Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 178451 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Signups are open!)
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:51 am »

Bump! I even put up a sample PM for you guys.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 11:15:53 am »

I'll official in (just checking that I can mail-mi. I know I talked with you on some RMM roles in the past and hope that doesn't disqualify me from this game)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »

I'll official in (just checking that I can mail-mi. I know I talked with you on some RMM roles in the past and hope that doesn't disqualify me from this game)
Yep!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 07:15:11 am »

/in

Jdaki

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »

What does RMM stand for?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »

What does RMM stand for?
Role MADNESSS mafia.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 05:10:02 pm »

Total newbie here but I'm in the middle of Lord of Chaos so I'm tempted...
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 06:19:04 pm »

I really want you to join, but I would advise you at least complete 1 normal game first.

Btw, that book has an awesome ending.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 06:38:28 pm »

I really want you to join, but I would advise you at least complete 1 normal game first.

Yeah, even a few days of Adventure Time would serve you well.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 09:10:23 pm »

mail-mi...HOW role madness will this be?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:27 pm »

How do i put this.... It's stat-eligible, if yuma decides to do the RMMs he's specified. But not too un-crazy that it would be normal.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 06:18:33 am »

dang; i like the wiggity-wack ones the best.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 11:36:30 am »

dang; i like the wiggity-wack ones the best.
Well there will still be some "wiggity-wack"ness of course.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:53 pm »

How do i put this.... It's stat-eligible, if yuma decides to do the RMMs he's specified. But not too un-crazy that it would be normal.

How does yuma determine if it's stat eligible? There's definitely some weird roles and interactions, but I don't think there's anything that's considered bastardly. (No alignment switching anyways, which is one of my least favourite things to have in a game.)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »

yuma doesn't track RMM. Full stop.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 01:09:41 pm »

I remember him saying at one point if he did track RMM games, they would be ones without weird things like dice rolling or The One Ring. This one, like LOTR1, doesn't have any weird things like that.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

I remember him saying at one point if he did track RMM games, they would be ones without weird things like dice rolling or The One Ring. This one, like LOTR1, doesn't have any weird things like that.

I was assuming the whole time that yuma wasn't going to track this. We tried for something balanced, but there wasn't any thought on my end of the creation about having it tracked for stats.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »

I was assuming the whole time that yuma wasn't going to track this. We tried for something balanced, but there wasn't any thought on my end of the creation about having it tracked for stats.

He isn't. I'm just saying that if he did track RMM games, then this would be eligible.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:30 pm »

I do!

(Speaking of which, I need to input more stats...)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 03:16:47 pm »

I don't know why I said Lord of Chaos. I'm actually in the middle of Fires of Heaven. This book is apparently when everyone slows way down, although I haven't had a problem with it yet.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 05:16:41 pm »

I don't know why I said Lord of Chaos. I'm actually in the middle of Fires of Heaven. This book is apparently when everyone slows way down, although I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Having quickly looked at the plot summaries of the series, I don't think it slows down until Lord of Chaos, then it picks up again in Winter's Heart. That's not to say that the books in between are bad, or lack plot.

Very minor spoilery hints at what might happen in later books:
There's still lots of things happening they just don't seem to progress as rapidly as the previous ones. At that point I'd say the series seems to actually start wrapping up some of the many plotlines introduced in earlier books. I'd say that around Lord of Chaos it is more accurate to say that the books start to suffer from character bloat. Too many perspective characters that are all doing different things, so the story must jump from person to person who are in totally different settings that need to be explained. Around Winter's Heart they stop introducing new people and start tying up loose ends (some people die, some people just end up in the same room more often, some people's perspective's become less crucial to the story and are thus not told as often). There's a little bit of back and forth in the series where the occasional new character line pops up after that, but it seems more managed. Around Lord of Chaos it starts being problematic, continues to until Winter's Heart where it seems to get under control again. All that said if you like a character they are written consistently throughout so their story lines will continue to interest you even if you occasionally feel like maybe there's a bit much going on.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »

He isn't. I'm just saying that if he did track RMM games, then this would be eligible.

Yep. I don't track RMM games, partially because some are wacky, but more importantly because RMM games are played differently. For me they are like the All-Star game, or pre-season or FIFA friendlies. For example, I play much more loose and free (also post a lot less) and just don't get nearly as competitive and so I don't like the idea of mixing stats with normal games.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 03:07:27 am »

I'm only in one mafia game, how can that be?

/in
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

BUMP!

Having quickly looked at the plot summaries of the series, I don't think it slows down until Lord of Chaos, then it picks up again in Winter's Heart. That's not to say that the books in between are bad, or lack plot.

Very minor spoilery hints at what might happen in later books:
There's still lots of things happening they just don't seem to progress as rapidly as the previous ones. At that point I'd say the series seems to actually start wrapping up some of the many plotlines introduced in earlier books. I'd say that around Lord of Chaos it is more accurate to say that the books start to suffer from character bloat. Too many perspective characters that are all doing different things, so the story must jump from person to person who are in totally different settings that need to be explained. Around Winter's Heart they stop introducing new people and start tying up loose ends (some people die, some people just end up in the same room more often, some people's perspective's become less crucial to the story and are thus not told as often). There's a little bit of back and forth in the series where the occasional new character line pops up after that, but it seems more managed. Around Lord of Chaos it starts being problematic, continues to until Winter's Heart where it seems to get under control again. All that said if you like a character they are written consistently throughout so their story lines will continue to interest you even if you occasionally feel like maybe there's a bit much going on.

Winter's Heart is where the character slog ends, and the story slog begins. Crossroads of Twilight is just so slow, it's literally "Mat continues to try to blah blah blah, Perrin continues to try to blah blah blah, Egwene continues to try to blah blah blah, Elayne continues to try to blah blah blah..." Almost nothing important happens in that book.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 08:37:04 pm »

/in
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 19 queries.