Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202146 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #550 on: December 16, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »

If there's one thing that I think both Voltaire and ashersky (the pair of whom I think contains at most 1 scum) can agree on, it's that we should vote: mail-mi.

I would love to! But I'm catching up after being away all weekend, has there been a recent votecount?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 16, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »

Voltaire (3) : mail-mi, Ichimaru Gin, Lekkit
liopoil (2) : Robz, Eevee, yuma
faust (2) : ashersky 2.7
mail-mi (2) : Voltaire, chairs
ashersky (1) : faust
2.7 (1) : Teproc

Not voting (1) : liopoil

I think this is accurate.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 16, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

Well it should say liopoil (3).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 16, 2013, 12:46:13 pm »

If there's one thing that I think both Voltaire and ashersky (the pair of whom I think contains at most 1 scum) can agree on, it's that we should vote: mail-mi.

I would love to! But I'm catching up after being away all weekend, has there been a recent votecount?

mail-mi (2) : Voltaire, chairs

Ha! Shows how much I remember.

Town read on Lekkit right now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 16, 2013, 12:48:46 pm »

I have finals tomorrow and the next. So I will not be able to post much. And just when things were starting to pick up. . .
I will address much upon my return.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:56 pm »

Looking at the vote count, I'd be willing to switch my vote to liopoil or mail-mi if needed. Still prefer ash though.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2013, 12:55:18 pm »

I can't believe Voltaire has more votes than liopoil. Voltaire is like doing a lot of stuff at least. At a minimum, we kind of need that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2013, 01:00:55 pm »

It wasn't implied. Why do you think it was implied (are you overly paranoid about people thinking you are scum?)

If I think you are scummy I will say I think you are scummy. If I think you are being anti-town I will say you are being anti-town. In this case I think you were being anti-town and asked you to address the situation and rectify it if you are town as best you can... which you appear to have done, but it shouldn't be interpreted as me saying that you are scummy because of it... But you thinking that I was implying something is scummy.

Nope. Do you think I'd be that obvious?  :)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 16, 2013, 01:03:28 pm »

I find Faust scummy because:
  1) He made a joke to create a D1 pass for himself
  2) He was looking for "good" mislynches in Ashersky and Voltaire.  He expressed concerns about both of them, not because he had come up with great scum narratives for them, but because they are mislynches that wouldn't hurt town as much

Does scum call someone a good mislynch? I don't see it.

The only reason I'm willing to entertain the notion of ash being right about faust is because he called mcmc (or was it mail-mi?) D1 in lio's talbe game (whatever it was). Of course, he also called the scumteam D1 and was only 50% right, and smaller game, and odds/blind-squirrel etc. but it'll certainly be floating around in the back of my mind (especially if ash flips town at some point).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 16, 2013, 01:24:42 pm »

The case on mail-mi: being normal mail-mi, and also appearing to be trying. That's how you find scum!mail-mi. For D1, I'm reasonably happy with this.

Yuma, as far as your "POE too early" argument, I feel like there could be merit to it. But (and I made this clear when I posted mine) there's some early stuff you can always do. For example, Ichi and yourself were never going to be in my lynch pool.

I think e comes off much scummier than faust. In fact, e seems to be behaving differently than he did in Toy Story (where he came across as scummy to me, but, upon reflection, not the kind of true scumminess you'll see in games). He'll be wroth a re-read.

Voltaire - me
Robz888
mail-mi
Chairs - the PR or scum thing, and the fact that I do not see chairs with that sort of a plan as scum
Ashersky
Yuma - yuma
Ichimaru Gin - new (also a town read)
Lekkit - his case on me gives me a town read
Liopoil
Teproc
Eevee
Faust

That's unfortunately large. Here they are by willingness to lynch, from most to least:

mail-mi - I think I have a pretty good case against mail-mi for D1.
2.7 - recent play is strange!
Ashersky - opening play odd, no plan, and statements of opinions/non-existent occurrences as fact. Makes no sense to me.
Liopoil - lurking, doing nothing. Happy to vote here.
Teproc - seems different, but nothing obvious.
Robz888 - actually feel ok about Robz right now.
Eevee - nothing.
Faust - comes across as town, actually. Wait, what is he doing here? He's out of the pool.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 16, 2013, 02:12:16 pm »

I can't believe Voltaire has more votes than liopoil. Voltaire is like doing a lot of stuff at least. At a minimum, we kind of need that.

agreed. Who is voting for him?

FOS: mail-mi, Ichimaru Gin, Lekkit

Also FOS: liopoil for not currently voting and for never have voting

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 16, 2013, 02:12:53 pm »

Looking at the vote count, I'd be willing to switch my vote to liopoil or mail-mi if needed. Still prefer ash though.

move it. Ash isn't getting lynched today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 16, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »

I'm caught up, but I don't have like thoughts about anything.
I feel a lot like this right now. I have been super quiet, and I apologize. I will look to post a lot more in the coming days, but have been busy with work doing a bunch of short trips that take me away from my computer. I mean there was the whole claim thing (which I was right about, even if you do not think I should have claimed when I did) then we all kinds of for to a point of "let's not talk about this anymore" then the chairs thing, but not much else. I am pretty busy tonight and tomorrow but I will put some real effort into getting some reads Sunday. But I just feel as if there isn't a whole lot to go off of.

I guess I should do a random drawing them just tunnel the person I draw if nothing else happens.

(For the sake of clarity, that was a joke)
This was before Yuma's post count and calling me out on it.  I guess I sort of followed my joke about picking someone to tunnel, but varied from the joke in that it was not a random "draw out of the hat" tunnel.  It was because in my reread he was the one who came up scummiest.  And we had to start somewhere

Does this feel like an attempt to justify behavior by manipulating his own quote to make it look like something that it wasn't originally?

When I first saw the quote he is presenting I thought it was a sarcastic rewrite--and valid  rewrite--of Robz's post saying basically that "there wasn't anything to comment on except for a whole bunch of stuff... I mean he even calls it a joke in that post

But now 2.7 is saying that it was a post that he wrote showing that he wasn't posting very much and that it woke him up, not my post count saying that he wasn't posting much...

This looks like a stretch to me. a scummy stretch vote: 2.7

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 16, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »

Voltaire - His activity has been good.  The case Lekkit brings against Voltaire and the summaries he gave with that make me lean more town!Voltaire than scum!Voltaire

Robz888 - He has been relatively quiet, and hasn't been arguing with Voltaire, so I don't know what to do with him.  It would take a lot to convince me to vote Robz right now.

mail-mi - Voting Voltaire right now, but hasn't been around a whole lot.  Voltaire could you go over your case on mail-mi again?  You cited "mail-mi is voting me for playing the game, and not acting like himself at all" for your reason behind voting him.  Is there anything more now that some time has passed?

Chairs - The whole PR thing.  Off the table for now

Ashersky - Things people have brought against him: No plan, early claim, strange play.  They don't add up to scum for me.  But they don't add up to town either.  SK?  (total speculation, no basis at all) I don't think strange play is a reason to lynch anyone though, so off my list.

Yuma - Yuma (copying Voltaire here)

Ichimaru Gin - new + towny

Lekkit - I disagree with him about his case on Voltaire.  Also, has posted enough to be put in with the lurkers, probably because he did build an extensive (even though I disagree with it) case against Voltaire.  But that is all he has done.  His case and lack of content elsewhere are bringing him towards the top of my scum reads

Liopoil - Needs to show up and play.  As an excuse for his absence from the game he said "However, I think I've been struggling to make early contributions in any game as of late. Just really don't have much of anything that I find worth of note."  Hopefully he finds something "of note" to talk about now.

Teproc - null right now. He has been posting and is generally useful though so I will cross him off

2.7 - obv!town

Eevee - Needs to show up and play

Faust - Leaning scum.

PPE: Yuma's last 3 posts
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 16, 2013, 02:27:52 pm »

When I first saw the quote he is presenting I thought it was a sarcastic rewrite--and valid  rewrite--of Robz's post saying basically that "there wasn't anything to comment on except for a whole bunch of stuff... I mean he even calls it a joke in that post
For the sake of clarity, I was only joking about that very last part about drawing a name out of a hat and tunneling that person.  I was not joking about the other stuff.  Basically, there was nothing for me to say except "I told you so" because mcmc confirmed everything that I thought about the setup. (like everyone gets a name)  And about the "secret case" that Voltaire presented, which I understood immediately, but people kept pressing so he eventually said what he meant to everyone.  So I could post "I told you so" which doesn't come across great, or nothing.  Which is what I did for a while until I did my reread as promised
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:32 pm »

Just for the future, never tell jokes. Because you are like rightly I think being scrutinized for something that very well may be nothing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:53 pm »

If that makes any sense.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 16, 2013, 02:31:25 pm »

I am not claiming that any post "woke me up."  I am claiming that I knew I was really short on post count, and that is not where you want to be as town.  Scum likes to lurk.  Because then they don't have to say anything.  Town [should] like to have multiple D1 wagons, lots of discussion, and strong positions from everyone to use as reference points for later days.  The game was stagnating, as you mentioned.  After I flip town (eventually) you will see that I really was just trying to kickstart the game into action.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »

Just for the future, never tell jokes. Because you are like rightly I think being scrutinized for something that very well may be nothing.
yeah, which is why I wanted to clarify my statement about tunneling someone as a joke.  Which I ended up not being as precise as I wanted and caused confusion.

At least you can say that me getting into trouble for jokes is not "strange play" for me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:36 pm »

Actually town doesn't care, or shouldn't care, about the post count. You should be active, but the post count is not that great at measuring activity. Like, Voltaire has not been twice as active as anyone else in the game for example (he's been active obviously, but not that much more than other people).

I don't get how yuma could have thought that whole post was a joke to be honest, it was pretty clear to me that it only referred to the hat thing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 16, 2013, 03:09:28 pm »

Actually town doesn't care, or shouldn't care, about the post count.

I don't about that. The post count, at certain points in past games, has been a good way to find scum. I don't know if it is now, or in this game particularly.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 16, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »

I think I didn't express myself very clearly here. I do think the post count is a useful tool, that's why I keep one. But I don't think, as town, you should worry about where you end up on the post count yourself. Do you see what I mean ?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2013, 03:16:19 pm »

Actually town doesn't care, or shouldn't care, about the post count.

I don't about that. The post count, at certain points in past games, has been a good way to find scum. I don't know if it is now, or in this game particularly.
That's not very helpful if you can't identify the situations where the post count is a good way to find scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 16, 2013, 03:29:40 pm »

Guys, let's lynch Faust, then find other scum D2 based on his wagon, interactions, and whatever happens N1.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2013, 03:32:35 pm »

Guys, let's lynch Faust, then find other scum D2 based on his wagon, interactions, and whatever happens N1.
somehow I don't think that will happen.....no one seems to be picking up our little wagon.  Pretty anti-town of them if you ask me.  Yuma was complaining about no wagons, we could have had one right here but instead they try to build one on liopoil?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.