Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202030 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #1200 on: December 22, 2013, 10:10:30 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

第二天

2.7... (2): mail-mi, chairs
ashersky (4): Robz, Voltaire, ashersky, yuma {L-2}
chairs (1): 2.7...

Not Voting (4):  Lekkit, Teproc, liopoil, Ichimaru Gin

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Tuesday, December 31st at 6 pm.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 22, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »

lio and 2.7 = asherlynch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 23, 2013, 12:02:01 am »

Well, we need to hear from people who haven't spoken yet. I would be particularly interested to here from chairs, given certain assumptions.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 23, 2013, 12:03:48 am »

you see, I don't want to hammer you, because that would be scummy because I am a target right now.  No, wait.  thats not how it works.  If I DONT hammer you it is scummy because then I am scum trying to get town points for not hammering you when I am a lynch candidate.  But since I know that now, I DO want to hammer you.  Or I don't want to hammer you.  Ichimaru could you could you straighten this out for me?

All joking aside, the reason I did not hammer Faust when I had the opportunity was because (at the time) I believed him to be town.  The reason I am not voting Ash right now is because I lean town on him.  However, as I mentioned, I will policy vote him tomorrow after everyone has at least posted some thoughts unless something changes.  I recognize how voting for yourself might be used as a tactic, but I do not see how it is helpful to us in this game.  If Ash is indeed town, I trust that he will do the right thing and remove his vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 23, 2013, 12:07:44 am »

Don't policy vote him, just vote for who you think is scum.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 23, 2013, 12:15:28 am »

you see, I don't want to hammer you, because that would be scummy because I am a target right now.  No, wait.  thats not how it works.  If I DONT hammer you it is scummy because then I am scum trying to get town points for not hammering you when I am a lynch candidate.  But since I know that now, I DO want to hammer you.  Or I don't want to hammer you.  Ichimaru could you could you straighten this out for me?

All joking aside, the reason I did not hammer Faust when I had the opportunity was because (at the time) I believed him to be town.  The reason I am not voting Ash right now is because I lean town on him.  However, as I mentioned, I will policy vote him tomorrow after everyone has at least posted some thoughts unless something changes.  I recognize how voting for yourself might be used as a tactic, but I do not see how it is helpful to us in this game.  If Ash is indeed town, I trust that he will do the right thing and remove his vote.

I agree it's probably WIFOM. And that's partially why I'm no longer voting you. I think it is important to take people's actions with an open mind--not allowing your previous assumptions that they are town or scum to cloud your analysis--which is probably what I did in this situation. If you believe someone to be of a certain alignment, it is easy to interpret--or misinterpret everything they do to support your position.

I want to hear from the others: Lekkit, chairs, Teproc.
I still oppose an Ash lynch. And I'd like to hear what they think.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 23, 2013, 12:42:01 am »

Agree with this statement.

I think yuma's the only policy voter on my wagon, right?

Robz, I think I answered your questions during your absence.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:36 am »

Agree with this statement.

I think yuma's the only policy voter on my wagon, right?

Robz, I think I answered your questions during your absence.

Yeah, I guess.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2013, 01:25:25 am »

On the phone now. Will post later. I'm actively opposed to a 2.7 lynch. I'm not sure about ash. Chairs being alive is probably not weird. Ichimaru Gin looks like the most opportunistic voter ever. More thoughts as I'll be at a computer in an hour or so.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 23, 2013, 01:55:47 am »

On the phone now. Will post later. I'm actively opposed to a 2.7 lynch. I'm not sure about ash. Chairs being alive is probably not weird. Ichimaru Gin looks like the most opportunistic voter ever. More thoughts as I'll be at a computer in an hour or so.
Well nice to finally hear from you Lekkit. . .
And yup, that's why I put Ash at L-1 ;)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 23, 2013, 02:03:20 am »

Because you're opportunistic? Or because you're opposed to a 2.7 lynch?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: December 23, 2013, 02:07:05 am »

Wait I'm confused now... You didn't put ash at L-1.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: December 23, 2013, 05:20:09 am »

I'm here and caught up. I think the ash wagon is just weird. Robz, if you think ash votes for faust for weak reasons (I agree with that), what's changed ? faust's flip doesn't really change much to me, ash's reasons were already weak then.

Policy voting is not much better than self-voting. We are trying to win this game, future games shouldn't matter.

2.7's post about the Eevee kill was indeed scummy, so I get that wagon. But I think e had the same kind of attitude in Toy Story, which got me (and a lot of people in the speccy) to think he was scum. I'm gonna need to reread e before doing anything.

Right now, my preferred lynch would be Ichimaru. He was out of the lynch pool on day 1, but everything he has done in this game is scum 101. The fact that he's new only makes it more likely to me that he's scum doing these things because he doesn't know how scummy they make him look.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: December 23, 2013, 06:54:36 am »

He didn't, which he's pointing out to say he's not as opportunistic as you say he is.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 23, 2013, 07:18:19 am »

He didn't, which he's pointing out to say he's not as opportunistic as you say he is.

Except you know... That he put 2.7 at L-1.

Vote: Ichimaru Gin

Easily the scummiest player around.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: December 23, 2013, 07:20:34 am »

Also, why do people find 2.7 scummy? I don't really get it. That he didn't hammer faust? That he voted for chairs? The most compelling case against him is that he wasn't posting much until yuma called him out. But I think even that's a pretty weak case.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 23, 2013, 10:03:05 am »

Well, we need to hear from people who haven't spoken yet. I would be particularly interested to here from chairs, given certain assumptions.

I'm not sold on scum!ash.  I agree with ash's argument on scum!lio, and I still get a scum!2.7 vibe.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 23, 2013, 10:24:54 am »

yeah, usually when ashersky does the crazy town!ash thing I get the sense that it's crazy town!ash doing it. Not this time. And robz I think also reads ashersky well, especially when ash is town. I'm ready to vote for ashersky, but it's early in the day, I don't even want to put him at L-2. I don't think everyone has even posted yet, we might have a guilty result on someone or the like.
ash, I know you saw this post, you even responded to it. Don't claim I only decided to do it because you moved your self-vote, that's just not true. This post is while you are self-voting, and e is still at L-3 or something like that.

You said that, but didn't vote.  You voted because of my vote on 2.7, after having voted myself.  That's my point, which you are proving.  You didn't vote me for my self-vote, you used my switch to 2.7 as a reason to vote me right after you said you didn't want to.
only reason I didn't vote you was because that would put you at L-2 on a fast growing wagon. see the above, I'll even requote the relevant bit for you:
I'm ready to vote for ashersky, but it's early in the day, I don't even want to put him at L-2. I don't think everyone has even posted yet, we might have a guilty result on someone or the like.

when you moved your self-vote, suddenly my vote only puts you at L-3.

I mean, it was pretty inevitable that I would vote for you eventually.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 23, 2013, 10:26:43 am »

I agree with ash's argument on scum!lio
whaaaat? I've been just ignoring ash's things he says about me that are scummy because they're silly, but now I see he actually convinced someone?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 23, 2013, 10:33:22 am »

I've had a pretty hectic day at work today so I haven't been able to reread as much as I would've liked. I'll give you my thoughts before I'm off for the holidays.

First off, DON'T LYNCH ANYONE OVER CHRISTMAS. We want as much input as possible before lynching anyone since faust flipping lying town won't help us as much.

And I'll give you my short version of my scummylist.

Ichimaru Gin. very scummy in all. Opportunistic voting, only following other people's cases and not contributing much. Could possibly be due to him being new.

chairs. The fact that he didn't die tonight means basically nothing. But the fact that he hasn't really done anything at all makes him pretty suspicious in my opinion.

ashersky. Does crazy stuff. I tend to lean scummy on him by default. No exception here, but aside from that, I can't really make sense of ash's play at all. Playing against your wincon (selfvoting) is never good, though.

Voltaire. I was pretty suspicious of him earlier, especially since he disappeared at the end of the day and then reappeared closer to the deadline. I've cooled down somewhat here. Especially since a lot of other players seems to think he's towny. And that many players having an expressed town read on someone might mean that I'm wrong.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 23, 2013, 10:39:27 am »

oh yeah.... could scum really have suspected eevee to be a PR more than they suspect chairs to be PR? that makes chairs look pretty bad, actually...

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 23, 2013, 10:47:00 am »

My take on Ichimaru-  We need to decide if his opportunistic voting is newb!scum or newb!town.  Since he is a new player, he may just be excited about trying to lynch someone and could very well be town. However, he could also be scum and not realize how scummy it makes him look.  I just wonder if his scum partner would have warned him about that overnight in their qt as he exhibited the same behaviors on D1.  So I lean a little town on him.  However, he does need more reads than sheep!votes
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 23, 2013, 10:59:04 am »

Ichimaru Gin. very scummy in all. Opportunistic voting, only following other people's cases and not contributing much. Could possibly be due to him being new.
I find it very ironic that you say I am not contributing much.
You lurk most of D1, then show up randomly D2 with a scum-read on me, yet aren't even paying enough attention to catch my sarcasm. I can understand the idea of a chaser-post, pending you're later, slightly more substantial reads list. But it's pretty obvious that you hadn't been following things that closely.

I'm fine with your vote on me. I got a D1 pass, and as such, haven't received my share of suspicion. I'm still learning how to read people's behavior as town or scum. I'll have a reads list up soon.

PPE: 2

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 23, 2013, 11:03:14 am »

oh yeah.... could scum really have suspected eevee to be a PR more than they suspect chairs to be PR? that makes chairs look pretty bad, actually...

Fascinating. That does make me willing to vote for chairs today. I'd prefer ash, but I'd vote for chairs. Of course, this might be what they wanted us to do.

Also, to everyone saying 2.7's post about Eevee is scummy - this is one of those "we call it scummy but scum never does it" things. I did it in GoT and yuma thought I was scummy for it (we were both town). I've seen many people accused of it but never seen them flip scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:16 am »

My take on Ichimaru-  We need to decide if his opportunistic voting is newb!scum or newb!town.  Since he is a new player, he may just be excited about trying to lynch someone and could very well be town. However, he could also be scum and not realize how scummy it makes him look.  I just wonder if his scum partner would have warned him about that overnight in their qt as he exhibited the same behaviors on D1.  So I lean a little town on him.  However, he does need more reads than sheep!votes

It's usually new!town in my experience. It's where I've had the most success (trying to) stop "easy" mislynches.

Of course, mail-mi votes that way even though he's not new. Did mail-mi vote that way when he was new town?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.