Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 13)  (Read 15199 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
Re: You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 13)
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 06:41:22 pm »

I wanted to submit a card, but put off thinking about it till today. So I didn't think about it much, and it turned out silly. oh well.

Hogwash
If your Hogwash Mat is empty, +1 Card, +1 Action.
Reveal the top card of your deck. Trash it, discard it, or put it back. If you trashed it, play a card from your Hogwash mat. If there is still at least one card on your Hogwash mat, +$3.
-
When any player gains an action card, you may set this aside. If you do, put a copy of the gained card from the supply onto your Hogwash mat and play this at the start of your next turn.
(I originally called it Gee Wiz, but then I noticed we were on H.)

This can't gain, though, which is one of the criteria.

And as for a generalization of my card:

Generalized Epsilon:
You may play an Action card from your hand. If you do, trash it, then gain an Action card costing exactly $X more than it, playing it.
Cost: $5/$6

Note that the original version should also be able to only gain Actions, which I accidentally left out.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:45:04 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:28 pm »

It puts "a copy of the [other player's] gained card from the supply on your Hogwash mat", and then can play the card on your mat. I would think that's close enough to gaining, even though it doesn't use the term 'gain'.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »

It puts "a copy of the [other player's] gained card from the supply on your Hogwash mat", and then can play the card on your mat. I would think that's close enough to gaining, even though it doesn't use the term 'gain'.

Still, I don't think it can work for our purposes, because the top half does nothing unless a specific reaction is chosen. We already know that we want it to react to gaining, but we don't want to have a top half that doesn't leave room for people to submit ideas for the reaction effect.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 12:19:29 am »

Still, I don't think it can work for our purposes, because the top half does nothing unless a specific reaction is chosen. We already know that we want it to react to gaining, but we don't want to have a top half that doesn't leave room for people to submit ideas for the reaction effect.
oh well. I probably wouldn't have voted for it anyway.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2016, 05:46:43 am »

Some Card - Action / Reaction - $5

+1<VP>
Trash a card from your hand.
+<VP> equal to half the number of differently named cards in the trash, rounded down. <-- This wording is a bit awkward
You may spend any number of <VP>. +1 Action per <VP> spent this way.

Still needs to gain, though. I do wonder if adding "gain a card costing the same as the trashed card" would keep it about the same power-level. It would make it much weaker as as a trasher, being unable to get rid of Coppers. But it would make it stronger in that you could get more cards into the trash without losing good cards from your deck.
Fixed some things, my below the line stays the same, my above the line becomes:
  • No more extra VP tokens per card in trash, that was weird, instead...
  • Gain an action card with cost per differently named card in trash, so having trashed Estate and Copper can get you a Hamlet and with one more you can already gain $3 cards; note that you can freely trash the first card if there are no Poor Houses or Ruins in play

+1<VP>
Trash a card from your hand, gain an Action card costing up to $1 per differently named card in the trash.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2016, 09:49:05 am »

Some Card - Action / Reaction - $5

+1<VP>
Trash a card from your hand.
+<VP> equal to half the number of differently named cards in the trash, rounded down. <-- This wording is a bit awkward

Still needs to gain, though. I do wonder if adding "gain a card costing the same as the trashed card" would keep it about the same power-level. It would make it much weaker as as a trasher, being unable to get rid of Coppers. But it would make it stronger in that you could get more cards into the trash without losing good cards from your deck.
Fixed some things, my below the line stays the same, my above the line becomes:
  • No more extra VP tokens per card in trash, that was weird, instead...
  • Gain an action card with cost per differently named card in trash, so having trashed Estate and Copper can get you a Hamlet and with one more you can already gain $3 cards; note that you can freely trash the first card if there are no Poor Houses or Ruins in play

+1<VP>
Trash a card from your hand, gain an Action card costing up to $1 per differently named card in the trash.

Ruins don't cost $1. Poor Houses are the only case where you can't freely trash the first card with this.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2016, 10:17:24 am »

No, because it says "up to".

Ruins, costing $0, are Action cards costing up to $1, so you'll have to gain one of them.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2016, 10:18:28 am »

No, because it says "up to".

Ruins, costing $0, are Action cards costing up to $1, so you'll have to gain one of them.

Ah, I see.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.562 seconds with 20 queries.