Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202190 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #1350 on: December 30, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »

2.7, you have Robz's "nobody say anything about the setup !" moment listed in the scummy things he's done. I actually think it's a pretty townie thing to do, so I'm interested in your reasoning here.

Basically scum!robz knows that Faust is town.  So scum!robz has no reason to disbelieve the claim at all.  However, it is within the realm of possibility that Faust would either misremember is PM or put out some sort of false information in his response which "catches" town!faust.  All the while Robz gets town points with a slim chance that Faust will misstep and give an easy lynch.  As it is, the whole claim was a misstep by Faust, but that is a different matter.  So I wouldn't say it is a "towny" thing to do, but it does not mean it is scummy either.  My scum read on Robz is not one big moment where I went "Aha! Robz is scum" but more of a gradual uneasiness as I reread all his posts.

Seeing my actions in the above light, as an effort to entrap town faust, is ludicrous. If we were lynching based on the most strained case ever, I would vote for you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 30, 2013, 06:50:10 pm »

2.7, you have Robz's "nobody say anything about the setup !" moment listed in the scummy things he's done. I actually think it's a pretty townie thing to do, so I'm interested in your reasoning here.

Basically scum!robz knows that Faust is town.  So scum!robz has no reason to disbelieve the claim at all.

I said this about scum!Voltaire.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 30, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »

ash and voltaire, are you both dead-set on voting for each other or are you considering other options?

If town is dead set on mislynching today, I'll vote for myself.

Otherwise, I think lynching Voltaire is the best move for today.  I would consider Robz, Ichi, or Lekkit if needed.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 30, 2013, 07:16:31 pm »

Basically scum!robz knows that Faust is town.  So scum!robz has no reason to disbelieve the claim at all.

Makes no sense for him either . Or rather, it's just a tautology and you could say his about anyone else as well.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 30, 2013, 07:34:30 pm »

Makes no sense for him either . Or rather, it's just a tautology and you could say his about anyone else as well.

That's unfair, I think.

It is categorically true that scum knows (or thinks it knows) who is scum and who isn't, and so is more likely to believe a town claim than not.

Whether they show that in thread or not is debatable.  They may disbelieve a town claim to try to lynch them, for example.  But it is fair to state that "I think Voltaire is scum, so his reaction to Faust's claim matches up with that."

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 30, 2013, 08:01:13 pm »

That's unfair, I think.

It is categorically true that scum knows (or thinks it knows) who is scum and who isn't, and so is more likely to believe a town claim than not.

Whether they show that in thread or not is debatable.  They may disbelieve a town claim to try to lynch them, for example.  But it is fair to state that "I think Voltaire is scum, so his reaction to Faust's claim matches up with that."

But it's B before A with you and 2.7 here. "I think Robz/Volt is scum, and their reaction to the faust claim fits this no matter what that reaction was."

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:09 pm »

But it's B before A with you and 2.7 here. "I think Robz/Volt is scum, and their reaction to the faust claim fits this no matter what that reaction was."

That's true.  So?

I've always gotten a read/feel on someone, then checked their posts to see if it's right or wrong.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:51 pm »

That's true.  So?

I've always gotten a read/feel on someone, then checked their posts to see if it's right or wrong.

I mean, why else do we re-read people?  Things can be scummy after the fact.  Like, after someone flips, then you see that previous behavior was scummy.  Like here.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 30, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

Otherwise, I think lynching Voltaire is the best move for today.  I would consider Robz, Ichi, or Lekkit if needed.

And see, I hate all of these lynches and think some of them are the "easy" mislynches, so I feel even better about this.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 30, 2013, 10:48:41 pm »

for reference: day1 post count

(quotation is how many from day1, approximately)

1. Voltaire - 183 (160) = 23
2. Robz888 - 140 (115) = 25
3. mail-mi - 60 (51) = 9
4. Chairs - 40 (35) = 5
5. Ashersky - 148 (109) = 39
6. Yuma - 113 (78) = 35
7. Ichimaru Gin 67 (47) = 20
8. Lekkit - 41 (32) = 9
9. Liopoil - 85 (59) = 26
10. Teproc - 118 (107) = 11
11. 2.7 - 169 (149) = 20

Notable is mail-mi, chairs and lekkit all of whom I would kinda expect to be on the lower ends of things, the surprise I think is Teproc who after being quite high Day1 has dropped off dramatically.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 30, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »

for reference: day1 post count

(quotation is how many from day1, approximately)

1. Voltaire - 183 (160) = 23
2. Robz888 - 140 (115) = 25
3. mail-mi - 60 (51) = 9
4. Chairs - 40 (35) = 5
5. Ashersky - 148 (109) = 39
6. Yuma - 113 (78) = 35
7. Ichimaru Gin 67 (47) = 20
8. Lekkit - 41 (32) = 9
9. Liopoil - 85 (59) = 26
10. Teproc - 118 (107) = 11
11. 2.7 - 169 (149) = 20

Notable is mail-mi, chairs and lekkit all of whom I would kinda expect to be on the lower ends of things, the surprise I think is Teproc who after being quite high Day1 has dropped off dramatically.
which is a point against him if it comes to it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 30, 2013, 11:02:51 pm »

Now volt and ash are tunneling heavily against each other but we cannot rule them out as scum partners, as town did in GOT to me and eevee. Even if one of us had gotten lynched, we still probably would have won.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 30, 2013, 11:13:08 pm »

hey look a mail-mi! I would agree with you here...

I was also hoping to hear from chairs tonight. He had hoped that he would have some free time to post.

PS reminder: I am about to start up my on week at work, so no morning, afternoon or late night posting from me.

And I think I am going to unvote. And actually vote for the person who the player I was just voting for is voting for vote: teproc.

Ichimaru's case has some points that are ok and some that aren't, but what struck me was how Teproc responded:

Interesting post by Ichimaru. I do hedge a lot, that's who I am, I'm never sure of anything. I know it's ont good for the game, and I do try to appear more certain than I am (for example, I am certain that pretty much every argument that has been done in the history of mafia can be reduced to WIFOM, because you're never sure scum isn't thinking three steps ahead of you), but I'm apparently failing at that.

That post was very convincing even though it was wrong. Could he have done that as scum ? Maybe. But I don't think so. Unvote

It isn't the same as mail-mi's classic "this is a good case on me" when he was scum in whatever game that was, but it is a cousin of sorts as Teproc basically says that Ichimaru has some valid points. Add to it a subtle hint of buddying by unvoting and ultimately getting a read of town from it...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 30, 2013, 11:27:53 pm »

hey look a mail-mi! I would agree with you here...

I was also hoping to hear from chairs tonight. He had hoped that he would have some free time to post.

PS reminder: I am about to start up my on week at work, so no morning, afternoon or late night posting from me.

And I think I am going to unvote. And actually vote for the person who the player I was just voting for is voting for vote: teproc.

Ichimaru's case has some points that are ok and some that aren't, but what struck me was how Teproc responded:

Interesting post by Ichimaru. I do hedge a lot, that's who I am, I'm never sure of anything. I know it's ont good for the game, and I do try to appear more certain than I am (for example, I am certain that pretty much every argument that has been done in the history of mafia can be reduced to WIFOM, because you're never sure scum isn't thinking three steps ahead of you), but I'm apparently failing at that.

That post was very convincing even though it was wrong. Could he have done that as scum ? Maybe. But I don't think so. Unvote

It isn't the same as mail-mi's classic "this is a good case on me" when he was scum in whatever game that was, but it is a cousin of sorts as Teproc basically says that Ichimaru has some valid points. Add to it a subtle hint of buddying by unvoting and ultimately getting a read of town from it...

That makes sense to me.  vote: teproc.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 30, 2013, 11:34:36 pm »

hey look a mail-mi!

BANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

A wild mail-mi and Teproc appear!

Yuma uses Good Case on Teproc

Mail-mi uses Sheep on Yuma and uses Good Case on Teproc.

Pokemon references aside, I think those are some really good points against teproc and since it looks like e really isn't happening I will vote: teproc

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: December 31, 2013, 10:09:26 am »

See yuma, I'm not a lurker D2, I have the third most posts, V/LA and all (which ends today, but realistically won't really end until the start of tomorrow.) also, you said that the person you just unvoted (me) is voting for who you just voted (teproc) which isn't true.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 31, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

Um, okay ? I thought Ichimaru's post made sense, and it read towny to me, so I unvoted. That's pretty much it.

As for my post count, yeah, I've been unactive today because of vacation and stuff, and that's bad.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 31, 2013, 01:04:27 pm »

See yuma, I'm not a lurker D2, I have the third most posts, V/LA and all (which ends today, but realistically won't really end until the start of tomorrow.) also, you said that the person you just unvoted (me) is voting for who you just voted (teproc) which isn't true.

I think he means Ichimaru, who he was indeed voting for prior to this.

As for Teproc... that's not really a lynch I would be at all excited for.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 31, 2013, 03:58:56 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

ashersky (3): Robz, Voltaire, Liopoil
Robz888 (1): 2.7...
Ichimaru Gin (1): Lekkit
Voltaire (1): ashersky
Teproc (4): Ichimaru Gin, Yuma, chairs, mail-mi

Not Voting (1): teproc

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday, January 2nd at 6 pm. To account for holidays
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 31, 2013, 06:39:57 pm »

I think he means Ichimaru, who he was indeed voting for prior to this.

As for Teproc... that's not really a lynch I would be at all excited for.

Oh right... you only want to lynch ashersky?

Would a vote: robz be better per chance?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 31, 2013, 06:41:09 pm »

and why don't you want to vote for teproc?

the last thing you said about him was:

That leaves... Teproc (didn't like him defending ash, don't remember much else), Lekkit (can't remember a thing about him), and Voltaire (is playing me very well if he's scum, which is probably possible and I should try to think about, but I can't help see him as town for now).

Has something changed?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 31, 2013, 06:49:44 pm »

And see, I hate all of these lynches and think some of them are the "easy" mislynches, so I feel even better about this.

I think the fact that none of my scum reads seem to be able to be lynched and that Voltaire hates them all makes me feel even better about this.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 31, 2013, 07:18:57 pm »

I've been pretty busy with work, not sleeping and doing other stuff (mostly Hearthstone) during what little spare time I've had. I have read everything, though, but not really processed it. I'm doing a gaming marathon today/tomorrow and won't be spending much time here, but I hope I can get going on monday.

Can we get a prod on lekkit again.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 31, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »

Deadline is in like a day.  We need a lynch.

Would the Robz wagon gain steam?  Is no one willing to join me on Voltaire?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 31, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »

For once, I actually have a town read on Robz. So no.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.