Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202067 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #775 on: December 18, 2013, 11:25:11 am »

It's better to lynch than not to lynch. And we can't seem to agree on a lynch.

Strongly agree with this one. I'm willing to move my vote to someone else (Eevee?), because now a Liopoil lynch is looking non-viable to me. Looking at the vote count, it's just kinda strange. There's little mini-cases on like a bunch of people, but nothing that really jumps out to me. It just seems like everyone's heading in their own direction.

PPE: This sounds like a good plan.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 18, 2013, 11:45:53 am »

vote: liopoil >= chairs > Eevee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mail-mi
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 18, 2013, 11:50:53 am »

What about e?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:28 am »

why me over eevee?

actually now that I think about it I'm not seeing why people would think I'm a better lynch than eevee... just because of toy story?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 18, 2013, 11:58:08 am »

ugh, not even sure I like an eevee lynch now... because knowing that I'm town, he could just be in the same boat as me. I'm having trouble seeing how we could lynch scum today. random lynch minus chairs? Not a good idea, but honestly, it's not much worse than what we're doing now.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:17 pm »

Ok.  I am going to do something crazy. 

vote: chairs

Yes, I get that he could be a PR.  I get that.  I saw it as soon as Voltaire mentioned the secret case before he had to explain it to the whole world

But

he could also be scum. (or the SK)

JK9++ could have up to 7(!) town PRs.  that is a lot.  Chairs could also be our only PR.  Or he could be one of many.  We could have a SK.  We might not.  Which is why JK9++ is impossible to "solve" D1.  Which will make it super fun later on, but right now is kind of annoying since we don't know anything.

However, I am looking at viable lynches and who we will actually learn something about going into D2.  We will learn stuff about chairs.  I also think we have the votes to pull it off.

I believe mail-mi, Ashersky, Lekkit, Eevee, myself will all vote chairs.  The interesting thing is that this basically is almost all of everyone's scum reads (except liopoil).  So this is also intriguing if he does flip scum.  Now, if he flips town PR we will all feel bad and have nice little accusations thrown at us.

But the point is, we can learn more from a chairs lynch than any other lynch right now.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:25 pm »

ugh, not even sure I like an eevee lynch now... because knowing that I'm town, he could just be in the same boat as me. I'm having trouble seeing how we could lynch scum today. random lynch minus chairs? Not a good idea, but honestly, it's not much worse than what we're doing now.

I am more or less ok random lynching from within my own narrowed pool. Do you really think everyone but chairs has an equal chance of being scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 18, 2013, 12:03:14 pm »

Ok.  I am going to do something crazy. 

vote: chairs

Yes, I get that he could be a PR.  I get that.  I saw it as soon as Voltaire mentioned the secret case before he had to explain it to the whole world

But

he could also be scum. (or the SK)

JK9++ could have up to 7(!) town PRs.  that is a lot.  Chairs could also be our only PR.  Or he could be one of many.  We could have a SK.  We might not.  Which is why JK9++ is impossible to "solve" D1.  Which will make it super fun later on, but right now is kind of annoying since we don't know anything.

However, I am looking at viable lynches and who we will actually learn something about going into D2.  We will learn stuff about chairs.  I also think we have the votes to pull it off.

I believe mail-mi, Ashersky, Lekkit, Eevee, myself will all vote chairs.  The interesting thing is that this basically is almost all of everyone's scum reads (except liopoil).  So this is also intriguing if he does flip scum.  Now, if he flips town PR we will all feel bad and have nice little accusations thrown at us.

But the point is, we can learn more from a chairs lynch than any other lynch right now.

You are correct, this is crazy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 18, 2013, 12:05:51 pm »

crazy, maybe.  the right move right now?  I think yes. 

Crazy setup=crazy play
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:15 pm »

But what do you think about my case that we can actually learn something from this flip?

I mean, if liopoil or mail-mi or eevee flip scum, great.  If not, we do not learn anything.  At all.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 18, 2013, 12:09:59 pm »

2.7, I'm actually pretty sure I don't want to lynch chairs today. I mean I'd lynch him over you, me, yuma or no lynch, but I'd still prefer another lynch.

Also, Voltaire is totally right that I should switch my vote. Vote: faust

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 18, 2013, 12:13:19 pm »

2.7, I'm actually pretty sure I don't want to lynch chairs today. I mean I'd lynch him over you, me, yuma or no lynch, but I'd still prefer another lynch.

That appears to be another non-viable candidate. Who besides you and ash wants to lynch faust?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »

That appears to be another non-viable candidate. Who besides you and ash wants to lynch faust?
I will join up to lynch faust

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:21 pm »

I don't see how we learn more from a chairs PR than any other. And the fact that every scum read anyone has is ready to vote for chairs is a good thing... why exactly ?

I agree that we won't learn as much from the flips if people go "oh well, might as well lynch Eevee cause why not". But the solution to that is not to lynch chairs, it's to stop with the random votes.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 18, 2013, 12:15:52 pm »

And I will once again throw mail-mi out there. A couple people not voting him have said "yeah, I guess he is/was scummy". Vote him!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 18, 2013, 12:19:46 pm »

I will switch to mail-mi if he looks like he's a more plausible lynch when we get close to the deadline (for reasons stated above), but I would still rather lynch 2.7 at this point.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »

ok.  we have 25 hours and 35 minutes to get a lynch before we time out.

I really don't see much happening.  We have a lot of little factions, but no real wagons.  A lot of people seem slightly scummy, but no one to clearly lynch.  I will leave my vote where it is for now, but am willing to switch it to a useful lynch target but not until people have at least weighed in on my chairs thing.

I will be around all morning tomorrow leading up to the deadline, but will probably not be around very much at all the rest of today except to check in and maybe post late tonight some.  I will make sure that my vote is not wasted, and will assist in a lynch at deadline if we need it.  However, if no lynch happens, I hope that everyone will vote their #1 scum read from D1 (not who you think is a good candidate to lynch so you are voting them) so that we can reference it in later days.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 18, 2013, 12:29:29 pm »

I'll happily lynch Eevee, mail-mi, or liopoil. I would also lynch Lekkit.

I don't think we should lynch chairs today. I see where you are coming from, 2.7, but this sort of thing seems to backfire on town mostly.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 18, 2013, 12:29:54 pm »

I wouldn't worry too much about no lynch. Worst case scenario we have to rush a lynch in the last hour (that would be bad, we still should try to reach a lynch earlier if we can), but we will lynch someone I think.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 18, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »

I'm heading out to watch Desolation of Smaug. I'm not sure I'll be back later tonight. If I'm not I'll be here in something like 15 hours. The downside of being in a different time zone than you americans.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 18, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »

I wouldn't worry too much about no lynch. Worst case scenario we have to rush a lynch in the last hour (that would be bad, we still should try to reach a lynch earlier if we can), but we will lynch someone I think.

This.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 18, 2013, 01:37:46 pm »

Vote Count 1.12

怒而挠之

2.7... (2): Teproc, yuma
mail-mi (2): Voltaire, faust
Eevee (2): Robz888, liopoil
liopoil (4): Eevee,chairs, Ichimaru Gin, mail-mi
chairs (1): 2.7....
faust (2): ashersky, Lekkit

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December, 19 at 2:00 p.m. Forum time.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 18, 2013, 02:36:18 pm »

This.

You all forget the "time to claim at L-1" conundrum.

When 2.7 moves his vote, we will have lio at 4 voted and Faust at 3.  Those will be the leading wagons with a day to go.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 18, 2013, 03:07:09 pm »

Vote: 2.71828.....

Reasons:

I agree with yuma here:
and in his further explanations later.

Also his recent chairs vote, which well, doesn't make much sense from a town standpoint. 1, a chairs lynch is bad 2, chairs isn't suspicious, and 3, there's no way a chairs lynch is happening anyway.

Lastly, it seems that an eevee lynch isn't happening. the other clear options are faust and me, and I don't like either of those options. E now is at 3 votes and I think has a chance of happening, and is suspicious.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 18, 2013, 03:14:28 pm »

3, there's no way a chairs lynch is happening anyway.

Lastly, it seems that an eevee lynch isn't happening. the other clear options are faust and me, and I don't like either of those options. E now is at 3 votes and I think has a chance of happening, and is suspicious.

I am very, very tempted to vote for e, but the one thing holding me back is your 3. Why would e, as scum, do something as suspicious/crazy as vote for chairs (even if that's good for scum) when it's clear chairs isn't going through?

Also, mail-mi is an option. He may only have two votes but other people have called him scummy as well.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.