Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202283 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #2000 on: January 20, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

Obviously you see that the pro-town thing for me to do, in my position, is to vote for anyone who has votes other than myself.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 20, 2014, 04:01:33 pm »

Well, that's prety damning Robz. Also, the last few posts by Ichimaru and liopoil have me increasingly convinced that liopoil is the townie in that pairing.

Yeah, we should lynch Robz today, definitely.

It's not damning at all. It's my optimal move.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 20, 2014, 04:03:09 pm »

Obviously you see that the pro-town thing for me to do, in my position, is to vote for anyone who has votes other than myself.

Other than Lekkit and 2.7, of course. Anyone else has a 3/4 chance of being scum. My town read is lio.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 20, 2014, 04:03:58 pm »

oh. well, sort of. There is still one townie who you, as "town" don't want to lynch. And now that you know e unvoted you are still voting for him? And you know that you alone can't get the lynch. I could understand if it was a hammer, but in this case, it only helps him get lynched if he was town because other townies aren't about to be voting for him soon.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 20, 2014, 04:04:42 pm »

Congrats, you found a decent town narrative. Still, the "vote: Ichimaru" with nothing else in the text is scummy.

Not that it matters anyway, liopoil's case on you and other few recent posts have me increasingly confident that he is town, which means you are scum. Or liopoil is very good, but oh well.

Oh, and the 3/5 mistake by Ichi is definitely something. There is a HUGE difference between looking at 3/4 and 3/5, and I don't think town!anyone would make that mistake.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 20, 2014, 04:05:41 pm »

I guess I don't really care that your vote is there, since at least one of you and ichi is scum anyway.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 20, 2014, 04:07:10 pm »

Actually that vote doesn't make sense to me either way. Hm.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 20, 2014, 04:10:05 pm »

This feels like DS9. I came into the lylo feeling heavily that robz was the scum, but he got me to vote for yuma instead, who was also scum. So I think teproc is the townie, and I pretty much can't get it wrong. still, we're lynching robz. But he's giving me way more doubts than I should be having.

I actually think at this point that the vote was him trying to be townie by voting by whoever has a vote on them, not a quickhammer attempt.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 20, 2014, 04:12:46 pm »

Yeah, quickhammer doesn't make sense. Even if Ichimaru is town, I don't think yuma is on anyway.

Probably a weird attempt at towncred, especially because it works with his defense for the mail-mi quickhammer. But I'll stop second-guessing myself, I'm sure enough now. Lekkit not having posted in forever is the only thing preventing me to vote Robz now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 20, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »

Lio, I am just, I am amazed that you can be more certain on me than on yuma and Ichi.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: January 20, 2014, 04:14:37 pm »

Yeah, quickhammer doesn't make sense. Even if Ichimaru is town, I don't think yuma is on anyway.

Probably a weird attempt at towncred, especially because it works with his defense for the mail-mi quickhammer. But I'll stop second-guessing myself, I'm sure enough now. Lekkit not having posted in forever is the only thing preventing me to vote Robz now.

Or, it's exactly what I said it was, because lynching me is a guaranteed loss, and lynching any one else (of the suspects) has a 75% chance of killing scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 20, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »

Yes, it could be. But everything else is pointing me to you being scum.

I do feel more confident about yuma than you. But it hardly matters at this point, since 2.7 seems more likely to lynch you than yuma, so I'll be voting for you. I admit there is a risk that you are town, and in that case I'm sorry and I'm officially an awful town player, but I am willing to bet the game on liopoil being town, which means lynching anyone of Robz/yuma/Ichimaru.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 20, 2014, 04:29:47 pm »

I'm having trouble deciding who I'm more confident now. I need to imagine a scenario where Teproc is scum - who is town in that scenario?

Probably robz actually. Unvote

Teproc, if I am scum, who do you think the townie is?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 20, 2014, 04:33:17 pm »

and I mean, that makes me feel better about Teproc being town, because if he isn't then robz is probably town, which is false!

So let's just lynch all the scum? who wants to go first?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 20, 2014, 04:34:26 pm »

If you're scum, Ichimaru is town I think. That's based on the wagon on you day 1, where I think one of you two had to be town because I don't believe Ichi would put you as L-2 as a newbie playing scum. One of the first advice he would have gotten from Robz and yuma is that bussing day 1 is not a great idea in general, and should only be done in extreme circumstances, which was obviously not the case here.

Robz is very good at making me second-guess myself here. If I were in 2.7's or Lekkit's position, I would probably not lynch Robz, but the extremely small lynch pool is helping here. Assuming I'm right, that is.

So yeah, Ichimaru. Which is why I would prefer to lynch yuma/robz today. But ultimately I don't think I'll change my mind on you/Ichimaru.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 20, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »

If you're scum, Ichimaru is town I think.
so, let's lynch Yuma first then?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 20, 2014, 04:42:39 pm »

That's what I would do yes, but mostly it comes down to who 2.7 and Lekkit think is scum. It's easier for us to think in terms of entire scumteams because we only have to identify one townie, but ultimately if they both want to lynch, say, Ichimaru first, I'll take the risk and do it.

The reason for that is, if we're right, we'll go all the way, since scum will kill the ICs at night. So if we lynch yuma today, then Lekkit gets killed and we lynch whoever 2.7 agrees to lynch between Robz and Ichimaru (assuming we convince 2.7 of this), and then it's us two and the last scum left. So now that I'm pretty confident in having identified the scum, I'll lynch whoever 2.7 and Lekkit want to, because I'll have to vote for Ichimaru at some point anyway.

The counterargument to this is that I might change my mind, but I don't think I will. Or, well, I don't think I should.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 20, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »

Ahh, okay. So, Lekkit and E:

You have three options for lynch, robz, yuma, and ichimaru gin. Pick one, we'll sheep you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 20, 2014, 04:48:09 pm »

Basically my only fear here is that scum!liopoil saw that I was undecided on Ichimaru/liopoil but pretty confident on Robz/yuma and he decided that his best chance was to eventually buddy me into lynching Ichimaru. If that's the case, I mean, he did a great job of saying what I thought even before I posted it sometimes (the 3/4 vs 3/5 thing, Ichi advocating for the lynch of his scum reads 2 and 3, other stuff I can't remember right now), and I'll just tip my hat to him if that's the case.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 20, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

Ahh, okay. So, Lekkit and E:

You have three options for lynch, robz, yuma, and ichimaru gin. Pick one, we'll sheep you.

You guys know which one of these three I want.  I will wait and hopefully Lekkit shows up and has some stuff to say.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

Basically my only fear here...
Basically my only fear here is that lekkit is scum. Oh wait, that's impossible. good. I guess Teproc could be scum. Yeah, that's my only fear.

and now we wait for a lekkit-prod...

hey, maybe yuma will have something to say tomorrow too.

Also, voltaire, if you're watching in the speccy, POE ftw! (maybe I'm being a bit too confident here)

I've been posting way too much today. I'm out for a while. Bye guys!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 20, 2014, 08:11:20 pm »

What I saw was :
- yuma reread Robz yesterday and determined that he was scummy and was his biggest scum read of the game
- liopoil was pushing for Robz's lynch (it certainly read like you were asking me to vote now by the way)
- yuma saw that, and wondered if it meant that liopoil was excited town or just scum bussing. When I saw that, I wondered if it meant that liopoil was scum trying to win the game by lynching Robz. I'm town, so yuma having a very different reaction seemed scummy to me.

Maybe this is all wrong because town!yuma isn't paranoid as me in those situations (come to think of it, he certainly wasn't in GoT), but I don't think it's as ridiculous as yuma makes it sound.

But the part you are leaving out is what I added in italics above...

I was going to add more about this (and a lot to talk about below apparently), but time to watch Buffy with the wife so it will have to wait... Sorry.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 20, 2014, 08:45:12 pm »

What I saw was :
- yuma reread Robz yesterday and determined that he was scummy and was his biggest scum read of the game
- liopoil was pushing for Robz's lynch (it certainly read like you were asking me to vote now by the way)
- yuma saw that, and wondered if it meant that liopoil was excited town or just scum bussing. When I saw that, I wondered if it meant that liopoil was scum trying to win the game by lynching Robz. I'm town, so yuma having a very different reaction seemed scummy to me.

Maybe this is all wrong because town!yuma isn't paranoid as me in those situations (come to think of it, he certainly wasn't in GoT), but I don't think it's as ridiculous as yuma makes it sound.

But the part you are leaving out is what I added in italics above...

I was going to add more about this (and a lot to talk about below apparently), but time to watch Buffy with the wife so it will have to wait... Sorry.

What I mean here is that if you add the part there is no problem because I am working with the assumption that Robz is scum and wanting to see how liopoil fits into that assumption.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 20, 2014, 08:52:14 pm »

So, e, you're not willing to vote for Robz, and IIRC not for yuma either ?

Ugh. Not sure how we do this then.

I might vote Robz, but I think Liopoil is scummier between Robz/Lio, and while it is not necessarily town/scum here, I think that if Lio flips scum Robz is much less likely to be scum
Either way, any way, Yuma IS scum. He has to be. He is weirdly and totally uniquely STILL ducking serious involvement in this game. THIS IS NOT TOWN YUMA. This is scum yuma, who has been very very lucky. And has benefited from extreme personalities stealing all the focus, and me sitll being around to distract in the endgame.

Whoever the other town is, there is NO way it is yuma. You must all see that.

You must all see that Robz is just spouting stuff out to show that I am scum without backing up any of it.

As far as I can tell Robz hasn't reread me. He hasn't said how I am acting weird. He has said that I am "ducking" serious involvement in this game which just plain pisses me off! I have had far more involvement in this game today than you have!

So mostly this is just Robz trying to get me lynched today instead of him for the win. I mean he hasn't done anything to actually show why I am mafia.... just said it over and over again. Compare to Chocolate Factory where he put a large amount of effort to show that Teproc and Voltaire were scum (along with saying it over and over again).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs Day 3
« Reply #2024 on: January 20, 2014, 08:54:25 pm »

Deadline: Monday, January 19th at 8 pm

That date is wrong.  January 19 was Sunday, and yesterday.  When is the deadline?

Deadline should be the 26 due to 10 day deadlines:

Days Will last roughly 10 days each and Night will last roughly 2 days.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.