Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202105 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2013, 01:08:40 pm »

Lurker-yuma isn't scum yuma, lurker-yuma doesn't exist.

this. and I am not lurking, i am just absent. Sorry guys!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2013, 01:10:50 pm »

I always give yuma a Day 1 pass anyway.

and I still maintaing that I have done nothing to set myself apart from others to deserve a day1 pass every game. I found voltaire somewhat scummy (kinda buddying me up for later days?) for trying to give it to me last game (game of thrones), but he was town so obviously that didn't work...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 14, 2013, 01:17:17 pm »

I'll do a quick post count and then head out of here (this does include pre-game posts)

1. Voltaire - 83
2. Robz888 - 33
3. mail-mi - 24
4. Chairs - 29
5. Ashersky - 46
6. Yuma - 23
7. Ichimaru Gin - 17
8. Lekkit - 18
9. Liopoil - 11
10. Teproc - 47
11. 2.7 - 21
12. Eevee - 18
13. Faust - 21

Notes... voltaire is really, really high....

2.7 and faust are both lower than I would expect. I am obviously much lower than normal. Ash is actually about right where I would expect him (but he looks like he is lower compared to voltaire) So yeah, highlights I think are faust and 2.7 being low and Voltaire being high...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 14, 2013, 01:34:27 pm »

how are we going to get this game moving? looking at that post count, I'm at the bottom. I've been around plenty, but really haven't had much to say about what little has happened.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 14, 2013, 01:45:47 pm »

Seconded.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 14, 2013, 01:56:36 pm »

Unfortunately there's no Mafia Roleblocker either so it's not even a scumslip, it's just ash not paying attention to the setup.

Actually, that kind of sounds weird too. Ash, I understand you haven't played the setup before, but why have you not tried to "solve" it like you usually do ?

There is a Mafia JOAT with one-shot roleblocking.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 14, 2013, 01:59:43 pm »

voltaire has done a couple of things that I find to be anti-town now (sorry if you disagree voltaire, but I think if you look back you will see this to be true). I don't necessarily think that means scummy, but I would encourage him to rethink how he is playing if he is town, is that a fair request to ask voltaire?

I second this.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 14, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

voltaire has done a couple of things that I find to be anti-town now (sorry if you disagree voltaire, but I think if you look back you will see this to be true). I don't necessarily think that means scummy, but I would encourage him to rethink how he is playing if he is town, is that a fair request to ask voltaire?

Oh, I would agree with you that it was not handled well, in retrospect, but I ask you, what's the scum narrative here? It's actually quite nice now, in my eyes, because tons of people are calling me scummy for playing the game. That's actually a best-case scenario I think (expect for the whole chairs thing which, well, oops). I think I got a bit too excited about it because it really, really seemed to implicate ash.

I still have ash and mail-mi as my top scum reads so far.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2013, 05:51:05 pm »

Oh, I would agree with you that it was not handled well, in retrospect, but I ask you, what's the scum narrative here? It's actually quite nice now, in my eyes, because tons of people are calling me scummy for playing the game. That's actually a best-case scenario I think (expect for the whole chairs thing which, well, oops). I think I got a bit too excited about it because it really, really seemed to implicate ash.

The way I understood yuma's post, he did not say you were scummy.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 14, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »

The way I understood yuma's post, he did not say you were scummy.

I personally think it's implied. And you can't deny several other people have stated they want to lynch me. (yuma also claims I'm unusually high later)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 14, 2013, 06:37:59 pm »

Yuma is correct to point out my low post count. I have not been as active as I should. I have a Christmas party that I have to go to right now, but I just finished a reread and will post my thoughts as soon as I get a chance either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Spoiler: i don't want to lynch Voltaire.

(That wasn't really the spoiler, I just don't want to throw out my lynch of choice without having the time to do justice to my case against him)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 14, 2013, 07:05:14 pm »

I think yuma built a scum narrative for Voltaire but then explained it away himself.

I would vote yuma here, but he is vla + also often killed by scum if he is town, so I just don't think he can be a good day 1 lynch, whatever he says.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 14, 2013, 07:13:27 pm »

Back in Detroit, will catch up soon.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 14, 2013, 07:42:02 pm »

I hope you all realize the ridiculousness in lynching me solely for not having a plan.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 14, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »

I hope you realize that I'd like an answer to my question : what made you not as interested in solving the setup here, as opposed to basically every other game ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:07 pm »

I hope you realize that I'd like an answer to my question : what made you not as interested in solving the setup here, as opposed to basically every other game ?

I just didn't care much.  I was alive in two other games when this one started, plus modding, plus awards.  There is no "solving JK9++" anyway.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:28 pm »

Okay, I looked at the set-up.

It's C9++ but harder to solve (i.e., can't be solved).  We have no IC, so no way to start whittling away letter combos.  Gunsmith is literally the only claim that requires two of a letter, and even then we only get at least 2/7 of the rolls.

There's no way to solve JK9++ easily, and definitely not on D1.  You could mass claim, but it doesn't even help.  The scum team doesn't vary enough to matter.  At 4Ts, you add the JOAT possibilities.

There you go.  I just wasted 5 minutes of my life so you can be satisifed of another dumb meta-enforced requirement.  Plans, self-voting, etc. all happen whether I'm town or scum, people.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 14, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »

There you go.  I just wasted 5 minutes of my life so you can be satisifed of another dumb meta-enforced requirement.  Plans, self-voting, etc. all happen whether I'm town or scum, people.
pretty sure that this is a meta you've intentionally tried to grow... if you want us to say things like "oh it's ash, self-voting is normal" then you have to live up to it.

Not that you necessarily should play up your meta. Honestly, I think it would be better if you DIDN'T do things like self-vote and so we don't expect you to do it and it's all better because self-voting is anti-town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »

pretty sure that this is a meta you've intentionally tried to grow... if you want us to say things like "oh it's ash, self-voting is normal" then you have to live up to it.

Not that you necessarily should play up your meta. Honestly, I think it would be better if you DIDN'T do things like self-vote and so we don't expect you to do it and it's all better because self-voting is anti-town.

Making plans isn't harmful to town, though.  So why does that become a harmful meta issue?  I mean, really, people are voting for me not having a plan.  Having a plan, not having a plan -- it's so easy to argue either way that I expect scum to use it more often than town.

"Hey, ash came up with a plan, must have used his scum partners and his QT to make it."
"Hey, ash didn't come up with a plan, must be scum since his plans can help town and he doesn't want to help town."

See what I mean?  Plans should be null tells.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:51 pm »

Plan less ash? vote: ash good nuf for a d1 vote.

Like this, for example.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 14, 2013, 08:22:58 pm »

Okay, I looked at the set-up.

It's C9++ but harder to solve (i.e., can't be solved).  We have no IC, so no way to start whittling away letter combos.  Gunsmith is literally the only claim that requires two of a letter, and even then we only get at least 2/7 of the rolls.

There's no way to solve JK9++ easily, and definitely not on D1.  You could mass claim, but it doesn't even help.  The scum team doesn't vary enough to matter.  At 4Ts, you add the JOAT possibilities.

Thank you. unvote.

Still think I'll vote: voltaire
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 14, 2013, 09:44:58 pm »

If there's one thing that I think both Voltaire and ashersky (the pair of whom I think contains at most 1 scum) can agree on, it's that we should vote: mail-mi.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2013, 11:44:48 pm »

Ok. Here we go.

Eevee, teproc, liopoil, lekkit, IG, Yuma- null reads all around. Either you haven't posted anything that really caught my eye, you are new to me so I am not familiar(ish) with your style, or whatever. I just haven't seen anything that screams town or scum

Robz- leaving town, but he hasn't really had the chance to post much, so this could change, but for now I don't see myself voting him D1.

Voltaire- don't want to lynch him today. His post count is really high, and in a game that has been very slow I wouldn't want to lynch him unless he did something egregious. Now post count aside, he has done some things that I am not a fan of. Well, one thing really. I didn't like how he handled the chairs situation. The "secret case" that ended with him just telling everyone that he thinks chairs is scum or a PR. But had he been scum would he have done that? I think not. I think that was just him as town trying to share why he disagreed with anyone voting chairs, but eventually became him saying chairs is scum or PR. While some might call it a mistake, I think it came from town.

Chairs- going off Voltaire's case: scum or PR. I don't know, but I know I want to wait a day at least. Not lynching chairs today.

Mail-mi- voting ash because he didn't have a plan? Really? Not a fan of that, nor of the "vote Voltaire for secret case" thing. So slightly scummy, but not my vote. Yet.

Ashersky-  Zhang Fei is not my choice of lynch targets.  He is absolutely correct in saying that it seems totally impossible to solve JK9++ (at least this early).  I don't find the lack of a plan scummy either. I am leaning town on ash.

Faust- first post is a joke about getting lynched D1. Second post he jumps on ash for claiming and says ash is a good mislynch. Mentions policy lynching Voltaire for bringing up mass flavor-claiming.  He then throws out some "helpful" stuff about the setup. He has said a bit here or there since then, but it hasn't helped me shake the feeling that Faust is scum.

I will join Zhang Fei and vote: Faust
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 14, 2013, 11:58:56 pm »

just so everyone knows, archetype and efhw will be helping out with with counts and processing the change from day 1 to night 1 and the start if day 2. They will give the pertinent flip info and additional flavor will be written upon my return.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 15, 2013, 12:56:10 am »

Ok. Vote count?
I'm seeing things go in a couple of different directions, but not that sure which one I agree with most.
I'm thinking for now I'll vote: Voltaire
I've read over previous games, and seen what you guys are talking about regarding Ash normally having a plan, but I really don't think there's much of a case there.
Since I don't really have much of a handle on anyone's meta though, it's kinda hard to sort out all the accusations and stuff. So I figure I just have to go with my gut in the end, until I get more information. But that's pretty much what D1 is all about right?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.