Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202245 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #475 on: December 15, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »

Robz, ashersky's certainty over Faust might be off, but what do you think about Faust in general? Do you lean town or scum?

Totally neutral. I like that he's contributing. Actually, the only time I saw scum Faust he was closer to a lurker, but I don't know he's just gotten more active as he's played more games. But anyway I have no reason to think he is scum here. Do you?
I think he is scum right now. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 15, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »

Robz, ashersky's certainty over Faust might be off, but what do you think about Faust in general? Do you lean town or scum?

Totally neutral. I like that he's contributing. Actually, the only time I saw scum Faust he was closer to a lurker, but I don't know he's just gotten more active as he's played more games. But anyway I have no reason to think he is scum here. Do you?

Why? Did I miss your case?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 15, 2013, 01:49:07 pm »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9840.msg326112#msg326112

The last paragraph.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 15, 2013, 01:57:48 pm »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9840.msg326112#msg326112

The last paragraph.

Okay, that's something. The things you point out are true, just not actually very scummy individually I think. Maybe added together they are. I guess his posts have less content than I recalled, if your summary is fair. I'll move him down to sort of scummy then.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 15, 2013, 02:43:42 pm »

I'd point out a few things in response to the last page or two:

1) motivation for Scum!volt to point out the chairs secret case: town cred (a la scum would keep quiet so he's probably not scum).  Regardless, don't lynch Volt on D1.

2) Faust is scra-scra-scrambling like a caught fish in a net.  So I mixed metaphors, but you know what I mean.  He's all "but he hasn't even made a case, how can ash know I'm scum already?!?!"  He's basically pulling a mail-mi.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:15 pm »

If there's one thing that I think both Voltaire and ashersky (the pair of whom I think contains at most 1 scum) can agree on, it's that we should vote: mail-mi.
If you think that pair has a good chance of having one scum, then why are you voting with them?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2013, 03:27:00 pm »

Vote: liopoil

Now that we can talk about Toy Story mafia, my scum partner liopoil did a good job in later days, but I think he really struggled to make early contributions as scum. He is struggling with that here, too. In fact his most recent contribution was only to point out that he doesn't have any contributions.
Good point.

My scumminess reads:
Voltaire
liopoil
faust
chairs
ash
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2013, 04:22:44 pm »

Now that we can talk about Toy Story mafia, my scum partner liopoil did a good job in later days, but I think he really struggled to make early contributions as scum. He is struggling with that here, too. In fact his most recent contribution was only to point out that he doesn't have any contributions.
Good point.

My scumminess reads:
Voltaire
liopoil
faust
chairs
ash
I am guessing this is most scummy on top to least scummy on bottom.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:30 pm »

Good point.

My scumminess reads:
Voltaire
liopoil
faust
chairs
ash
I am guessing this is most scummy on top to least scummy on bottom.
yes.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »

Mail-no, could you please summarize your case against Voltaire? Has he done things you find scummy, or just things you see as anti-town?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2013, 04:31:25 pm »

Mail-no, could you please summarize your case against Voltaire? Has he done things you find scummy, or just things you see as anti-town?
ugh auto correct. Sorry for messing up your name mail-mi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2013, 04:35:52 pm »

He's done some anti-town things (like drawing attention to chair's PR claim by making it secret and making a big deal out of it) and I also have a bad feeling. Not quite the eat-my-hat-if-he's-not-scum feeling, but still a scummy one.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 15, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »

ugh auto correct. Sorry for messing up your name mail-mi
On-Liam?  :o Please no.  :D

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:16 pm »

He's done some anti-town things (like drawing attention to chair's PR claim by making it secret and making a big deal out of it) and I also have a bad feeling. Not quite the eat-my-hat-if-he's-not-scum feeling, but still a scummy one.
so your top scum read is based on a gut feeling and how he handled the chairs situation. I just don't find that a very good case, as I have started elsewhere. And I guess liopoil and the rest are all gut feelings as well, because I assume you would put someone who you had a case against st at #1 scum.

What do you think about my case against Faust and ashersky's insistence that Faust is scum?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 15, 2013, 04:53:25 pm »

Scum are confident.

Town change their mind as new evidence presents itself.

I do not think Voltaire is scum.

Voltaire switches standpoints without any new evidence. He just turns, then turns again. And says he's maintained the same stance.
Where does Voltaire claim he maintained the same stance? I didn't see it in your summary post, where you painted Voltaire as scummy as possible.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 15, 2013, 04:53:49 pm »

so your top scum read is based on a gut feeling and how he handled the chairs situation. I just don't find that a very good case, as I have started elsewhere. And I guess liopoil and the rest are all gut feelings as well, because I assume you would put someone who you had a case against st at #1 scum.

What do you think about my case against Faust and ashersky's insistence that Faust is scum?
The liopoil one is the thing that Robz pointed out, the similarity between him in Toy Story and him here. Your case against faust is good, I would vote for him if voltaire and liopoil aren't getting lynched. That's why he's my 3rd scum read.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2013, 05:07:16 pm »

how are we going to get this game moving? looking at that post count, I'm at the bottom. I've been around plenty, but really haven't had much to say about what little has happened.
I tend to believe liopoil here, and thus do not like the robz case that mail-mi has adopted.  First lio says he totally disliked flavor claiming and says that flavor claiming is not what he signed up for. Then there is the whole chairs thing that he didn't really like either. So he had nothing additional to say about them. So lio is an admitted lurker, but I am not in the business of lynching lurkers, but scum.

Lio, what do you think about Voltaire and Faust?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2013, 05:12:39 pm »

and ashersky

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 15, 2013, 05:35:56 pm »

Ichimaru, you are currently voting Voltaire. You didn't really mention any reasons, and when you tag on to reasons other people have made it is called sheeping and it is not a good place to be.  However, looking at another person's case against someone and understanding why that someone is scummy is fine for a new player. What your job as a new player to do is evaluate the pros/cons of each case and decide which one you like the best and go there. Then instead of trying to create your own case (which can be tough) you can expand on an existing case by starting what points you think are good or bad.

My question to you: what case do you think is the best case right now? Faust, Voltaire, Ashersky, and liopoil all have some sort of case or vote against them. What reasons do you have for saying that person is the scummiest?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 15, 2013, 05:55:52 pm »

Eevee, you said Yuma built a case against Voltaire then explained it away himself. So who do you find scummy. If I were to lynch a lurker (which I don't want to do, but will if it comes down to it) you would be my choice of lurker. Because you have not said much of anything.

But it is time for thoughts. What do you think of my Faust case?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 15, 2013, 05:57:12 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

ashersky (1): Faust
Eevee (1): Yuma
Faust (2): ashersky, 2.71828
mail-mi (2): Voltaire, chairs
Voltaire (3): mail-mi, Ichimaru Gin, Lekkit
liopoil (1): Robz888
Not Voting (3):Liopoil, Eevee, Teproc

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December, 19 at 2:00 p.m. Forum time.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 15, 2013, 06:08:47 pm »

how are we going to get this game moving? looking at that post count, I'm at the bottom. I've been around plenty, but really haven't had much to say about what little has happened.
I tend to believe liopoil here, and thus do not like the robz case that mail-mi has adopted.  First lio says he totally disliked flavor claiming and says that flavor claiming is not what he signed up for. Then there is the whole chairs thing that he didn't really like either. So he had nothing additional to say about them. So lio is an admitted lurker, but I am not in the business of lynching lurkers, but scum.

To be clear, I don't think this is necessarily a general scum trait, I think it's a trait that liopoil has, specifically, as scum. Because I have seen it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 15, 2013, 07:33:20 pm »

not quite, I said something about ashersky's meta after that I think. but I can't exactly argue that I've been contributing today, yes. However, I think I've been struggling to make early contributions in any game as of late. Just really don't have much of anything that I find worth of note.

I see e has asked what I think of ashersky, faust, and voltaire. I'll go reread them, but I doubt I'm going to find much.

also, when e mentioned voltaire I had a moment where I was like "what? he's IC!". Still in Toy Story mode here...

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 15, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

Reads, cause I feel lost right now so I need to organise my thoughts, and I might as well do it in the thread.

Voltaire : He has made very little sense this game. As Eevee eloquently proved, this makes him town. Just kidding... except not really. Seriously, his reads and votes are completely all over the place, in a way which I think is too extreme to be scum. He's just town who posts way too much. Town.

Lekkit : Made a good case on Voltaire which helped the transition into scumhunting. Town.

chairs : Not sure why, but this reread has given me a town read on him.

mail-mi : Has an incredibly anti-town meta, but seems slightly less scummy here. Slight town.

ashersky: Flavour claims too early, but it seems like something he'd do. Have we decided that his flavour was irrelevant to figuring out his alignement btw ? His reason for not having a plan was good. Slight town.

faust : His case on ash is weak but not unreasonable. Not much else to say. Null.

yuma: Absent but constructive. That's null for yuma I think.

Robz: I don't know. I have a bad feeling about him, but nothing concrete. Slight scum.

Eeevee : Lurking. Reasonable when he posts. Reminds me of GoT. Slight scum.

liopoil : Lurking. Apparently this might be a scum tell for him ? Slight scum.

Ichimaru : Playing up the newb card. A lot. The OMGUS seems forced newbishness. Surprised Robz hasn't commented on that. Scummy.

2.7 : Flavour claims too early, which I don't like at all. Same question as for ashersky as far as his flavour goes. What really gets me is the faust vote. I have a votes summary whrere I write down reasons, and here I wrote "Unclear why". That's already bad, but there were plenty of those in this game (looking at you, Voltaire). The problem is he then acts as if he had built an incredibly strong case on faust, so much so that he wants everyone to respond to it. There's nothing to respond too ! All you have is "I can't shake the feeling faust is scum." That's fine, but it's not actually a case. Which is exactly his objection to faust's case on ash. So yeah.

Actually, I've talked myself into a vote: 2.7 here. Summaries are scumhuntaries !
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 15, 2013, 07:55:38 pm »

Actually, I've talked myself into a vote: 2.7 here. Summaries are scumhuntaries !
I have actually heard that they are scummaries.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.