Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17  All

Author Topic: Latest Release  (Read 121072 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Release
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2015, 03:58:09 pm »

THE PROGRAM WORKS FOR ME AGAIN!!! YAAAAS

Kingdom generator = win. I love that they're basically doing what Salvager does except without the typing. There's one thing I'm missing though, which is the ability to reject certain cards - I asked on the MF forums if they'll be doing that.

Now all we need is:
-First player picker for challenge mode
-Alternatives to drag and drop
-End actions/turn button relocation
-Friendlist/blacklist
-BIG CARDS (seriously, where are they?)
-Unrated games (possibly instead of casual)
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2015, 05:07:18 pm »

Kingdom generator = win. I love that they're basically doing what Salvager does except without the typing.

Uh, is typing still an option? Because I usually paste a list of 10 Kingdom card names into Salvager's kingdom generator.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
+1

In addition, 2.0.41 supports version 1's "Deck Builder" functionality under a "Choose Cards" tab, in case you ever want to set up a specific kingdom. You can select which specific cards you want to use, including picking the bane card. When selecting cards, you can choose the set and sort cards by name or cost. Or you can search all existing cards by name. You can very quickly set up a kingdom without lifting your fingers from the keyboard: type enough of the name of a card to select it, hit the return key key to add it to the kingdom, start typing the next one, and so on.

It is.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2015, 06:33:23 pm »
+7

In addition, 2.0.41 supports version 1's "Deck Builder" functionality under a "Choose Cards" tab, in case you ever want to set up a specific kingdom. You can select which specific cards you want to use, including picking the bane card. When selecting cards, you can choose the set and sort cards by name or cost. Or you can search all existing cards by name. You can very quickly set up a kingdom without lifting your fingers from the keyboard: type enough of the name of a card to select it, hit the return key key to add it to the kingdom, start typing the next one, and so on.

It is.

You can't copy/paste though. You have to type each card individually. But at least the mouse pointer is now some gauntletted hand, right?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2015, 07:51:30 pm »

Is the game still slow? How are the animations?

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »

Is the game still slow? How are the animations?

Delays are still there, but

Quote from: Jeff (Developer);39759
The next release (2.0.42) will be a relatively quick one, so we'll have to see how much we can get done. Things slated for this include ability to see hard-coded cards you are challenged with, improvements to the speed in-game animations happen at (especially eliminating delays), kingdom card layout improvements, fixing some crashes, upgrading our Unity core from 5.1.x to 5.2.x which will fix a number of known bugs, and migrating users to version 2 who managed to sign up to the Facebook version of the original site.

One thing we're planning to get out before shutting 1.0 down is an alpha version of a web build. Personally I'll prefer the downloadable version for quite a while though, as the web technology is not yet mature. (Unity WebGL is in "Preview" status and browser manufacturers have a long ways to go to optimize their asm.js/WebGL.)

We won't get all the features we want in before we shut 1.0 down, but afterwards we'll continue to implement features and release regularly. In fact it will be easier then, because we can focus our time on that instead of supporting 1.0. Features we desperately want like social features (friends list, etc.), the ability to play on tablets, and ones like I mentioned in the previous post will likely come shortly after shutting 1.0 down.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2015, 08:59:28 pm »
+2

It is my understanding that they know exactly what needs to be fixed now and it will be all better.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2015, 09:27:28 pm »
+1

🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2015, 12:45:11 am »
+11

In fact it will be easier then, because we can focus our time on that instead of supporting 1.0.

Imagine the amount of resources that will be freed once they end their stellar support of 1.0...

We're about to enter the golden age of online Dominion.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2015, 08:41:42 am »

In fact it will be easier then, because we can focus our time on that instead of supporting 1.0.

Imagine the amount of resources that will be freed once they end their stellar support of 1.0...

We're about to enter the golden age of online Dominion.

All I ask is that the speed be the same as 1.0. Automatch is just okay right now, but maybe that is because of the pool of players on 2.0. I do wish bot games did not count towards the leader board though.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2015, 10:30:11 am »

I don't know if there is grounds for me to believe my automatches are slower than optimal on 2.0.  There's only X players, and I don't know how many of them have checked "don't put me on sets I don't own" and how many are looping rematches

Bot games counting towards the leaderboard sounds awful though

buggy

• Scout
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
    • Interactivities Ink
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2015, 10:32:29 am »

Animations are still there for embargo, trade route, &c.  They seem subtler and I can live with them.  Curse and VP Token animations still suck.

WTF is up with the gauntlet cursor though?  It looks really ugly and jarring.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2015, 11:09:21 am »
+4

Customized cursors are the hallmark of tech savviness.  Don't you remember the free ones you could get off myspace ads in the early millenium?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2015, 12:15:49 pm »
+4

I really think there's just one employee at MF who is completely useless except for doing visual effects, and when they told him to stop doing ridiculous animations he asked if he could make a custom cursor instead. He probably made the weird crystal ball matchmaking screen thing too. Just a hunch.

Otherwise, looking better every day. It's almost pretty good now! Excited for the iPad app.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2015, 12:26:54 pm »

I really think there's just one employee at MF who is completely useless except for doing visual effects, and when they told him to stop doing ridiculous animations he asked if he could make a custom cursor instead. He probably made the weird crystal ball matchmaking screen thing too. Just a hunch.

Otherwise, looking better every day. It's almost pretty good now! Excited for the iPad app.
I want to believe this is an unlikely explanation.

I want to believe, Lord, help my unbelief.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2015, 03:19:43 pm »
+2

Customized cursors are the hallmark of tech savviness.  Don't you remember the free ones you could get off myspace ads in the early millenium?

That's what emojis are. Pop-up ads from America Online from 1999.

And yet they're a thing now.

I don't understand civilization anymore.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2015, 05:54:04 pm »

Animations are still there for embargo, trade route, &c.  They seem subtler and I can live with them.  Curse and VP Token animations still suck.

WTF is up with the gauntlet cursor though?  It looks really ugly and jarring.

Aside from animations, sifting cards like Rebuild take a long to play though because it goes through each card one by one even on the fastest mode.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2015, 06:28:03 pm »

Custom cursor? No such thing in the GNU/Linux version. I guess we're too 1337 to go for that kind of thing!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2015, 10:47:58 pm »
+1

That's what emojis are. Pop-up ads from America Online from 1999.

And yet they're a thing now.

I don't understand civilization anymore.
Emojis are when emoticons get a fancy animation right? They are usually worse than emoticons.  I hate emojis.

I like the Rebuild's slow sifting seems evocative of its backbreaking power level.  I'm sure Fortune Teller will feel worse though.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2015, 12:02:18 am »
+2

I just downloaded and played to see how things were going.

The cards and their text are still blurry. The animations are still herky-jerky. The weird pace of revealing cards makes me want to tear my hair out. I still see no reason why this is better than 1.0. I urge you to go back and play 1.0 and see how smooth the interface and the card-moving animations are.

(attachments, two screenshots of Mountebank, one in 1.0, one in 2.0)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2015, 12:40:59 am »

I didn't find the kingdom generator at first because it's only under 'challenge other players'. Can't you use the kingdom generator with seeking? If not, that really sucks. Is it because we don't have separate rated & unrated modes?  Well, why don't we have separate rated & unrated modes?  So I can't use the kingdom generator while seeking an opponent, and I can't challenge an opponent without knowing who else is online. ugh

Also, is there no way with the kingdom generator to randomize from all except a few certain cards?  THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON I WANTED A KINGDOM GENERATOR. <headdesk>
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:49:43 am by LibraryAdventurer »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2015, 09:19:15 am »
+1

They're working on implementing a card blacklist.  Fret not, you will be able to play without Black Market/Tournament/Rebuild/Giant Foam Dildo if you so please.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2015, 12:05:05 pm »

They're working on implementing a card blacklist.  Fret not, you will be able to play without Black Market/Tournament/Rebuild/Giant Foam Dildo if you so please.

Man, the playtesters came up with some really strange code names for cards.  "Black Market" is just ridiculous.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2015, 12:06:30 pm »
+2

Man, the playtesters came up with some really strange code names for cards.  "Black Market" is just ridiculous.

I know, like, why the market gotta be black?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2015, 02:37:54 pm »
+1

It is.

You can't copy/paste though. You have to type each card individually.

Wow, that is useless to me. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks for the info, guys.

I guess I'll still try the new version again once the animations are (finally) fixed. *sigh*
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 21 queries.