Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202162 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #1575 on: January 07, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »

"the best mislynch" ? Isn't that something that faust said, rather than 2.7 ? And yeah, he's relatively new, this is his third game I believe, the second one still ongoing. Same for me in that regard.

No, you're right, it was Faust that said that.

Rereading. Now I see that some of e's scumminess came from him taking credit for Eevee's death.

This

2.7 : Flavour claims too early, which I don't like at all. Same question as for ashersky as far as his flavour goes. What really gets me is the faust vote. I have a votes summary whrere I write down reasons, and here I wrote "Unclear why". That's already bad, but there were plenty of those in this game (looking at you, Voltaire). The problem is he then acts as if he had built an incredibly strong case on faust, so much so that he wants everyone to respond to it. There's nothing to respond too ! All you have is "I can't shake the feeling faust is scum." That's fine, but it's not actually a case. Which is exactly his objection to faust's case on ash. So yeah.

Actually, I've talked myself into a vote: 2.7 here. Summaries are scumhuntaries !

And This
I'm caught up, but I don't have like thoughts about anything.
I feel a lot like this right now. I have been super quiet, and I apologize. I will look to post a lot more in the coming days, but have been busy with work doing a bunch of short trips that take me away from my computer. I mean there was the whole claim thing (which I was right about, even if you do not think I should have claimed when I did) then we all kinds of for to a point of "let's not talk about this anymore" then the chairs thing, but not much else. I am pretty busy tonight and tomorrow but I will put some real effort into getting some reads Sunday. But I just feel as if there isn't a whole lot to go off of.

I guess I should do a random drawing them just tunnel the person I draw if nothing else happens.

(For the sake of clarity, that was a joke)
This was before Yuma's post count and calling me out on it.  I guess I sort of followed my joke about picking someone to tunnel, but varied from the joke in that it was not a random "draw out of the hat" tunnel.  It was because in my reread he was the one who came up scummiest.  And we had to start somewhere

Does this feel like an attempt to justify behavior by manipulating his own quote to make it look like something that it wasn't originally?

When I first saw the quote he is presenting I thought it was a sarcastic rewrite--and valid  rewrite--of Robz's post saying basically that "there wasn't anything to comment on except for a whole bunch of stuff... I mean he even calls it a joke in that post

But now 2.7 is saying that it was a post that he wrote showing that he wasn't posting very much and that it woke him up, not my post count saying that he wasn't posting much...

This looks like a stretch to me. a scummy stretch vote: 2.7

These I think are some of relevant posts in the e case. Does anyone know when mcmc will be back?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 07, 2014, 07:34:33 pm »

I'm Xiaqiao. Town Hider. I've hid behind 2.7 and Voltaire. In that order. They are both town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 07, 2014, 07:38:04 pm »

Interesting.

I'm inclined to believe the claim. Scum could do it for credit (they know who's town and who's not so it's pretty easy) but that creates too many ICs for scum to be comfortable if the scum is believed. That's my first reaction at least.

Besides, this is such an awesome claim if it's true, as it narrows down our lynch pool considerably.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 07, 2014, 07:44:34 pm »

fabulous, I believe it. let's not lynch any of those three.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 07, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »

Mod error has infact occured.

Ashersky was Zhang Fei, a Vanilla Townie

He was not Zhuge Liang.
I apologize for the mistake. I have a huge list of available flavor names for this battle, for when I was working out what flavor would be in the game, I simply transferred my notes wrong from the Qt.
I am not confirming whether Zhuge Liang has or has not been assigned to anyone, he was simply at the battle and therefor an available flavor name.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:58:43 pm by mcmcsalot »
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 07, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »

I'm going to bed now. I'll be back tomorrow as I have two days off!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 07, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »

I'm Xiaqiao. Town Hider. I've hid behind 2.7 and Voltaire. In that order. They are both town.

Complete belief of this claim. Why, as scum, take two likely lynch candidates off the table? Only if one is your partner, I guess. I know I'm town, so I find this quite unlikely.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:17 pm »

Okay. Between this and mod error, I think e is town now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:11 pm »

I actually believe this claim.  As I was writing out my post about the possibility of scum fake-claiming I realized that this is absolutely the only role that town could have any useful information from.  The way in which Lekkit claimed also seems towny to me.

So my lynch pool for today is now out of the following people (3 of whom I believe to be scum):

Robz888
mail-mi
Yuma
Ichimaru Gin
Liopoil
Teproc
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 07, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »

Well if either/both 2.7 or Voltaire are town--I can see how the claim would look very legitimate from their point of view.
I think I believe Lekkit, as I felt somewhat townie on both of them anyway. Particularly now that the flavor thing has been resolved.
However, I can also see scum playing the angle of making a claim that appears to make things a lot easier for town--especially with how up in the air everything has been. This also has the benefit of scum outing themselves from the lynch pool.
It could be a Lekkit + 2.7/Voltaire scumteam, but I'm not really thinking so right now.

So assuming Lekkit's claim is true, my lynch pool is now.

Robz

mail-mi

Yuma

Liopoil

Teproc

I felt Lekkit was pretty scummy before his claim though, so not completely sold. If it is true though, it effectively cuts the lynch pool down to 6 total, 5 for each player. That's like a 33% decrease in the size of the lynch pool. So if there are 3 scum, our odds are now about 50% of hitting them. So this effectively increases our odds of lynching scum by 17%.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 08, 2014, 12:06:50 am »

Yeah, this is awesome. Long-awaited re-read tomorrow I hope?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 08, 2014, 12:09:10 am »

Yeah, this is awesome. Long-awaited re-read tomorrow I hope?
Directed to me I'm guessing?
For sure. It may take me a little while, but if Lekkit is correct, this could put a lot of things in a new light.
I was kinda concerned this day was going to end up like the others, but after this, I don't see that happening.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:09 am »

Actually, directed to myself.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:52 am »

hey voltaire, I think now is the time when POE is useful!

My lynchpool is ichimaru gin, robz, mail-mi, yuma, and Teproc. All the scum are in this group! (most likely). We better not mess this up...

a shame lekkit claimed his flavor name, otherwise he could tell us who he's hiding behind by saying "if my flavor name starts with an __ I hide behind __" for every letter, telling us who he hides behind under X.

We've had exactly one claim each day so far.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 08, 2014, 10:41:10 am »

POE is always useful.  :P

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: January 08, 2014, 10:42:32 am »

POE is always useful.  :P
yes, I know you think that, but this time I agree with you!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:40 am »

Here come the summary posts! Green = conf. town, orange = I am treating as town for now.

Voltaire, Robz888, mail-mi, Chairs, Ashersky, Yuma, Ichimaru Gin, Lekkit, Liopoil, Teproc, 2.7, Eevee, Faust

Day 1 Final Vote Count
2.7... (1): Robz
Eevee (3):  2.7..., faust, Teproc
liopoil (1): chairs
faust (7): ashersky, Lekkit, liopoil, Ichimaru Gin, yuma, Eevee, mail-mi
mail-mi (1): Voltaire

Day 2 Final Vote Count
ashersky (6): Robz, Voltaire, Lekkit, Liopoil, 2.71828, ashersky
Teproc (4): Ichimaru Gin, chairs, mail-mi, yuma

Not Voting (1): teproc

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 08, 2014, 11:16:23 am »

Assuming all claims are true:

Mafia has either:
TTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT
TT = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT
0 Ts = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT

We can be virtually certain mafia has a JOAT.

Hiding is resolved 2nd in the resolution, so there is no way for mafia to toy with hiding. If Lekkit is telling the truth, e and I have to both be conf. town. There's no scenario where Lekkit is town, I am town, and e is scum, for example. Lekkit could be fake-claiming, but if he is, he picked at least one town member to clear (myself). Still haven't re-read yet, but I don't see why mafia would claim to take a lynch candidate off the table. Basically, I think that Lekkit and e have to be of the same alignment and I currently think that alignment is town.

I am toying with mass claiming. Any thoughts?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 08, 2014, 11:23:50 am »

This [faust] wagon has three phases:
Phase 1: pre-claim.  Ashersky, 2.7, and Lekkit are the only three who vote Faust at this time.

Just pointing things out as I find them. Looks like scum did not jump over faust early. Not sure what that means, but worth noting.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:16 am »

I don't necessarily think claiming will do us too much good.  I actually think that it is very likely that Lekkit was our last PR and that we are dealing with 2 goons and a JOAT (which doesn't do scum any good so in essence another goon)

If one more person claims PR, then I think we need a mass claim, but other than that I don't think we should out the other possible PRs that we have (however unlikely it is that we have more PRs.  No results from N1 or N2 until Lekkit claimed.  I mean, we might have a doctor or something, but I don't think it would be useful for a doctor to claim unless brought to L-1 (and then in that case we would want the next claim as well)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 08, 2014, 11:27:34 am »

What was the other wagon at the time ? liopoil right ? Maybe that's where they were. Looking at my lynch pool, I'm reminded Robz pushed the "partner defense" of Ichimaru, and it was already somewhat weird that he didn't find him scummy for playing up the newb card day 1. I think looking at scumteams can actually be viable with such a small lynch pool (with so many scum in it), but I'll need to reread to see if that particular one holds up.

Trying to think about what a massclaim would do right now, but the setup makes it hard to know what we should do.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 08, 2014, 11:29:27 am »

Why couldn't Lekkit pick his two partners in a fakeclaim ?

Massclaiming seems... interesting. We know (assuming we believe Lekkit's claim) this about the setup : IHRXXXX. Serial Killer looks very unlikely, so we're either dealing with 4,2 or 0 Ts. 0 Ts is pretty crazy probability wise, so probably 4 or 2 Ts. If it's 4, there are no other PRs, if it's 2 we still have two.

Problem is, mafia knows better than us. Assuming we don't have a Serial Killer, if they don't have a Bus Driver, they know they can fakeclaim whatever the hell they want. So massclaiming might be dangerous.

By the way, could a Bus Driver mess with Lekkit's hiding without him knowing ?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 08, 2014, 11:31:07 am »

Why couldn't Lekkit pick his two partners in a fakeclaim ?

Because I'm town, so I know he didn't. I know you can't know that, but I can. That's why I'm not even considering it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 08, 2014, 11:31:53 am »

Quote from: mafiascum
Order of operations for night resolution is as follows:
Commuting
Hiding
Bus Driving
Jailkeeping / Roleblocking
Protecting
Killing
Investigating

So bus driving does not mess up hiding

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 08, 2014, 11:31:59 am »

By the way, could a Bus Driver mess with Lekkit's hiding without him knowing ?

No.

Order of operations for night resolution is as follows:
Commuting
Hiding
Bus Driving
Jailkeeping / Roleblocking
Protecting
Killing
Investigating
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.