Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202168 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:53 am »

chairs, if you are in fact a VT (I don't necessarily agree with Voltaire's certainty now that he has laid it all out), you should absolutely play this as a pr and try to draw a night kill.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2013, 11:05:17 am »

Oh! But they don't know who to say they are instead . Yes, mass claim immediately

Are we already so sold this is a good idea?  Based on my read of the setup, anybody who actually has a name to claim is a PR.

All the warriors gathered should be receiving battle instructions soon. These instruction's will inform you of your Kingdom(Alignment), Name(Flavor), and Role. The game developers have been quite busy working on Dynasty Warriors UltimaXtremeEsNumeroUnolegends 5... so some characters will be using a generic stock model. These are known as No Face Officers(Vanilla Townie)
JK9++ is a setup with a variable amount of town PRs.  Just because someone has a name that may be "powerful" in the story does not mean it will be a PR.  I think what I bolded here seems to imply that "face" and "no-face" officers will not be able to be distinguished due to flavor name.

When I read what you bolded, I get the exact opposite impression as you do.  I specifically read that as "Vanilla Townies will be "No Face Officers" in their PM, rather than a named officer".

These are the relevant posts, correct ?

I think all this means is that chairs is not a VT, or is a VT deliberately trying to pass for a PR (which I do think is possible, although unlikely). I don't know what makes you so sure that scum "wouldn't be the first to express confusion". Scum presumably discussed the setup on night 0, and they could very well have had the ame confusion as we did, and asked mcmc for clarification. It's very possible that scum!chairs then intentionally reproduced that confusion as a breadcrumb for a future fakeclaim.

Basically I agree that PR is the most likely option, but scum is still a strong enough possibility to give me pause.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14:44 am »

I think all this means is that chairs is not a VT, or is a VT deliberately trying to pass for a PR (which I do think is possible, although unlikely). I don't know what makes you so sure that scum "wouldn't be the first to express confusion". Scum presumably discussed the setup on night 0, and they could very well have had the ame confusion as we did, and asked mcmc for clarification. It's very possible that scum!chairs then intentionally reproduced that confusion as a breadcrumb for a future fakeclaim.

Basically I agree that PR is the most likely option, but scum is still a strong enough possibility to give me pause.

I see what you're saying. Hmm.

ash, is this why you think chairs is scum? Or just his hesitation?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:53 pm »

I think scum is MORE likely to make the assumption chairs made than not, and that occurred to me at the time of posting.  No one on the scum team would have a frame of reference for what town PMs say.  This is akin to a situation where town has a different name that isn't announced in thread and the scum players not knowing and getting caught out.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2013, 02:45:53 pm »

I think scum is MORE likely to make the assumption chairs made than not, and that occurred to me at the time of posting.  No one on the scum team would have a frame of reference for what town PMs say.  This is akin to a situation where town has a different name that isn't announced in thread and the scum players not knowing and getting caught out.

But if chairs is town, he's a PR, so this is a dangerous lynch. Plus, there is a 50% chance that we have two opposing scum (mafia/SK). In this case, someone who is supposed to be a town PR or scum is not going to last long. I say just keep chairs alive today and see if scum solves the problem for us.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 11, 2013, 03:03:15 pm »

Well, I'm glad that this is generating so much buzz, we'll have plenty to work with post-flips!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 11, 2013, 03:12:43 pm »

But we had that, in your game, in M31. It was town (who hadn't read their PM closely) who said something in-thread.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15:10 pm »

But if chairs is town, he's a PR, so this is a dangerous lynch. Plus, there is a 50% chance that we have two opposing scum (mafia/SK). In this case, someone who is supposed to be a town PR or scum is not going to last long. I say just keep chairs alive today and see if scum solves the problem for us.

Mmmm, that's true. If there's a SK, chairs is pretty much the perfect kill. Whether scum or a town PR, SK wins.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:31 pm »

But we had that, in your game, in M31. It was town (who hadn't read their PM closely) who said something in-thread.

Scum was caught out with a similar VT problem in MAII.  There are examples for both.

I'm not voting chairs now anyway.  Is anyone?  Why are we discussing him so much?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »

Scum was caught out with a similar VT problem in MAII.  There are examples for both.

I'm not voting chairs now anyway.  Is anyone?  Why are we discussing him so much?

Because you said he was tied for your top scum read, and I found that extremely scummy.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2013, 03:37:52 pm »

Because you said he was tied for your top scum read, and I found that extremely scummy.

And others find you scummy for finding people to be so strongly town this early.  Different styles, man.

Faust is still the scummiest.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »

Faust is still the scummiest.

Disagree that faust is scummy, but I see how town could disagree about him.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »

Wait, what?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2013, 03:59:14 pm »

Wait, what?

I am town. I think faust is not scummy. If ashersky is town, I can see how he could find faust scummy. We have the same alignment (maybe), but we disagree.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »

So basically instead of saying "we disagree" you say "town disagree"? Just putting it out there that you are in fact town. Just one more time. When nobody has said anything else.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2013, 04:05:13 pm »

So basically instead of saying "we disagree" you say "town disagree"? Just putting it out there that you are in fact town. Just one more time. When nobody has said anything else.

No, pointing out that my disagreement with ash may or may not be town v town. Since I don't know ash's alignment.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 11, 2013, 04:05:50 pm »

He's saying that, while ash disagrees with him, he doesn't find him scummy for it. I don't see what the problm is here.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2013, 04:10:57 pm »

Allright, I just found it odd for the reasons I stated above.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 11, 2013, 04:11:30 pm »

unvote for sure. Chairs is 99% town I am thinking.
Now that we know the case, I'm finding Voltaire slightly scummy for this. I know 99% of the time someone says they are 99% sure, they are exaggerating.. but this seems very excessive, and Voltaire is usually a reasonable person.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 11, 2013, 04:13:38 pm »

Now that we know the case, I'm finding Voltaire slightly scummy for this. I know 99% of the time someone says they are 99% sure, they are exaggerating.. but this seems very excessive, and Voltaire is usually a reasonable person.

I simply do not think scum posts what chairs posts. Teproc however has pointed out that there is a reason he might post it as scum, which I did not think of at the time. It would require a very clever plan, though. One that I still don't think scum tries.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 11, 2013, 05:08:21 pm »

Unvote.
It may just be me, but it seems like there hasn't been a lot of development so far.
I'm having a hard time getting reads on anyone. I'd appreciate any scumhunting tips you guys have for me, cause at this point, I feel a little lost.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2013, 05:20:35 pm »

I simply do not think scum posts what chairs posts. Teproc however has pointed out that there is a reason he might post it as scum, which I did not think of at the time. It would require a very clever plan, though. One that I still don't think scum tries.

Oh scum totally tries gutsy plans. All the time.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »

*squints* Really? D1? Really? Cite examples.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2013, 05:37:52 pm »

The one that you brought up: Ash&co. in RMM9 (Jimmmm's game) being all on or all off.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 11, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »

The one that you brought up: Ash&co. in RMM9 (Jimmmm's game) being all on or all off.

That's completely different from a plan to misunderstand the setup D1. That's what we're talking about. Early D1 individual plans.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.