Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Silk Road Slog with thousands of options  (Read 1419 times)

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
Silk Road Slog with thousands of options
« on: December 19, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »

I just played this game: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20131219/log.505d72d7a2e6fa3316de089e.1387481954107.txt

For me it was obvious that it was Silk Road-Gardens, but what approach is the best? With Baron, Cache, Hoard, Smugglers and Hermit there are tons of options, I am quite curious how you guys would have played here. Was my Province buy instead of the second to last Silk Road wrong? Is Hoard a must-buy?

Code: [Select]
Hermit, Smugglers, Baron, Farming Village, Gardens, Silk Road, Cache, Council Room, Festival, Hoard
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:48:40 pm by achmed_sender »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
Re: Silk Road Slog with thousands of options
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 03:06:03 pm »
+1

I think Smugglers is almost strictly better than Hermit here since a) your opponent will probably be gaining something every turn and it will usually be something less than $6 that you want, and b) you're not going to be using the hermit's trashing or turning it into a madman. Hoard is a nice opportunity buy if you get an early $6 with one buy but otherwise I think getting Baron, Smugglers and maybe Cache and snatching up as many VP as you can as quickly as you can is the way to go.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 03:39:26 pm »

I agree with Smugglers over Hermit. Definitely Baron.

Festival and Cache are both good options on $5 I think. I might go Festival early then switch to Cache's. I like having the option with Festival to buy Estate/Estate or on $6 Silk Road/Estate, depending on the situation, and the fact that it reduced the (albeit, small) chances of being unable to play a terminal.

I think playing this game would be tricky to time when to build and when to green.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 04:27:14 pm »

Hoard with an early $6 is great here.  Those extra golds will make it easier to pick up Duchies and also give you extra cards for the Gardens.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.