Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: When I told my parents that trashing is good, this isn't exactly what I meant...  (Read 1421 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1687
    • View Profile

So I played a game with my parents with Deart Cart the other day. I think this was our first time using that card. So my mom buys multiple death carts and uses them (sometimes using a band of misfits as a death cart) to get to $8 almost every turn starting before I had gotten any provinces, trashing whatever other action card she had in hand, and she won.

The kingdom: Poor house, Beggar, Wishing Well, Swindler, Forager, Shanty Town, Conspirator, Death Cart, Band of Mistfits, Harem.

I look at the kingdom and think, hey this is a great game for band of misfits, since they can be used as any other action card in the kingdom. So I aim to load up of band of misfits, usually using an early one as a forager to trash my junk and them as activated conspirators once I had two other actions in play. This plan didn't make it against my parents' death carts.
I've played with Death Cart online and no one has done that good with it. I guess I didn't realize how good that card is?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
+1

Forager/Swindler into a WW/Conspirator engine seems good here.  BoM is not bad, but not really needed either.  If you hit $5 and one buy, it's a good purchase.  If I have multiple buys and enough money, I'll gladly take two cheaper cards over it here.  Poor House is not out of the question, but I'd have to test it to see (works well with/as BoM).  Death Cart spam can probably win if you build the engine too slowly, so that's not too surprising really.  I don't think Death Cart is particularly good--it's mediocre most of the time--but like anything else, in the right situation it's the right choice.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile

Death Cart counters looters well and it mid games well cleaning out Mint, Peddler, Torturer, etc. etc. to great effect.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile

Playing a lot of Swindlers is going to disrupt the Death Carts. Swindling Ruins into Curses is even better than Swindling Coppers. If you see them not going engine, aim to play two Swindlers per turn quickly, even before getting your economy up. That means, just buy Swindler, Forager and a single Shanty Town (unless you have Shelters and keep your Necro). Swindling Death Carts is great once they got all those ruins from them.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.