Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 91  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 202047 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2013, 04:34:01 pm »

The point is, ash was a PR and claimed immediately. If he's a PR here, he knows revealing his flavor risks revealing that, so he's comfortable with it.

In DW1, I knew the set-up like the back of my hand, and with the IC, I knew claiming my role there was going to help (and it did).

Right, which is why I trust you here after you said your name - you're either a PR willing to be outed D1, a VT taking a reasonable risk, or scum seeing if they can get away with their claim/mislead town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2013, 04:40:03 pm »

I don't know Dynasty Warriors, so mass-claiming flavor names will not really help me.  However, it could be really useful to certain PR town members (Robz?) as they make decisions for night actions.  I like flavor name claiming.

Or, you know, certain scum.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2013, 04:41:09 pm »

I don't know Dynasty Warriors, so mass-claiming flavor names will not really help me.  However, it could be really useful to certain PR town members (Robz?) as they make decisions for night actions.  I like flavor name claiming.

How? We're not playing a variant, it's not like the Bus Driver would need to know the flavor names of each player.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »

I think the point is, if Robz is scum he could know someone is a PR and tell us he's town ?

I'm really worried about that. Does no one else know Dynasty Warriors at all ? Having one source only is very dangerous, and a big part of the reason we should not flavour/name claim at all I think.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2013, 04:43:20 pm »

tell us he's a VT*
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »

How? We're not playing a variant, it's not like the Bus Driver would need to know the flavor names of each player.
No, he wouldn't.  But it might inform their decision a little more.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:22 pm »

I know some about Dynasty Warriors.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:34 pm »

I think the point is, if Robz is scum he could know someone is a PR and tell us he's town ?

I'm really worried about that. Does no one else know Dynasty Warriors at all ? Having one source only is very dangerous, and a big part of the reason we should not flavour/name claim at all I think.

That's why I asked if there's a wiki with a list of who the Face Officers and No-Face Officers are. Because I went to ash's name's page and it doesn't say he's face or no-face, so I'm quite confused.

Also, I do think I want to vote: chairs.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 04:49:55 pm »

All the warriors gathered should be receiving battle instructions soon. These instruction's will inform you of your Kingdom(Alignment), Name(Flavor), and Role. The game developers have been quite busy working on Dynasty Warriors UltimaXtremeEsNumeroUnolegends 5... so some characters will be using a generic stock model. These are known as No Face Officers(Vanilla Townie)
JK9++ is a setup with a variable amount of town PRs.  Just because someone has a name that may be "powerful" in the story does not mean it will be a PR.  I think what I bolded here seems to imply that "face" and "no-face" officers will not be able to be distinguished due to flavor name.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:19 pm »

All the warriors gathered should be receiving battle instructions soon. These instruction's will inform you of your Kingdom(Alignment), Name(Flavor), and Role. The game developers have been quite busy working on Dynasty Warriors UltimaXtremeEsNumeroUnolegends 5... so some characters will be using a generic stock model. These are known as No Face Officers(Vanilla Townie)
JK9++ is a setup with a variable amount of town PRs.  Just because someone has a name that may be "powerful" in the story does not mean it will be a PR.  I think what I bolded here seems to imply that "face" and "no-face" officers will not be able to be distinguished due to flavor name.

When I read what you bolded, I get the exact opposite impression as you do.  I specifically read that as "Vanilla Townies will be "No Face Officers" in their PM, rather than a named officer".

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:49 pm »

Interesting. It either means that or that everyone is a Face Officer. Either way, seems to make claiming safe.

Also, his advice about not to claim Cao Cao is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if claims weren't provided.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:57 pm »

I think the danger in outing PRs is that scum then knows who the PRs are.   And then they can kill them at night.

That is the danger in flavor claiming.

The flip side is if it outs scum, or puts scum in a small lynch pool we can kill off a day at a time, it may not matter who our PRs are.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »

unvote for sure. Chairs is 99% town I am thinking.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2013, 04:55:20 pm »

What's your thinking about chairs ? I didn't get your vote and I don't get the unvote either. Unless it's something you can't / don't want to share yet.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:18 pm »

Unless it's something you can't / don't want to share yet.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »

That's why I asked if there's a wiki with a list of who the Face Officers and No-Face Officers are. Because I went to ash's name's page and it doesn't say he's face or no-face, so I'm quite confused.

Please see my most recent statement.  "no face officers" are literally just "generic officer A" - people without a special face - or at least that's my impression of the data provided to us.  I believe that claiming names outs our PRs, albeit with the potential that we can WIFOM with scum regarding whether they claim No Face or a named officer.

PPE:

I think the danger in outing PRs is that scum then knows who the PRs are.   And then they can kill them at night.

The flip side is if it outs scum, or puts scum in a small lynch pool we can kill off a day at a time, it may not matter who our PRs are.

My concern is that I don't think the lynch pool will be sufficiently small, and we have to WIFOM whether scum will claim VT (by claiming No Face) or PR (by providing a name).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »

Please see my most recent statement.  "no face officers" are literally just "generic officer A" - people without a special face - or at least that's my impression of the data provided to us.  I believe that claiming names outs our PRs, albeit with the potential that we can WIFOM with scum regarding whether they claim No Face or a named officer.

PPE:

My concern is that I don't think the lynch pool will be sufficiently small, and we have to WIFOM whether scum will claim VT (by claiming No Face) or PR (by providing a name).

Again, my interpretation is that "No Face" and "no name" are not the same thing.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »

Again, my interpretation is that "No Face" and "no name" are not the same thing.
I agree.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »

I'm back to vote: Lekkit. To the scumhunting, gentlemen. Robz may or may not be able to help us with this flavor stuff later.

So far I think chairs is town, small town reads on e and Robz, null on everyone else.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »

PPE:

My interpretation is that they are.  This is based on last game, where they were.

Scum to chum:
Teproc
<null group>
Robz
ashersky
Voltaire

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04:41 pm »

e, what alignment do you think chairs has?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2013, 05:05:00 pm »

What makes me scummy ?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2013, 05:06:53 pm »

What makes me scummy ?

You're against claiming, but I felt your reasoning was kind of forced given we have THE POWER OF THE INTERNET.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:27 pm »

(Note that I'm also against claiming, I just find your line of reasoning kind of scummy).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2013, 05:09:14 pm »

Ok. That's not my only reason to be against it though. The other one is that I have trouble seeing a scenario where flavour claiming is good for town without being broken. There probably is, but I just don't see it myself.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 91  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.