Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: For My First Prize... Bag of Gold! (opponent resigns)  (Read 968 times)

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
For My First Prize... Bag of Gold! (opponent resigns)
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:54:22 pm »
+2

Here' the game log.

Code: [Select]
Poor House, Embargo, Vagrant, Baron, Noble Brigand, Tournament, Treasure Map, Apprentice, Ill-Gotten Gains, Altar
I open Silver-Tournament and spike the Altar on turn 4 (lucky me!  ;D). Then it's Apprentice-IGG for me and mostly just IGG for him (he didn't get his first Apprentice nearly early enough to really have a chance of catching up).

What made this game interesting is that on Turn 14 when I connect Tournament with a Province, it's pretty clear that Bag of Gold is actually the best prize! I think for a little bit: Followers, not really good because the curses are out; Trusty Steed is a village, but I don't need that yet. What I really need is Apprentice fodder and money. I need Gold. Princess then grabbing Treasure Maps is kind of fiddly. I choose Bag of Gold and he resigns. (I would have picked up Princess next, then Trusty Steed, then Diadem, then Followers.)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Re: For My First Prize... Bag of Gold! (opponent resigns)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:02:07 pm »
+2

But what about Trusty steed for the 4 silvers ?

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
Re: For My First Prize... Bag of Gold! (opponent resigns)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:06:46 pm »

But what about Trusty steed for the 4 silvers ?

I was afraid that gaining silvers more than once would make my deck too bloated (I didn't have that many Apprentices and some IGGs to trash, still). Apprenticing Silver isn't the best thing ever, either.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.58 seconds with 21 queries.