgrounds/lurker/duchies/estates.

Unassisted this usually ends game in 11 turns with 30 points from 8 duchies and 6 estates.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:23:28 am by luser »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 11:39:34 am »
+2

When I read about lurker I got idea about lurker-hunting grounds. After few bot games I found out that it is rebuild on steroids.

You need to buy/gain lurkers until they are out. If mirrored trash hgrounds if you couldn't gain lurker back on same turn. After that buy estates and just trash all hunting grounds to pile out on hgrounds/lurker/duchies/estates.

Unassisted this usually ends game in 11 turns with 30 points from 8 duchies and 6 estates.

Well, this is something you could actually post in the other thread. I tried it too and it's incredible.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

humcalc216

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: humcalc216
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 12:29:32 pm »
+2

Apprentice/Rocks.  It gives your Apprentices 3 things to trash.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +513
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 10:10:02 am »
+1

I had a game last night where on, I think, 2 turns, I: had a Raze trash itself or an estate, drawing and discarding an action card in the process; played Harbinger to put the discarded action card back on top of my deck; played Vassal to play the action card; used Lurker to get the Raze back.

Not powerful, maybe, but kind of fun to keep moving a card around like that.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 12:33:57 pm »
+3

Well, this is something you could actually post in the other thread. I tried it too and it's incredible.
Since this thread is strictly better than the other thread, why would anyone post anything in the other thread?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 01:18:24 pm »

Since this thread is strictly better than the other thread, why would anyone post anything in the other thread?

The other thread is better if you want to post something that people should care about.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 04:22:27 pm »
+13

Lurker/Knights.  In an engine mirror playing these cards, it turns into a lengthy contest for who can end up with all of the Knights.

My first Lurker/Knight game made me feel a little sorry for the poor knights: I realized we were repeatedly resurrecting them and sending them to die in combat again and again and again.

Petrovic

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 12:47:43 am »
+10

The other thread is better if you want to post something that people should care about.

This thread was strictly better until Awaclus decided he needed to use it to give people permission to post to the other thread

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 01:07:03 am »

I guess the logic according to which this is a strictly better thread than the other thread also makes Random Stuff III a strictly better thread than this.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 05:01:56 pm »

I guess the logic according to which this is a strictly better thread than the other thread also makes Random Stuff III a strictly better thread than this.

Whenever I read Awaclus, the voice in my head is Data from Star Strek TNG.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
  • Respect: +301
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 05:05:12 pm »
+2

Not Lore?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 05:18:31 pm »

Not Lore?

Lore has that "villain" voice, and that doesn't have the timbre I think of. Lore is more expressive. Data has that simple logical sound.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 04:46:48 am »

Not Lore?

Lore has that "villain" voice, and that doesn't have the timbre I think of. Lore is more expressive. Data has that simple logical sound.

Yeah, I can't have a "villain" voice. I don't even sound like the serial killer!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 08:04:17 am »
+4

Not Lore?

Yeah, I can't have a "villain" voice. I don't even sound like the serial killer!
You know he's a killer...

...But did you know he's a Cereal killer?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 10:52:09 am »

Procession + Ironmonger + Page line was cool in a game I played. IronMONGER helps you cycle faster to upgrade your Pages, and once you reach Champion, IronMONGER isn't as useful anymore since you don't need the action, so you can Procession it into that $5 terminal draw you're eyeing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:22:12 pm by Chris is me »
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4433
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 10:59:57 am »

Procession + Ironworks + Page line was cool in a game I played. Ironworks helps you cycle faster to upgrade your Pages, and once you reach Champion, Ironworks isn't as useful anymore since you don't need the action, so you can Procession it into that $5 terminal draw you're eyeing.

Ironmonger?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 11:23:42 am »
+2

I dunno what you're talking about it totally says ironmonnger up there it always has I swear :P
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

allanfieldhouse

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 11:36:46 am »
+5

I dunno what you're talking about it totally says ironmonnger up there it always has I swear :P

lol...even after editing, it still says Ironworks twice.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 12:12:59 pm »
+3

Ironworks, editing doesn't.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:26 pm »

Not Lore?

That was the best episode of that season, which was still not a very good episode.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2017, 02:31:07 pm »

Not Lore?

That was the best episode of that season, which was still not a very good episode.
I'm torn between giving you a +1 for watching Sherlock and not giving a +1 for hating one of my favorite episodes.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2017, 04:52:07 pm »

I'm torn between giving you a +1 for watching Sherlock and not giving a +1 for hating one of my favorite episodes.

It wasn't much of a mystery. It was an interesting character study, but the fun in Sherlock is the mystery.

In fact, Season 4 was so bad that I am not looking forward to Season 5 (assuming it even comes to existence). I have a full review written for it too, just waiting for me to not be lazy to go and record it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:53:09 pm by Seprix »

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »
+8

Legionary, Fortune Teller
cute.

Crown, Bank
Power up banks without needing to spam actual yellows.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2017, 07:56:57 am »

Legionary, Fortune Teller
cute.

I wouldn't call it cute. It's actually pretty evil; your opponent pretty much starts with a two-card hand every turn.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.