Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202211 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2013, 08:07:05 pm »

Because he has a scumread on chairs? I'm not sure you're seeing the same thing as me, but that doesn't make chairs definately town.

Let's pretend we're seeing the same thing (don't say it out loud). Do you think chairs, as scum, would post what he did?

I'm sure scum can't figure out what you guys are talking about.  At all.

...would you believe that I'm not sure what they're talking about?  :-[

vote: Voltaire rage vote. I hate hate hate "secret cases" even if they're "secret town slips." Remember the last time someone did this ? Yeah, they were scum.

That's M31 with Robz playing the IC's fiddle, btw.

And mail-mi is channeling Twistedarcher.  He can thank you later.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2013, 08:13:49 pm »

Ok. I don't really understand about the whole last page. But I do agree that PoE seems much better than just lynching some random person who seems the scummiest.

I appreciate that some are giving me a D1 pass. I can see the practicality of treating newbies the same as everyone else. But It' suck for me to die D1, game 1 and miss out on the rest of the game. So thanks. I understand that this is only temporary, so won't be expecting special treatment later on.

Also. Next week is Finals for me. I'll have a fair amount of free time to post this weekend, but not nearly as much next week.
So just wanted to give you all a heads up.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2013, 08:20:40 pm »

Because he has a scumread on chairs? I'm not sure you're seeing the same thing as me, but that doesn't make chairs definately town.

Let's pretend we're seeing the same thing (don't say it out loud). Do you think chairs, as scum, would post what he did?
oh not again. I wasn't still in the game while that happened in M31, but it was still terrible as a spectator.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 10, 2013, 08:21:26 pm »

also, in light of M31, it makes sense for mail-mi to be against secret cases, as he was the one who the case was wrongly against.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 10, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »

While, the idea is that if we lynch the scummiest player, we aren't lynching anyone who would have been eliminated via POE... comes to the same result I guess.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:55 pm »

also, in light of M31, it makes sense for mail-mi to be against secret cases, as he was the one who the case was wrongly against.
I was not around for M31, but if I am thinking the same as Voltaire is, then this is not necessarily a D1 lynch "secret case" but more of a "we need to remember this for after a couple flips case" that might pop up later. I do think I get what Voltaire is referring to, but I also agree with the rest of you that pursuing a"secret case" is bad for town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:34 pm »

While, the idea is that if we lynch the scummiest player, we aren't lynching anyone who would have been eliminated via POE... comes to the same result I guess.

My argument in favor of D1 POE-style statements is that it's giving us TONS of interaction data - scum have to decide whether their POE list should include their fellow scum or not, etc, etc.  Particularly in D1, where the arguments are weakest, I think POE can give us more data than our typical "RVS into light scumhunting into probably-a-mislynch" pattern.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »

Clarification: I'm not arguing that D1 POE is more likely to catch scum, merely that seeing each person's POE list and their reasoning behind it is effectively a vote conglomerate when it comes to interactions for town-review.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2013, 11:20:58 pm »

My argument in favor of D1 POE-style statements is that it's giving us TONS of interaction data - scum have to decide whether their POE list should include their fellow scum or not, etc, etc.  Particularly in D1, where the arguments are weakest, I think POE can give us more data than our typical "RVS into light scumhunting into probably-a-mislynch" pattern.

I agree completely.  That's why we do popsquizzes.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 11, 2013, 02:35:40 am »

Who were the two people who subbed in? liopoil and someone else....

When did you two tell mcmc that you were going to play in the game?
I sent mcmc a PM saying that I could play if I died in toy story before D1 started very shortly after he posted that he was looking for a replacement for xerses. then when I died in toy story I sent him another PM saying I could play and he sent me my role PM right away

I received my PM at December 8 around 12 pm FT. mcmc said that at this point, the other replacement was still missing.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2013, 02:46:22 am »

Here how my lynch pool looks like:

Voltaire
Robz888
mail-mi
Chairs
Ashersky
Yuma
Ichimaru Gin
Lekkit
Liopoil
Teproc
Eevee
Faust

Voltaire is heavily contributing and even though I'm not convinced that he is town, I would like to keep him alive.

Chairs, well, there's a good enough reason not to lynch him, as Voltaire mentioned. Nothing that makes chairs "99% certain town" IMO, but enough to let him live through D1.

Ichimaru - newbie pass. And to people complaining about newbie passes, there's a good in-game reason for them: newbie scum is much easier to catch later on.

Teproc - active, and took a reasonably cautious stance towards claiming. Enough to let him live today.

faust - just a gut feeling.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2013, 02:46:51 am »

I don't really want to lynch Robz right now because 1) He knows the flavor well, and 2) he is v/la (or semi-v/la) and has not been able to contribute too much.  Ichimaru gets a newbie D1 pass from me.  I need to go back and do a reread to better narrow down my list.  Especially for people I have not played with before (chairs and Lekkit). 

I mean, we still have until December 19 to get a lynch.  No need to rush into anything.

How is any of your points a reason to lynch Robz?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2013, 07:50:52 am »

I don't really want to lynch Robz right now because 1) He knows the flavor well, and 2) he is v/la (or semi-v/la) and has not been able to contribute too much.  Ichimaru gets a newbie D1 pass from me.  I need to go back and do a reread to better narrow down my list.  Especially for people I have not played with before (chairs and Lekkit). 

I mean, we still have until December 19 to get a lynch.  No need to rush into anything.

I didn't reiterate it at the end, but I am saying I do not want to lynch Robz right now.  Maybe I will after another week of content before the day is up. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 11, 2013, 07:56:31 am »

I didn't reiterate it at the end, but I am saying I do not want to lynch Robz right now.  Maybe I will after another week of content before the day is up.

Oh, sorry, I guess I missed a "don't"...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 11, 2013, 10:24:52 am »

vote: mail-mi. Feel pretty good about this. Robz will back me up I think. mail-mi is voting me for playing the game, and not acting like himself at all.

Level-headed explanations to follow.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 11, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

Actually no, that's pretty much it above.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 11, 2013, 10:30:17 am »

So, the case on mail-mi is, being upset at your secret case, even though the secret case (on chairs's towniness) is pro-town and he should like it?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 11, 2013, 10:32:38 am »

Ok, this is starting to be a major part of this game, so let's reread chairs, trying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:00 am »

Ok, this is starting to be a major part of this game, so let's reread chairs, trying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about.

Fine, I'll just tell you.

I think chairs is either a PR or scum.

He clearly has a name to claim, and he thinks only PRs have names to claim.

I thought it through, and I don't see why scum would be the first to express confusion on this point. It's similar to the nkirbit "oh huh is that what town is called" in M31 for those of you who were in that game.

So, I think chairs outed himself as a PR.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:08 am »

So, the case on mail-mi is, being upset at your secret case, even though the secret case (on chairs's towniness) is pro-town and he should like it?

No, I think he's play-acting at being upset by my case. He's never rage-voted before. He's voting me for playing the game, even if he disagrees. He's also not posting "I sheep X, vote Y" which is how town mail-mi usually plays D1.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:26 am »

And I feel better about a mail-mi vote than an ash vote.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:33 am »

That's the conclusion I was coming to as well... I just don't agree with the idea that scum wouldn't do that. To me, all it means is that chairs is not VT. And I'm not even sure of that, he could have been misleading (as a VT, your goals are 1) lynching scum 2) getting NKed).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2013, 10:49:38 am »

That's the conclusion I was coming to as well... I just don't agree with the idea that scum wouldn't do that. To me, all it means is that chairs is not VT. And I'm not even sure of that, he could have been misleading (as a VT, your goals are 1) lynching scum 2) getting NKed).

Why do you think scum wouldn't do that?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2013, 10:50:08 am »

Why do you think scum wouldn't do that?

God, that was worded terribly. Why do you think that chairs could still be scum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2013, 10:51:50 am »

No, I think he's play-acting at being upset by my case. He's never rage-voted before. He's voting me for playing the game, even if he disagrees. He's also not posting "I sheep X, vote Y" which is how town mail-mi usually plays D1.
1. No I am upset cuz I hate hate hate these secret things. 2. So what? 3. Im voting you for secret stuff and now you've said it so unvote. 4. This is regular ash. Not gonna sheep that case.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.