Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202017 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #1500 on: January 05, 2014, 10:49:49 am »

Day 3 Start

Chairs has been killed in the night, he was Pang Tong, the Town Tracker

Day 3 will last ten days and end on January 15th at 8pm.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs Day 3
« Reply #1501 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:44 am »

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (9): teproc, Robz, Voltaire, Lekkit, Liopoil, 2.71828, Ichimaru Gin, mail-mi, yuma

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday, January 15th at 8 pm
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 05, 2014, 10:56:01 am »

so frustrating. D1 mislynch because of town fakeclaim, D2 mislynch because ridiculous town play + self-hammer.

oh, and two town PRs dead in two nights.

what we know about the setup: I-R-?-?-?-?-?. so nothing useful.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 05, 2014, 11:38:03 am »

It was ridiculous town play, but I still think the ash lynch was scummy. Looking at the final vote counts both days :

Day 1 :

faust (7): ashersky, Lekkit, liopoil, Ichimaru, yuma, Eevee, mail-mi
Eevee (3): 2.7, faust, Teproc
2.7 (1): Robz
liopoil (1): chairs
mail-mi (1): Voltaire

Day 2 :

ashersky (6): Robz, Voltaire, Lekkit, liopoil, 2.7, ashersky
Teproc (4): Ichimaru, chairs, mail-mi, yuma

Not Voting (1): Teproc

So Lekkit and liopoil are the only ones to be on-wagon for both mislynches, although 2.7 was also on mislynch wagons on both days. I also happen to know that Ichimaru, mail-mi and yuma would fit that bill as well, but of course you guys don't.
Meanwhile I'm the only one off-wagon both times, whatever you might think that means.

This means that I will be looking at Lekkit and liopoil first today. Mislynching twice doesn't make them scum of course, but it deserves scrutiny.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 05, 2014, 11:45:53 am »

I think these are the kinds of lynches that draw town in, and that scum are more likely to be off-wagon than they would normally because the wagon doesn't really need help to go through. Does this make the people off wagon more suspicious? No, but it lessens the amount that  being on wagon is scummy.

Just being on/off wagon doesn't mean much either, everyone had their own route that they came to that vote. And then for the off wagon people, many of them at one point voted for the player who ended up getting lynched.

and to the same extent that people who are on wagon are scummy, the people who were the alternative wagons are slightly scummy, because if they are scum then they and their buddies want to push the other wagon through. So that makes teproc and eevee look bad, except that eevee is dead town so we know this isn't terribly accurate.

For the most part I don't like just looking at wagons for catching scum. looking at the roles specific players played in getting the lynch that happened to happen, sure.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:03 pm »

If we mislynch today, tomorrow is mylo, btw.

Meanwhile I'm the only one off-wagon both times, whatever you might think that means.

I think that means that you're scummier. Staying off the easy mislyches and holding back your vote from any wagon (day 2) is scummy because you, as scum, want to be "safe" and stay off mislynches.. So vote: teproc
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 05, 2014, 03:19:37 pm »

Sure. I didn't vote late into day 2 because the options were ash or me and I thought ash was town. It was also to late to launch another wagon, as ash was obviously getting lynched by the end.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 05, 2014, 09:42:48 pm »

It was ridiculous town play, but I still think the ash lynch was scummy. Looking at the final vote counts both days :

Day 1 :

faust (7): ashersky, Lekkit, liopoil, Ichimaru, yuma, Eevee, mail-mi
Eevee (3): 2.7, faust, Teproc
2.7 (1): Robz
liopoil (1): chairs
mail-mi (1): Voltaire

Day 2 :

ashersky (6): Robz, Voltaire, Lekkit, liopoil, 2.7, ashersky
Teproc (4): Ichimaru, chairs, mail-mi, yuma

Not Voting (1): Teproc

So Lekkit and liopoil are the only ones to be on-wagon for both mislynches, although 2.7 was also on mislynch wagons on both days. I also happen to know that Ichimaru, mail-mi and yuma would fit that bill as well, but of course you guys don't.

This means that I will be looking at Lekkit and liopoil first today. Mislynching twice doesn't make them scum of course, but it deserves scrutiny.

so everyone is scummy except for you, robz and voltaire? You kinda paint with a wide brush here saying that lekkit, liopoil, 2.7, ichimaru, mail-mi and yuma are all suspicious just based off the vote counts...

But I am with lio on this point. You have to look at the context of where people are on the wagons and how they contributed to it....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 05, 2014, 09:48:41 pm »

Post count - old post count for reference:

1. Voltaire - 203
2. Robz888 - 154
3. mail-mi - 67
6. Yuma - 128
7. Ichimaru Gin -
8. Lekkit - 46
9. Liopoil - 111
10. Teproc - 128
11. 2.7 - 184

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:48 pm »

1. Voltaire - 203
2. Robz888 - 154
3. mail-mi - 67
6. Yuma - 128
7. Ichimaru Gin -
8. Lekkit - 46
9. Liopoil - 111
10. Teproc - 128
11. 2.7 - 184

Hm. Everybody looks about normal to me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 05, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »

ugh.  6 town to 3 scum.  I believe we have either 1 or 3 town PRs left, but I do not want any claims unless there is some super indicting evidence.  (basically I am ruling out the rolls where SK is involved.  A single NK both nights makes me think no SK, and with 2 confirmed PRs that means that we have either 3,5, or 7 town PRs.  I think it is most likely 1, but could very well be 3 left.)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:42 pm »

but we need to be real careful with our votes.  2 town+3 scum=lynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 05, 2014, 10:21:26 pm »

7. Ichimaru Gin -

?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24:32 pm »

1. Voltaire - 203
2. Robz888 - 154
3. mail-mi - 67
6. Yuma - 128
7. Ichimaru Gin - 69
8. Lekkit - 46
9. Liopoil - 111
10. Teproc - 128
11. 2.7 - 184

FTFY

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 05, 2014, 10:34:49 pm »

7. Ichimaru Gin -

?

sorry. I search via "goko username: xxxx" and since you don't have one I skipped you and forgot to go back to it. 2.7 fixed it for me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: January 05, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »

7. Ichimaru Gin -

?

sorry. I search via "goko username: xxxx" and since you don't have one I skipped you and forgot to go back to it. 2.7 fixed it for me.

yeah.  you can search "ambassador" since Ichimaru is the only one with that status. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:18 am »

so everyone is scummy except for you, robz and voltaire? You kinda paint with a wide brush here saying that lekkit, liopoil, 2.7, ichimaru, mail-mi and yuma are all suspicious just based off the vote counts...

But I am with lio on this point. You have to look at the context of where people are on the wagons and how they contributed to it....

Yeah, that's definitely what I said. Definitely.

I didn't offer any analysis out of the fact that I'm the only one off-wagon both times because it is rather pointless to analyse my own voting record. Basically I just decided to look at wagons to know who I would prioritize in my rereads. If you actually took the time to read my post, you'd notice I didn't say people were suspicious for being on mislynched twice... I just stated a fact. Now you might attack me for info instead of analysis, but this ? I don't get it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 06, 2014, 11:34:45 am »

Robz, do the flavor names we've gotten from flips so far confirm that flavor isn't indicative of PRness ?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46:52 am »

My energy for this game is going to increase when my other ongoing game finishes, I promise. Top scum reads right now are...oh god, everyone.  :(

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 06, 2014, 11:54:52 am »

My energy for this game is going to increase when my other ongoing game finishes, I promise. Top scum reads right now are...oh god, everyone.  :(

and you have a 3/8 (32.5%) chance of being correct!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 06, 2014, 11:55:45 am »

and you have a 3/8 (37.5%) chance of being correct!

oh my.  i totally messed that percentage up

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 06, 2014, 11:57:03 am »

That's assuming he isn't scum. Do you know something we don't, e ?

*THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SARCASM*

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 06, 2014, 12:08:15 pm »

That's assuming he isn't scum. Do you know something we don't, e ?

*THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SARCASM*

Well, I [sarcasm]know[/sarcasm] you have a 2/8 shot of hitting scum

vote: teproc  (not bolded, not a real vote....yet.)

newbie Ichimaru caught scum.  And our dead town tracker voted you.  Your response was very, "oh, nice.  The new guy has a case against me.  Here is my very civil response with an unvote to boot.  Hopefully this little case disappears"

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:04 pm »

So you think I unvoted because I was scared Ichimaru's post would unleash a wagon on me ? If I'm not mistaken, his vote on me was the first, right ? So why would I be scared at that point ?

I unvoted because I thought Ichimaru's reasoning was townie, though wrong. I find it interesting that you're now convinced by it, given that you found my hedging town towards the end of day 1 (something like "town is scared of mislynching, wants to mull things over"). I guess that only applied because it was you I was having second thoughts about then ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 06, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

Also, chairs voted for me, yes. So ? If you want to go down that road, ash apparently thought I was town !

Here's a hint : being town doesn't make you right. In fact, it's a lot easier for scum to be right. The only people who know my alignment are scum and myself.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.