Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 153096 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2016, 07:23:39 pm »

The fact that nothing appears to be happening should indicate scum is lurking right ?

I wonder who that might point us towards...

... how does it indicate that scum is lurking and not that town is lurking? I don't follow.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2016, 07:24:01 pm »

Also gkrieg, I was voting for him awhile back and would feel comfortable doing so again.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »

I have nothing nice to say about faust's most recent posts. I have notice things to say though.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2016, 07:30:09 pm »

I have notice things to say though.

What does this mean ?

@faust : You're right, actually. I guess it should probably indicate that scum is among people for whom lurking is unusual. So... WW ? Still like Hydrad though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2016, 07:31:59 pm »

Typo: not nice

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2016, 07:33:49 pm »

yeah vote: yuma makes even more sense than hydrad

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2016, 08:04:48 pm »

Is this the point where I am supposed to self vote because it is so pro-town? I can never remember...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2016, 08:06:41 pm »

Is this the point where I am supposed to self vote because it is so pro-town? I can never remember...

Self-voting is anti-town. So is this.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2016, 08:11:57 pm »

Self-voting is anti-town. So is this.

Being annoyed. Yeah it probably is. But I am still learning to have perfect control over my emotions. So is poking and prodding me so I'll get annoyed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2016, 08:12:20 pm »

Hence my continued vote on Faust.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »

I was more poking to get you to do something relevant to the game.

PPE : I guess that counts.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2016, 08:31:21 pm »

Doing a quick yuma reread.

Post 1 - some discussion about private QTs
Post 2 - more of this
Post 3 - says he has some ideas about the setup. What where they, if I may ask?
Post 4 - sees ADKs claim
Post 5 - explains some obvious stuff about the claim
Post 6 - says noone else (in the same setup as Fruit Vendor) should claim, and think ADK is town
Post 7 - questions counterclaiming
Post 8 - more of this
Post 9 - even more of this
Post 10 - calls Teproc's opinion "ridiculous" and votes for him because he's "annoyed"
Post 11 - implying that I am arrogant
Post 12 - implying Teproc does not read properly
Post 13 - "post" post
Post 14 - votes me because Teproc and me are supposedly pushing his buttons
Post 15 - discrediting Awaclus as he votes for yuma
Post 16 - defends his Post 14 position
Post 17 - more of this
Post 18 - even more of this
Post 19 - making fun of Awaclus
Post 20 - arguing against my gkrieg vote
Post 21 - more defending his vote. Also says he tries to "wind up" town players as scum
Post 22 - subtly discrediting Teproc's and my position by implying we would win the discussion due to something other than having better arguments
Post 23 - phooey
Post 24 - more empty posting
Post 25 - more Awaclus bashing
Post 26 - he has "nothing nice" to say about my posts
Post 27 - typo fix
Post 28 - being annoying
Post 29 - says I am "poking and prodding" him so he will get upset
Post 30 - further defends his vote on me

So what I see is a giant OMGUS case on me and nothing else that moves the game forward. I think town!yuma is more productive than this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2016, 08:34:38 pm »

I think this is just annoyed!yuma. I'll reread later thoufh

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2016, 08:41:42 pm »

Post by post discussion of my posts coming up cause apparently I need to be more engaged in this game... Maybe for fun I'll then compare to others in this game and I am guessing that I will be on the more engaged side of the curve compared to the rest of town on average.

You will also see once I spell it out that faust is pushing a biased agenda with some of his descriptors. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seat, but this has to wait til I am on a laptop, and that means waiting until the little one is in bed...

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2016, 09:03:55 pm »

The fact that nothing appears to be happening should indicate scum is lurking right ?

Hydrad and RR?
Yeah, I'm such a lurker.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »

Hydrad and RR?
Yeah, I'm such a lurker.

I'm pretty much a lurker though. but ya interesting that he would say you.

If we really wanted a lurker team...

oh man actually theres a decent amount this game.

me/awaclus/chairs/lekkit and egork I guess?

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2016, 09:11:02 pm »

Also I like yuma right now. hes town to me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2016, 10:03:14 pm »

my comments in red

Doing a quick yuma reread.

Post 1 - some discussion about private QTs faust's first post is talking about ADK's fan fiction
Post 2 - more of this whoopie
Post 3 - says he has some ideas about the setup. What where they, if I may ask? I had some, but at that point ADK had already claimed
Post 4 - sees ADKs claim stating the above
Post 5 - explains some obvious stuff about the claim cause everyone reads the setup right... you are saying this like it is a bad thing to state obvious things. Is it?
Post 6 - says noone else (in the same setup as Fruit Vendor) should claim, and think ADK is town and I still stand by that idea. I think it checks out
Post 7 - questions counterclaiming a valid question
Post 8 - more of this still a valid question to your unnecessarily curt response to a question that was more nuanced
Post 9 - even more of this still valid because your response didn't respond to what I was actually talking about
Post 10 - calls Teproc's opinion "ridiculous" and votes for him because he's "annoyed" It was. "I don't care that you're likely to die" is ridiculous, but then we are getting into that conversation again
Post 11 - implying that I am arrogant You are, or at least your tone conveys a sense of arrogance that is grating (and not just here, but in practically all of the mafia threads/QT/ect) maybe that is personal, but if you can be annoyed with me I can be annoyed with you
Post 12 - implying Teproc does not read properly He didn't. Or at least he didn't respond to what I posted
Post 13 - "post" post post
Post 14 - votes me because Teproc and me are supposedly pushing his buttons still a valid concept
Post 15 - discrediting Awaclus as he votes for yuma discrediting? I don't know where that comes from. Below you ask why I give Awaclus crap. You remember that one time he refused to stop voting for me to his own detriment because of his stubborn nature. That is why. Maybe I should just let bygones be bygones, but man... that was annoying last game, so yeah...
Post 16 - defends his Post 14 position defending positions is good
Post 17 - more of this still good
Post 18 - even more of this even still good
Post 19 - making fun of Awaclus again making reference to last game where he refused to move despite anything that I did
Post 20 - arguing against my gkrieg vote arguing? Try clarifying what looked like a misunderstanding on your part.
Post 21 - more defending his vote. Also says he tries to "wind up" town players as scum I do. Remember Dune I. I don't want to get into that, but a small portion of that was certainly intentional at the beginning
Post 22 - subtly discrediting Teproc's and my position by implying we would win the discussion due to something other than having better arguments discrediting? I don't know if you have better arguments or not because you both fail to actually address the points that I bring up. So it is hard to tell. If you want to have an argument with imaginary yuma you are always going to win. I am sure your points are valid and have worth, but you aren't debating me, you are debating what you want to think I am saying or what you think I am saying, not what I am actually saying
Post 23 - phooey phooey still. Why is my phooey bad, but a lame team calling post is OK?
Post 24 - more empty posting same as above
Post 25 - more Awaclus bashing bashing? more to do with me thinking hydrad lynch is pretty meh at this point
Post 26 - he has "nothing nice" to say about my posts still have nothing nice to say, you want to hear my not nice stuff?
Post 27 - typo fix typos happen, at least they do to me.
Post 28 - being annoying annoying? ok, sure.
Post 29 - says I am "poking and prodding" him so he will get upset aren't you. What is the point of this then?
Post 30 - further defends his vote on me yep. plus think you missed a post. But it was just more empty posting...

So what I see is a giant OMGUS case on me and nothing else that moves the game forward. I think town!yuma is more productive than this.

Keep in mind that this isn't OMGUS at all. You certainly haven't done anything to make me think you are town. This feels a lot more like OMGUS from you. Actually it feels more like GUS. Or just US.

Note the red bold... bashing, arguing, annoying, discrediting. There is an agenda here. Either faust is at a point where he really doesn't have a very high opinion of me or he is doing what I am accusing him of doing. For the first... man I am trying to play nice and get along, but sometimes, I start to wonder why I play these games. As for the second, I think it a very valid tactic as mentioned before.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2016, 10:45:48 pm »

Everyone else is townie, so why not. Also his Awaclus vote is lazy and unconsequential.

I have a hard time ever criticizing a vote on awaclus. I mean it is a vote on awaclus.

Well, given this ruling:

A rule clarification I forgot to include in the original ruleset: quoting (or fake quoting) from personal QTs is fine as long as any and all communication to or from the mods is removed. Run anything you're not sure about past the mods first.
Posting from any shared QTs is obviously forbidden.

I think it should be pretty obvious that I'm town since I'm still playing this game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2016, 11:18:02 pm »

Everyone else is townie, so why not. Also his Awaclus vote is lazy and unconsequential.

I have a hard time ever criticizing a vote on awaclus. I mean it is a vote on awaclus.

Well, given this ruling:

A rule clarification I forgot to include in the original ruleset: quoting (or fake quoting) from personal QTs is fine as long as any and all communication to or from the mods is removed. Run anything you're not sure about past the mods first.
Posting from any shared QTs is obviously forbidden.

I think it should be pretty obvious that I'm town since I'm still playing this game.

Please don't.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2016, 11:20:29 pm »

yuma, if you're trying to play nice, you're not trying hard enough. Neither is faust. Neither am I probably, but still.

I agree this faust reread of yours is... I don't know what to call it really, but it's not good. Does lead credence to the "egging on" theory, but his ultimate point (that town!you is more productive) isn't entirely off-base, so I'mleaning town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2016, 11:21:26 pm »

Please don't.

Don't do what? It's true.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2016, 11:23:57 pm »

I'd like to know which arguments of yours I haven't adressed by the way. That was about the "people should counterclaim ADK" thing right ? You seemto think a PR outing themselves is too big a cost (since you say it's "ridiculous" when i say I don't care if they're likely to die"), which I disagree with because it cathces scum. It's equivalent to a Cop claiming a result, and that's obviously good, so... really I don't get your position at all.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2016, 11:24:17 pm »

dayvig: Awaclus

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2016, 11:26:56 pm »

I'm just adding more fuel to the fire, aren't I ?

Sorry about that. It'd be nice if the people lurking stopped doing so, because this is also playing a part in this whole thing. When the only people talking are getting progressively annoyed with each other and the only guy jumping in is Awaclus, it gets nasty. So please, Hydrad, RR, Lekkit... who else is in this game ?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.