Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202227 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #1650 on: January 08, 2014, 04:36:47 pm »

That's what I was thinking about as well, but I guess we can just come back to that if Robz or yuma flips scum at some point.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 08, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »

Oh, but, so, scum probably just have to have fake claims, or else what would they do in this position? They would have to probably just pick obscure Wu and Shu generals that were unlikely to get assigned to real townies, and if that's the case we can catch them on mass flavor claim, they are just the most obscure ones.*

*Well, not exactly, because I'd be the judge of obscurity, and I'm not an IC to the rest of you.

I mean, on the off chance this is the case, we should just straight-up flavor claim, as I advocated on Day 1. Like I said then, I doubt it will help, but I can't imagine a scenario where it hurts.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:31 pm »

I'm fine with this but I guess I'll wait to see what the psuedo-ICs have to say about it. It seems pretty clear that flavour is not indicative of PRness, so it's fine.

The only downside is the whole "announce who I'm targeting through my flavor name" thing, but is there any PR left that it would be relevant for ? Jailkeeper maybe ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 08, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

Peak of the D1 lio wagon, fyi:

Vote Count 1.9

很有意思

2.7... (2): Teproc, yuma
faust (1): ashersky
mail-mi (1): Voltaire
Voltaire (2): mail-mi, Lekkit
liopoil (5): Robz888, Eeveechairs, faust, Ichimaru Gin {L-2}

Not Voting (2):liopoil, 2.7....

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December, 19 at 2:00 p.m. Forum time.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 08, 2014, 05:13:39 pm »

I mean, on the off chance this is the case, we should just straight-up flavor claim, as I advocated on Day 1. Like I said then, I doubt it will help, but I can't imagine a scenario where it hurts.
I thought they likely indirectly indicated role?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 08, 2014, 05:14:08 pm »

does lekkit's role indicate hider?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 08, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »

Robz said that, so far, they haven't been indicative (chairs was the example I think).

Now trusting Robz might be dangerous, but it was pretty much the conclusion we came to at the end of the day 1 conversation anyway, right ? I also don't think Robz would outright lie about the flavor, seems a little dangerous if someone decides to suddenly do a bit of research.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 08, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

I do not think that flavor has direct correlation to role.  I think it has a direct correlation to alignment.  Claiming army is also useless.  Flip a coin, oh I am Wu (or Shu).  If we are serious about claiming flavor we should actually claim flavor.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 08, 2014, 05:26:40 pm »

I thought they likely indirectly indicated role?

I think at this point it's not possible to tell whether they very very very inidrectly indicate role, or not at all.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 08, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »

does lekkit's role indicate hider?

I don't know, he hasn't said his flavor name.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 08, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

I'm Xiaqiao. Town Hider. I've hid behind 2.7 and Voltaire. In that order. They are both town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 08, 2014, 05:36:00 pm »

vote: mail-mi

It's worth noting that lio and Teproc have had big wagons run up on them. Of our 6 lynch candidates, that's 2. Makes it decent odds that we ran up a wagon on scum at one point. Still want feedback on what everyone things about Teproc having been the alternative to ash and what that says about his alignment.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 08, 2014, 05:38:51 pm »

It's worth noting that lio and Teproc have had big wagons run up on them. Of our 6 lynch candidates, that's 2. Makes it decent odds that we ran up a wagon on scum at one point. Still want feedback on what everyone things about Teproc having been the alternative to ash and what that says about his alignment.
is there a connection between the vote on mail-mi and the text? what's the reason for the vote?

I don't think Teproc being the alternative to ash speaks to his alignment. When things like that do speak to someone's alignment, it's usually because their scumbuddies pushed the other wagon through. In this case, I know I heavily supported the ash wagon, and so did voltaire, who is probably town too. So I don't think it means much.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:45 pm »

is there a connection between the vote on mail-mi and the text? what's the reason for the vote?

I don't think Teproc being the alternative to ash speaks to his alignment. When things like that do speak to someone's alignment, it's usually because their scumbuddies pushed the other wagon through. In this case, I know I heavily supported the ash wagon, and so did voltaire, who is probably town too. So I don't think it means much.

No, they're not related. As far as the ash wagon goes, of course it had town on it! There are only three scum in this game. So what do you think about it? Can we learn anything about Teproc's alignment?

Basically, I am noticing lio buddying me. That is not necessarily a scum tell. But I want to get this lynch right because it put us back in the game and scum has got to be just gut-punched by this turn of events.

Day 2 Final Vote Count
ashersky (6): Robz, Voltaire, Lekkit, Liopoil, 2.71828, ashersky
Teproc (4): Ichimaru Gin, chairs, mail-mi, yuma

Not Voting (1): teproc

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 08, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »

Robz has been doing this to me, too. Red flags have been going off ever since

2) protects teproc, who I believe is town
Trust me, I've noticed Robz being reasonable and helpful. I'm wondering now. But I want your flip first.

I can say the same about you, though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: January 08, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »

As far as the ash wagon goes, of course it had town on it! There are only three scum in this game. So what do you think about it? Can we learn anything about Teproc's alignment?

Basically, I am noticing lio buddying me. That is not necessarily a scum tell. But I want to get this lynch right because it put us back in the game and scum has got to be just gut-punched by this turn of events.

Day 2 Final Vote Count
ashersky (6): Robz, Voltaire, Lekkit, Liopoil, 2.71828, ashersky
Teproc (4): Ichimaru Gin, chairs, mail-mi, yuma

Not Voting (1): teproc
buddying? what, you mean the thing about POE? :P

Well, looking at the ash wagon there... I'm town, ash is town, Voltaire, e, and lekkit are probably all town, so really, are you saying that Teproc is scummy for being the other wagon than the one which scum!robz pushed? let's just lynch robz then!

So no, I still don't think it speaks to his alignment, because the only way that it might implicate him is if scum!robz pushed the ash wagon to save Teproc. And really, robz was on the ash wagon before the Teproc wagon, right?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 08, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »

So no, I still don't think it speaks to his alignment, because the only way that it might implicate him is if scum!robz pushed the ash wagon to save Teproc. And really, robz was on the ash wagon before the Teproc wagon, right?

Yup.

So doesn't that mean Teproc is probably town from your point of view? Because scum didn't need to drive another wagon, they could let those two sit and whichever it was was fine with them. And those two wagons did percolate for an awfully long time.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 08, 2014, 05:55:17 pm »

buddying? what, you mean the thing about POE? :P

You've defended me all game. If you're scum, it was for town cred. If you're town, it's because you have a good read.

Really I'm just darn excited by how well we seem to be doing now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 08, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

Day 1 Final Vote Count
2.7... (1): Robz
Eevee (3):  2.7..., faust, Teproc
liopoil (1): chairs
faust (7): ashersky, Lekkit, liopoil, Ichimaru Gin, yuma, Eevee, mail-mi

Also lio, if you're town, this means that mail-mi is the only possible scum who could have received a vote in the final tally. What do you think about that?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 08, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »

I'm Xiaqiao. Town Hider. I've hid behind 2.7 and Voltaire. In that order. They are both town.

My mistake. Xiao Qiao is the wife of Zhou Yu, who is Commander-in-Chief of the Wu forces. Her twin sister is Da Qiao. They are known througout the land for their beauty.

Xiao Qiao knew Cao Cao, evil ruler of Wei, when they were both children. Legend states that he was still in love with her, and wished to take her and her sister back to his city after the battle, and put lock them inside a tower.

In the novel, Zhuge Liang, the Shu strategist, tricked Zhou Yu into supporting the war against Cao Cao by telling him that Cao Cao desired his wife, Xiao Qiao. From that moment on, Zhou Yu sweared that either he would die, or Cao Cao would die.

I'm not sure I see Hider in there anyway, but Xiao Qiao is more a Hider than a Role Cop or something, I guess.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 08, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »

Robz has been doing this to me, too. Red flags have been going off ever since

2) protects teproc, who I believe is town
Trust me, I've noticed Robz being reasonable and helpful. I'm wondering now. But I want your flip first.

I can say the same about you, though.

What have I been doing to you?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:06 pm »

Buddying while setting yourself up to have a scum read on me if I ever have a scum read on you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:27 pm »

Oh, well yeah, I had a town read on you. Should I pretend to have an incorrect scumread next time?

Yup.

So doesn't that mean Teproc is probably town from your point of view? Because scum didn't need to drive another wagon, they could let those two sit and whichever it was was fine with them. And those two wagons did percolate for an awfully long time.
Oh I didn't think about that at all. wow. yeah, if teproc is scum, that means that at least one of his buddies voted for him yesterday.  Which is pretty plausible I guess, but if it's just one buddy then robz must be scum. Otherwise he has two buddies voting for him. So nevermind, that is pretty big. Town points for Teproc for sure [/buddy]

Day 1 Final Vote Count
2.7... (1): Robz
Eevee (3):  2.7..., faust, Teproc
liopoil (1): chairs
faust (7): ashersky, Lekkit, liopoil, Ichimaru Gin, yuma, Eevee, mail-mi

Also lio, if you're town, this means that mail-mi is the only possible scum who could have received a vote in the final tally. What do you think about that?
It makes me think that we were really bad at this game D1. I think it's possible that we could have only voted for town. Plus, there's a very fair chance that mail-mi is scum.

Vote: Robz I think. If he isn't scum then the ash wagon was pure town, which seems less likely. Also, robz always correctly identifies town!ash (slight exaggeration). But the main reason is the stuff from prior days which hasn't gone away. And gut/POE

So scum to town of my lynchpool:

Robz
mail-mi
yuma: null
Ichimaru Gin
Teproc: He must have been bussed twice if scum and robz town. That's huge.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:52 pm »

Oh and voltaire, you didn't answer what the reason for the mail-mi vote is.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 08, 2014, 06:08:45 pm »

Buddying while setting yourself up to have a scum read on me if I ever have a scum read on you.

I think that's what you've done to me. I didn't "set myself up" to do anything.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.