Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202076 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

Why do you have a towny feel on mail-mi?

Well like I said, part of its just a general feeling. But mostly mail-mi seems kinda townie partially cause he didn't participate in (what I thought) were some somewhat pointless discussions. And I feel like his posts are kinda casual--like he's saying things off the cuff--which reads more town to me.

Note: Again, I haven't had much experience reading people, so these are just my newb reasons.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2013, 02:24:04 pm »

I am completely behind. I have very little access for the next few days, possibly more. I'll post when I can, if I can. But not right now. Sorry guys.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2013, 02:52:35 pm »

I am completely behind. I have very little access for the next few days, possibly more. I'll post when I can, if I can. But not right now. Sorry guys.
Hope you feel better soon!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2013, 04:48:20 pm »

vote: we all agree to give yuma a D1 pass.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »

Deadline is December 19th right ? He might be back by then, we'll see. Of course we're not going to lynch him while he's absent, but there's really no point in having everyone say they won't lynch yuma if he turn out to be present in the last 3 days or something.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »

Deadline is December 19th right ? He might be back by then, we'll see. Of course we're not going to lynch him while he's absent, but there's really no point in having everyone say they won't lynch yuma if he turn out to be present in the last 3 days or something.

I don't expect him to be reading along, but I know yuma well enough to know he'll feel guilty about not keeping up, and therefore will either try to get to a computer to read and contribute (when he should be focused on IRL matters) or feel badly about it at home, which doesn't help anything.

I want us, as a game community, to let yuma know that the next time he logs on, he can't just not worry about logging on again until everyone is well.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 13, 2013, 05:06:06 pm »

I always give yuma a Day 1 pass anyway.

As for myself, I should be returning to my normal activity level soon. I'm flying back home tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my laptop broke again (for those keeping score, this is like the millionth time I've had to replace it, and this iteration is less than three months old), so I won't be as active tomorrow in the airport as I would have liked. I'll try to use my phone.

I'm caught up, but I don't have like thoughts about anything.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2013, 05:07:40 pm »

I always give yuma a Day 1 pass anyway.

Same.

Except for when I try to get him mislynched D1 when we're both town. Which was an actual thing once. Twice? Twice.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 13, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

I don't expect him to be reading along, but I know yuma well enough to know he'll feel guilty about not keeping up, and therefore will either try to get to a computer to read and contribute (when he should be focused on IRL matters) or feel badly about it at home, which doesn't help anything.

I want us, as a game community, to let yuma know that the next time he logs on, he can't just not worry about logging on again until everyone is well.

So you want us to guilt him into logging in while sick?

YUMA THIS GAME IS CLEARLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN REAL LIFE AND WE ARE DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!

(Just kidding, RL > Games, don't tear yourself up!)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 13, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »

I'm policy voting anyone who votes for, complains about, or makes a case on Yuma on D1.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 13, 2013, 06:42:02 pm »

vote: we all agree to give yuma a D1 pass.
This.

I want us, as a game community, to let yuma know that the next time he logs on, he can just not worry about logging on again until everyone is well.
This.

I'm policy voting anyone who votes for, complains about, or makes a case on Yuma on D1.
This.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 13, 2013, 07:34:57 pm »

I'm caught up, but I don't have like thoughts about anything.
I feel a lot like this right now. I have been super quiet, and I apologize. I will look to post a lot more in the coming days, but have been busy with work doing a bunch of short trips that take me away from my computer. I mean there was the whole claim thing (which I was right about, even if you do not think I should have claimed when I did) then we all kinds of for to a point of "let's not talk about this anymore" then the chairs thing, but not much else. I am pretty busy tonight and tomorrow but I will put some real effort into getting some reads Sunday. But I just feel as if there isn't a whole lot to go off of.

I guess I should do a random drawing them just tunnel the person I draw if nothing else happens.

(For the sake of clarity, that was a joke)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 13, 2013, 11:51:04 pm »

ash, why no plan?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 14, 2013, 12:41:31 am »

ash, why no plan?

Never played, nor am I familiar with, JK9++.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 14, 2013, 07:35:43 am »

Already did this, but again to summarize:

Don't lynch: Voltaire, chairs, Teproc, yuma, Ichimaru, faust
Could lynch: everyone else
Preferred lynch: ashersky
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 14, 2013, 07:40:47 am »

Faust is still 100% scum.  If you lynch me, this is the one thing I want you to take away.  Vigs shoot shoot Faust N1.  Roleblockers block him.  If he lives to D2, lynch him.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:30 am »

Faust is still 100% scum.  If you lynch me, this is the one thing I want you to take away.  Vigs shoot shoot Faust N1.  Roleblockers block him.  If he lives to D2, lynch him.

1. How on earth can you be so sure?
2. If you are town, what you're doing is not helpful in the least.
3. There are no Town Rolelockers in this setup.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 14, 2013, 08:44:07 am »

Unfortunately there's no Mafia Roleblocker either so it's not even a scumslip, it's just ash not paying attention to the setup.

Actually, that kind of sounds weird too. Ash, I understand you haven't played the setup before, but why have you not tried to "solve" it like you usually do ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 14, 2013, 10:04:53 am »

In both games I modded the setup was new, created by me, ash was town in both games, and in both games he had a plan.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2013, 10:45:03 am »

Heh. It's a weird feeling, a newbie actually has a town read on me. I think this is the first time this has happened. Anyway,
In both games I modded the setup was new, created by me, ash was town in both games, and in both games he had a plan.

Plan less ash? vote: ash good nuf for a d1 vote.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2013, 10:46:01 am »

Vote Count 1.3:

2.71828 (1): chairs
ashersky (2): Faust, mail-mi
Eevee (1): Yuma
Faust (1): ashersky
mail-mi (1): Voltaire

Not Voting (7): Robz888, Lekkit, Liopoil, Eevee, Teproc, 2.71828, Ichimaru Gin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December, 19 at 2:00 p.m. Forum time.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2013, 12:48:02 pm »

Wife is asleep, baby is asleep and finally able to get to the library to do some free time stuff....

rereading and posting as I go.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2013, 12:59:34 pm »

This his how I think you play D1: *I wanted to quote Galzria's explanation from that speccy thread, but I can't find it. Any help? You know the one I mean.*

Here it is Voltaire:

I still maintain that f.ds does d1 wrong.

You can't "make a case" worth beans against scum unless they honestly 'slip'.

A) "Contradictions" aren't scummy. Town changes their mind and their opinion MUCH more than scum.

B) Scum can feed distrust and suspicion. They can fan the flames, or play the buddy game. Scum rarely ever stays noncommittal. If there's an issue, they have a stance on it. Which side is up to them.

C) Multiplayer interactions. Focus on them. "IF 'X' THEN 'Y'" are far more valuable than "I'm sure 'X' is true and bias everything towards that".

Every town player there right now is trying too hard to finger scum. To catch them. That won't work d1. Flip it around. Don't look for that one good case for somebody being scum, look for reasons to eliminate people. Give them reasons to be town - or at least a reason not to lynch. Archetype, for example, should be off the table. PoE down based on not who's "most likely" to be scum, but instead by eliminating those "less likely" to be scum.

Finding scum needs real information. You can't have that d1. D1 is a different animal and needs to be treated with different guiding principles. Town(s) will continue to fail because they think they can catch scum when they can't. D1 lynches are FAR, FAR below average for hitting scum for a reason.

The trick is making reasonable arguments for certain people (Arch, here) to be removed from lynch candidacy. Arguments that most agree on. I wouldn't lynch TA, Arch, Yuma or (I think) Sudgy in this game. Post count alone gets them a d1 pass from me. Can scum post a lot? Yes, but it's harder. And while one might be scum, there's a very, very low likelihood that two are. So look elsewhere.

But TA is being pushed for "being scummy". People want a d1 case, and that's what you get. It's the wrong way to find scum d1.

Bolded the parts that I feel are the most pertinent. But more importantly I would say that it is probably too early to even start this process. I feel this process needs to begin 2-3 days before deadline because before that, there isn't even enough information to start eliminating people...

So I'll get back to you guys in a few days about this....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2013, 01:02:14 pm »

vote: mail-mi. Feel pretty good about this. Robz will back me up I think. mail-mi is voting me for playing the game, and not acting like himself at all.

Level-headed explanations to follow.

Don't like this at all.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:45 pm »

Ok, this is starting to be a major part of this game, so let's reread chairs, trying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about.

Fine, I'll just tell you.

I think chairs is either a PR or scum.

He clearly has a name to claim, and he thinks only PRs have names to claim.

I thought it through, and I don't see why scum would be the first to express confusion on this point. It's similar to the nkirbit "oh huh is that what town is called" in M31 for those of you who were in that game.

So, I think chairs outed himself as a PR.

and my question for you now is why did you feel it was necessary to even drop not so subtle hints about this... maybe scum wouldn't have noticed anything about this (assuming chairs is what you say he is) but they certainly began to notice once you started saying things like chairs is 99% town... why even bring it up?

maybe bring it up when chairs is getting a lot of pressure as evidence to not lynch him, but why be so blatantly obvious about it while pretending to be secret and sly. what purpose does that serve.

voltaire has done a couple of things that I find to be anti-town now (sorry if you disagree voltaire, but I think if you look back you will see this to be true). I don't necessarily think that means scummy, but I would encourage him to rethink how he is playing if he is town, is that a fair request to ask voltaire?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 20 queries.