Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202268 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #1950 on: January 20, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »

Oh. Well that's not a scum thing, like at all.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 20, 2014, 01:25:34 pm »

And I'm not getting quickhammered because it could backfire or you big time and I don't need to be quickhammered to win, and it allows you to make this argument.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 20, 2014, 01:28:50 pm »

Wow. I was almost ready to bump this thread.

Yeah. I'm wondering if there's even a small chance of lynching anyone but Robz today.
Liopoil has become a lot more scummy to me. So he's actually moved up to #2 with Teproc at #3 as my top scumreads.

At any rate, it will be good to hear from everyone about the Robz lynch, so when he (most hopefully) flips scum. We'll have more to analyze. And if he flips town, well it won't really matter then.

I am willing to vote for Teproc and Liopoil--but I don't see any interest there right now.
The most important thing is--we need to really, really, make sure that Robz is scum! We can't afford another mislynch. Liopoil seems very confident about this, but how can he be that sure? I think he's bussing, or scum is overjoyed that it looks almost certain that we're going to lynch town!Robz today.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 20, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »

Robz, you do realize the only way you can be quickhammered is if we are both town? it takes 4 to lynch. there are 3 scum. They need a townie to vote for a townie to be able to quickhammer.

Yeah. I'm wondering if there's even a small chance of lynching anyone but Robz today.
Liopoil has become a lot more scummy to me. So he's actually moved up to #2 with Teproc at #3 as my top scumreads.

At any rate, it will be good to hear from everyone about the Robz lynch, so when he (most hopefully) flips scum. We'll have more to analyze. And if he flips town, well it won't really matter then.

I am willing to vote for Teproc and Liopoil--but I don't see any interest there right now.
The most important thing is--we need to really, really, make sure that Robz is scum! We can't afford another mislynch. Liopoil seems very confident about this, but how can he be that sure? I think he's bussing, or scum is overjoyed that it looks almost certain that we're going to lynch town!Robz today.
nevermind, Ichimaru is scummier than teproc, for sure. Robz is still his #1 scumread it seems, if teproc and I are 2 and 3, yet he is clearly trying to lynch teproc or I.

I'm calling it now then, scumteam is Ichimaru Gin, yuma, and robz.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »

Ok.  Robz.  Definitely not my top scum read.

D1 he was big against Liopoil.  However, that got distracted by the whole Faust thing, and then Ashersky D2, and he has never really come back to pressure Lio as that much after D1.  (D1- here, here, here.  D2- here)

Robz also mentions Ichi as super scummy, but basically says he has gotten in the bad habit of letting true newbs avoid much (any) scrutiny D1.  I think that because of his V/LA and other stuff to talk about he never really delved into Ichi much later.  Possibly because we hadn't lynched scum yet.

Robz has had a good bit of V/LA throughout this game, but I just don't see him being super scummy.  I am not sure that I would endorse a Robz lynch. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 20, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »

The thing is, we need all 4 townies to vote for robz if scum doesn't bus. That means we need E and lekkit to get back into this game.

PPE: NOOOOOOOOO

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

So, e, you're not willing to vote for Robz, and IIRC not for yuma either ?

Ugh. Not sure how we do this then.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 20, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »

Uh, I think the case against you, liopoil, is just a bit more sophisticated than that. It's not just that "you're lurking." Lots of people are lurking for various reasons. I've actually had very little time for this game, so.

The case against you is that, well you're low post count and not much content. AND I think this is something scum liopoil does on Day 1. I remember in Toy Story Mafia wishing you could have a little bit more meatier content on Day 1, worrying that you could and should be the obvious lynch on "lynch the lurker whose posts are most strained to be contributions" basis.

Later, I think you did really get into the game and do a great job. And I think as town, even when you are a lurker, it's not quite like this.

This from Robz was very interesting. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 20, 2014, 01:37:48 pm »

I might vote Robz, but I think Liopoil is scummier between Robz/Lio, and while it is not necessarily town/scum here, I think that if Lio flips scum Robz is much less likely to be scum

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:08 pm »

Robz, you do realize the only way you can be quickhammered is if we are both town? it takes 4 to lynch. there are 3 scum. They need a townie to vote for a townie to be able to quickhammer.

Right, which is why you keep calling for our ICs to vote for me now, instead of later.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:38 pm »

How so ? Because he indeed got more active as the game went on ? I think everyone does that, by virtue of there being less players, but you might have a point. However, I'm prett sure the other townie is one of {liopoil/Ichimaru}, so I really don't want to lynch either of them today.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: January 20, 2014, 01:39:13 pm »

nevermind, Ichimaru is scummier than teproc, for sure. Robz is still his #1 scumread it seems, if teproc and I are 2 and 3, yet he is clearly trying to lynch teproc or I.

How am I clearly trying to lynch Teproc or you? Robz was my top scumread , but not by much. I haven't voted for anyone yet, but that's cause I don't want a quickhammer--and I think Lekkit and e need to have time to post.
This reeks of misdirection instead of actually addressing the points I made against you.
1. that you seem overly sure that Robz is scum
2. that it seemed that you were pushing for a quick lynch earlier today.

You are now my top scumread.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: January 20, 2014, 01:41:44 pm »

I might vote Robz, but I think Liopoil is scummier between Robz/Lio, and while it is not necessarily town/scum here, I think that if Lio flips scum Robz is much less likely to be scum

Well, if lio doesn't flip scum, it wouldn't matter... that would be game over.

I do think there is some unfortunate chance lio is the other townie... that would actually make some weird degree of sense, really, since the battle is like entirely between us.

Either way, any way, Yuma IS scum. He has to be. He is weirdly and totally uniquely STILL ducking serious involvement in this game. THIS IS NOT TOWN YUMA. This is scum yuma, who has been very very lucky. And has benefited from extreme personalities stealing all the focus, and me sitll being around to distract in the endgame.

Whoever the other town is, there is NO way it is yuma. You must all see that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: January 20, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »

Well, I do agree that yuma is scum, but we run into the same problem that e doesn't really like his lynch either.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: January 20, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »

How am I clearly trying to lynch Teproc or you? Robz was my top scumread , but not by much. I haven't voted for anyone yet, but that's cause I don't want a quickhammer--and I think Lekkit and e need to have time to post.
This reeks of misdirection instead of actually addressing the points I made against you.

You say you are willing to vote for me or teproc, and don't even mention robz as a scumread. You are urging people to be cautious about robz, because you just need 1 townie to vote for a townie and you win.

as for those two things:
1: he is obvscum, so I yes, I am pretty sure he is scum.
2: I thought this would be clear to everyone and we would all agree to lynch robz pretty quickly and have not need to spend time laboring over this. As scum why would I ever do that out loud, why in the world would ICs listen to me who objectively has a 3/5 chance of being scum. No, I doubted convincing was neccessary, hence why I didn't make a case. Maybe I will now though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: January 20, 2014, 01:50:29 pm »

Liopoil you are wrong!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 20, 2014, 01:50:44 pm »

And I'm starting to think you might be the other townie...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 20, 2014, 01:51:23 pm »

Well, I do agree that yuma is scum, but we run into the same problem that e doesn't really like his lynch either.

Yeah, well I don't always have the best reads (more the opposite).  And if I eventually am convinced that Robz is town, then I really think that Yuma might in fact be scum

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 20, 2014, 01:52:33 pm »

Yeah, well I don't always have the best reads (more the opposite).  And if I eventually am convinced that Robz is town, then I really think that Yuma might in fact be scum

^Yes! Yes! This IS indeed the case. Help me convince lio or Teproc. Ichi is definitely a yuma partner. The third could be either.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 20, 2014, 01:59:57 pm »

You say you are willing to vote for me or teproc, and don't even mention robz as a scumread. You are urging people to be cautious about robz, because you just need 1 townie to vote for a townie and you win.

as for those two things:
1: he is obvscum, so I yes, I am pretty sure he is scum.
2: I thought this would be clear to everyone and we would all agree to lynch robz pretty quickly and have not need to spend time laboring over this. As scum why would I ever do that out loud, why in the world would ICs listen to me who objectively has a 3/5 chance of being scum. No, I doubted convincing was neccessary, hence why I didn't make a case. Maybe I will now though.

Though I may have failed to mention Robz in that particular post. I think from my previous posts my opinion was pretty obvious. Perhaps I should have mentioned my reads again.

How is having people be slightly cautious a bad thing in this situation? If you are "100% sure" Robz is scum, then sure, caution on my part looks scummy. But the fact that you are trying to lynch him really quickly--when all we need is one mislynch for town to lose, it just looks a little reckless to me.
I think Robz is pretty scummy as well. And I'm fine with him being the lynch today.
My point was that town has not hit a single scum yet. We need to be really sure that the person we're lynching is scum. And I think that means letting our IC's weigh in a little more than they have been. A lot more in Lekkit's case.

Yes, I think I get that you think Robz is really scummy and want to lynch him ASAP. But why such a hurry? Particularly when other players (players that are basically confirmed town) disagree?

PPE: 2

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 20, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »

Liopoil you are wrong!
this really shouldn't be convincing at all to me. It is though.

I'm gonna go make the case on robz. In the meantime, Unvote. It's possible that I've just gotten so hooked on robz being scum that I lost sight of why it is that he's scum. I mean, I have the reasons in my head, but they might not be as strong as I thought.

Also, I don't care if this looks scummy. I'm town, so whatever. If robz really is scum, then no harm done, I'll be revoting for him shortly. If he is somehow town, then this is definitely the right thing to do.

PPE: You're fine with robz being the lynch today even though I'm your top scumread now? if getting it right is so important (it is) then shouldn't you be only okay with me being the lynch?

again, not trying to lynch robz ASAP, trying to lynch robz. I get how my posts look like that, but no, lynching robz is the only goal. I've recinded some of my previous comments. Also not 100% sure, 95%+ sure. We're not going to be nearly certain who we lynch. That's just not possible. no amount of analysis and posts is going to give us that. I voted for robz because I didn't see myself ever changing my mind about him being our best lynch today. I'm still pretty sure I'm going to be voting for robz, but I'm taking another look.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs Day 3
« Reply #1971 on: January 20, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »

Deadline: Monday, January 19th at 8 pm

That date is wrong.  January 19 was Sunday, and yesterday.  When is the deadline?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 20, 2014, 02:11:53 pm »

From this:
Liopoil is doing scum endgame tactics.

To this:
in the space of just over half an hour.

Deadline: Monday, January 19th at 8 pm

That date is wrong.  January 19 was Sunday, and yesterday.  When is the deadline?
oh shoot.

okay, going to read robz, for real now...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 20, 2014, 02:15:55 pm »

From this:
Liopoil is doing scum endgame tactics.

To this:
in the space of just over half an hour.

I don't see that as a problem.  In fact, I see that coming from town more than scum.  Scum already know who they want to lynch.  Town are still trying to figure out who is scum.  Robz has been V/LA, and not giving a whole lot of thought to this game while on national TV and such.  I think this is more of he is getting back involved, initial reaction was that you are scum, then as he thinks more and gets more reactions thinks you are town.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 20, 2014, 02:17:15 pm »

oh yeah, I wasn't saying that was a reason to suspect him.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.