Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 181079 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #1200 on: April 11, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »

Doing some rereading.

Xeiron, it's hard to reconcile these two extremes:

Would some kind of DaySK work?
Vote: jimm
For implying that yuma is someone that we might want to lynch.

What I see is yuma, doing exactly what he would do if he was lying scum.
Talking up his own credibility, and refusing to prove his claim.
On the other hand, if he was town, I would expect some understanding from him on the nedd of verifying his claim.
I think yuma is scum by now.

vote: yuma

Yes, my read of yuma has changed from early D1 and to now. It has something to do with claiming and then not confirming that claim.

Yes I know you changed your read, but like I said before it's the extreme change that's weird.  It seems that if you are willing to lynch him now you would have at least considered the possibility that he was lying before.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 11, 2014, 07:37:18 pm »

Question to someone who knows flavor, since my attempts at figuring this out on the WoT wiki have been ambiguous:

Would a character holding a maiden spear be good or evil?

Good.  That would be an Aeil, and they were swell.  For the most part.  Okay there was a clan who were pricks, so maybe you need some context.

But those questions give stuff away!  I don't think we should be asking them.

Well I don't think there's harm in giving this away, since he's roleclaimed, but Yuma is a possessor of a maiden spear. So that means he's probably town?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 11, 2014, 07:39:29 pm »

Question to someone who knows flavor, since my attempts at figuring this out on the WoT wiki have been ambiguous:

Good.  That would be an Aeil, and they were swell.  For the most part.  Okay there was a clan who were pricks, so maybe you need some context.

Well I don't think there's harm in giving this away, since he's roleclaimed, but Yuma is a possessor of a maiden spear. So that means he's probably town?

Are you sure it's "possessor of a maiden spear" and not "Is a Maiden of the Spear"?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 11, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »

I am????

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2014, 07:41:20 pm »

Oh i see something now rereading my PM,,, how much should i divulge?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 11, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

I dunno, I am treading carefully here, I have written 3 posts and then erased them not wanting to give anything away about either my role or about yours (if you are really town).

Basically...I am going to be very very very suspicious if you don't shoot today knowing what I know about your role. I am disappointed to hear that it doesn't make you 100% town, that would have been great, but I am suspicious along the same lines that Xeiron is....I would expect you to shoot and not wait until LYLO, basically.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 11, 2014, 07:51:30 pm »

The people I'm looking at lynching today, now that I get a townier feel from Xeiron, are Arch Jimmmm and ADK. Commencing re-read specifically of these 3 now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »

I dunno, I am treading carefully here, I have written 3 posts and then erased them not wanting to give anything away about either my role or about yours (if you are really town).

Basically...I am going to be very very very suspicious if you don't shoot today knowing what I know about your role. I am disappointed to hear that it doesn't make you 100% town, that would have been great, but I am suspicious along the same lines that Xeiron is....I would expect you to shoot and not wait until LYLO, basically.

I can't imagine one of the bad Aeil's being a flavor character.  They weren't major enough.  My strong strong bet would be that your finding implies a flavor that is necessarily a town role.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 11, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »

really... I don't have anything in my role that indicates shooting early as better. Maybe you are misinterpreting something or something didn't translate. I don't know the flavor at all, but I am quite sure there are no negative repercussions from me not shooting.

And I am not waiting until lylo. I am waiting until I am more confident I will hit scum and not town... I would rather die myself then kill off a better and more pro-town role than me. why is that so hard to understand?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:09 pm »

Are you sure it's "possessor of a maiden spear" and not "Is a Maiden of the Spear"?

what is the difference?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2014, 07:56:39 pm »

Yes I am sure.

Are there any characters who weren't Aeil who were in possession of maiden spears at any point?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2014, 08:00:25 pm »

what is the difference?

Maidens of the Spear are people.  They are warrior women ... essentially one of the primary warrior classes of the Aiel society (a kind of nomadic people living in the Wastes, a rocky land with little vegetation and little rainfall).  Though only women can be Maidens.

A "maiden spear" sounds like an item, and I don't think it's actually ever mentioned in Wheel of Time.  But maybe you could call the spear that is wielded by a Maiden of the Spear a "maiden spear".

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

I guess that's what Mail-mi did there then, but my flavor 100% indicates it's an item Yuma has.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 11, 2014, 08:03:24 pm »

Well I am the latter... by title. my flavor name is...  Aviendha.

So not sure why TA got it wrong.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 11, 2014, 08:04:22 pm »

I guess that's what Mail-mi did there then, but my flavor 100% indicates it's an item Yuma has.

Didn't he say that flavour wouldn't help?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:14 pm »

Yes I am sure.

Are there any characters who weren't Aeil who were in possession of maiden spears at any point?

Uh, no, not really.  Rand had a bunch of Maiden's of the Spear following him around.. they were like his personal bodyguard.  He had a spear itself, but it was a Seachan weapon, not Aiel.

I assume so. They're Maidens, they have spears, so Maiden's spear makes sense.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:30 pm »

This is worth pointing out on the re-read:

Jimmmm's first reaction to Yuma's day-vig claim is to ask if a day-SK would work. The second is to vote Sudgy for voting Yuma. Seems scummy to me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »

I don't think it's wrong.  I think I was just being pedantic with wording.  I mean she's a Maiden of the Spear, and her weapon is a spear, so sure, it's a maiden's spear. 

Anyway, I was like 99% sure that was who you were given  the words "maiden" and "spear" being associated with you in any way.

I'm a little surprised that the ability is dayvig, but I guess I didn't have any thoughts on what Aviendha's ability would be.  Dayvig makes sense.. she's a fierce warrior and extremely capable in combat.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2014, 08:09:05 pm »

What did I get wrong? Quick google shows that she's a maiden of the spear, so you'd have a maiden spear. So you should be able to confirm my night result!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »

What did I get wrong? Quick google shows that she's a maiden of the spear, so you'd have a maiden spear. So you should be able to confirm my night result!

Oh... I thought you implied I WAS NOT a "Maiden of the Spear"just that I had said spear, as in you thought I had a different title or something...

So am I an IC now?  ;D

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2014, 08:12:31 pm »

Oh... I thought you implied I WAS NOT a "Maiden of the Spear"just that I had said spear, as in you thought I had a different title or something...

So am I an IC now?  ;D

Aviendha is 100% a "good guy", so I'd say yes.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2014, 08:13:21 pm »

I suppose so

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2014, 08:14:22 pm »

If Aviendha is 100% a good guy, and Yuma is 100% Aviendha, then yes he's IC in my books. Fire when you want, I trust your judgement :P I will explain my confusion after the game if you're still interested.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »

If Aviendha is 100% a good guy, and Yuma is 100% Aviendha, then yes he's IC in my books. Fire when you want, I trust your judgement :P I will explain my confusion after the game if you're still interested.

and i'll reread my pm to make sure I am not missing something... i take it that it is something that shouldn't be publicly revealed?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »

I've been traveling all day with a dead phone but I'm charging it now. Can't catch up right now, I'll be able to later tonight.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.