Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs(Town wins!)  (Read 201526 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXVI: Dynasty Warriors Mafia 2 The Battle of Red Cliffs
« Reply #2250 on: February 02, 2014, 08:55:37 am »

Apparently a prod means I am supposed to post something of content... didn't see that in the rules or regulations.

Well I am still not following this game at all so really have no idea what is going on (except that I am apparently still alive), but I can imagine that you guys are about to lynch me and lose (well one of you will win! hint is liopoil). But hey, I tried earlier and you guys showed you didn't give a rat's ass about what I said, so... whatever.... But really this game just stopped being fun, so why do something that isn't fun?

But I should give town at least a chance. so vote: liopoil.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: February 02, 2014, 09:37:58 am »

Yuma, claim now or I hammer you. I probably hammer you after you claim anyway though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 02, 2014, 09:49:59 am »

or xeiron, just post without hammering me and I'll hammer yuma.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 02, 2014, 10:00:14 am »

Both ichimaru gin and robz flipped goon. This means there 3 Ts or 4 Ts. It's impossible for it to be 3 Ts because there would have to be two town PRs, and if both yuma and xeiron were town PRs there wouldn't be any scum. So there is one scum, one town PR, and one VT. I'm the VT. So, for yuma to be town, he would have to be a town PR and xeiron scum. This is why I wanted Yuma to claim. But if yuma is town PR a lot of other things are true:

- he knows xeiron is scum because if he was also a town PR there would be two scum. So he wouldn't be voting for me
- xeiron can quickhammer for the win anyway
- oh, and it's totally implausible for him to be a town PR in general

plus he's super scummy, and xeiron isn't.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 02, 2014, 10:00:43 am »

okay. xeiron wins. But I think I do too.

vote: Yuma

flipflipflipflipflip

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 02, 2014, 10:43:07 am »

vote count 6.1

Yuma (2): xeiron, liopoil
liopoil (2): Yuma

With 3 alive it took two to lynch.

Yuma has been lynched, he was zhang Liao, mafia Jack of all Trades

Town wins!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 02, 2014, 10:45:54 am »

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Great job everyone!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:39 am »

awesome!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 02, 2014, 10:52:40 am »

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/23PYEtHWyViwa speccy!

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/uhBX6rAi9SPC mod qt!(fixed)

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/pRNCiBqUtn6M mafia qt!

Thanks everyone for playing and putting up with all of my mistakes, special thanks to EFHW and archetype for helping out with the co-modding. I had a lot of fun and hope everyone did to, truly sorry if some people had a poor experience. I think I'll leave modding to the more experienced players and focus on playing from now on.

MVP goes to Liopoil for being the last potential town mislynch when all three scum were left alive and making sure not to get lynched. I have decided to not give the MVP to lekkit as he could not complete the game(understandably so)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:51:25 am by mcmcsalot »
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 02, 2014, 10:53:32 am »

on D4:

I'm calling it now then, scumteam is Ichimaru Gin, yuma, and robz.
I think the scumteam is Robz and yuma + a third, probably Ichimaru.

first time two townies both call the correct scumteam before any scum die?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 02, 2014, 10:59:33 am »

Still so frustrated that I said

So this puts the scum in mail-mi/Robz/yuma/Ichi. That seems reasonable.

and then lynched mail-mi.  :(

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: February 02, 2014, 11:26:51 am »

link to mod QT doesn't work.

Interesting that the speccy was just as sure it was robz/yuma/ichi as Teproc and I were. And they didn't even know that one of Teproc/lio was town like teproc/lio did. Well xeiron nailed it too from the same perspective, so there's that.

Didn't realize how controversial the xeiron sub was, I thought it was fine. I mean, nobody knew what his reads would be before he subbed in, and nobody knew lekkit's reads either.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:47 am »

Awesome job liopoil! Also, special shout out to Ichimaru for excellent scum play for his first game!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 02, 2014, 11:51:55 am »

Awesome job liopoil! Also, special shout out to Ichimaru for excellent scum play for his first game!
Also, Teproc! Even with lekkit's hiding, we still needed to pick the two townies out of 5 people. There were 10 different combinations that could be. Teproc and I had to trust each other, and we did.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: February 02, 2014, 12:19:50 pm »

Well done, people !

Yeah, once we had our back and forth day 4, the game was lost for scum basically.

Reading the scum QT now. I see now why Ichimaru was insistent about unsuspected people being scummy : yuma and Robz apparently think that as well. I don't really see why that would be the case, but ok.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: February 02, 2014, 12:59:14 pm »

I agree that liopoil deserves MVP... I was prepared to argue for it in case someone argued otherwise. I think even if Lekkit weren't disqualified, liopoil's play was actually more MVP-worthy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: February 02, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »

yuma, if shraeye had replaced manda in Chocolate Factory town would have won, but it wouldn't have been unfair at all, assuming manda had outed or been prodded 3 times. Replacing with someone not in the speccy seems like the best option to me, as there is no particular reason for their reads to be good. It gets dicey if your only options are from the speccy, but in both cases those would have been good solutions I think.

I feel like you guys feel iffy about the xeiron replacement because you feel like you lost despite playing well. Which is true, but that's not the fault of the replacement, it's because of Lekkit's Hider play and not much else. It sucks, but there's not much to be done about it. I don't think the 2.7/ashersky mod error mattered at all, I'm still surprised Voltaire was giving liopoil town cred for that. It would have been caught at some point by someone, I don't see any reason for scum!liopoil not to do it.

Oh, and I have no idea why you think liopoil's day 3 was scummy. I found it incredibly townie...
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: February 02, 2014, 01:26:36 pm »

yuma, if shraeye had replaced manda in Chocolate Factory town would have won, but it wouldn't have been unfair at all, assuming manda had outed or been prodded 3 times. Replacing with someone not in the speccy seems like the best option to me, as there is no particular reason for their reads to be good. It gets dicey if your only options are from the speccy, but in both cases those would have been good solutions I think.

I feel like you guys feel iffy about the xeiron replacement because you feel like you lost despite playing well. Which is true, but that's not the fault of the replacement, it's because of Lekkit's Hider play and not much else. It sucks, but there's not much to be done about it. I don't think the 2.7/ashersky mod error mattered at all, I'm still surprised Voltaire was giving liopoil town cred for that. It would have been caught at some point by someone, I don't see any reason for scum!liopoil not to do it.

Oh, and I have no idea why you think liopoil's day 3 was scummy. I found it incredibly townie...

I think it would have been incredibly unfair to scum to replace manda.

We are iffy about the xeiron replacement because it decreased our odds of winning, and it seems wrong to me that a town-created issue should be able to put scum in a worse position.

I mean, you have to understand this at least on an intuitive level. We played 3 game days with Lekkit, not with xeiron. Then we come to the end of a fourth day and suddenly we are no longer playing with Lekkit, but we are playing with xeiron, someone who comes in with an unshakable scum read on me. Yes, I was obviously scum to him and everyone in the spec thread, do you want me to just give up? I wa splaying my hardest to "muddy the waters," to confuse and disorient the townies playing the game. Swapping someone else in at the last minute nullified this entire strategy.

I mean I realize I'm coming off bitter here. I'm not meaning to be bitter, I think town played a terrible game, had the benefit of an extremely fortuitous night action, and then played amazing. I'm blown away by the fact that no one, not once, even considered that Lekkit's claim could have been a lie, which was completely the right thing to do, as it turned out, and was just a sort of very good, town reading the situation.

But town still mislynched at that point, and we only needed one more to win. I think odds were always against us getting it at that point, as we admitted in our scum QT. I think the odds declined even further because of the substitution (I mean, they declined to about 1% because it turned out xeiron's reads were disastrous for scum, but I believe any substitution at that point was going to work against scum by voiding my strategy).

I will say again, I don't think this is a case of the mod having done "the wrong thing." The game was modded perfectly fine. It's at least semi-consistent with what has happened previously--we've had I believe one equally late-game substitution, in Chocolate Factory, and a Day 3 substitution in Pirates 2. I've never before considered the effect substitutions have on the opposing faction's strategy, because I have never been in a position where the disadvantage was immediately obvious to me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: February 02, 2014, 01:33:56 pm »

No one considered the Lekkit claim to be a lie ? That's not true. I did at least, and concluded it was an unlikely fake claim.  Also helped that I (and many others I think) already had a town read on Lekkit at that point.

I'm not sure why a replacement voids your strategy, since... a replacement still reads the thread ? The speccy had you figured out yes, but xeiron was not in the speccy. I would agree with you if someone from the speccy had replaced.

I guess you mean you were playing to Lekkit's meta/activity/reads this game, and replacing him changed that. Ok. But town plays to other people's meta/reads as well. Like, if liopoil had been replaced, I could say the same thing you did.

Which means I agree, I guess ? But I don't think there was any other realistic option. So yeah, we agree actually, cool.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: February 02, 2014, 02:14:24 pm »

Thanks :). Near the end though especially, I slipped more--part of that was due to school and I couldn't keep things up as well.
But overall, I really enjoyed this game. It was a ton of fun being scum in my first game, but I think I'm eager to see how I'll play as town too.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: February 02, 2014, 02:52:11 pm »

oh yay i won.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: February 03, 2014, 06:34:52 am »

I agree with MVP to Liopoil. He did a great job at the start of day 4 to convince me you was town.
Creds to Teproc as well. He also did a good job in conveying his towniness.

Thanks :). Near the end though especially, I slipped more--part of that was due to school and I couldn't keep things up as well.
But overall, I really enjoyed this game. It was a ton of fun being scum in my first game, but I think I'm eager to see how I'll play as town too.
I do not think Ichimaru slipped that much. It was not easy to see that he was scum, and I caught him more by PoE that by slips.
But never voting for your scummates I think was a mistake, and strong evidence against Yuma after Ichimaru was caucht.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: February 03, 2014, 01:26:59 pm »

I agree with MVP to Liopoil. He did a great job at the start of day 4 to convince me you was town.
Creds to Teproc as well. He also did a good job in conveying his towniness.

I do not think Ichimaru slipped that much. It was not easy to see that he was scum, and I caught him more by PoE that by slips.
But never voting for your scummates I think was a mistake, and strong evidence against Yuma after Ichimaru was caucht.

Oh. Well that's good to hear then. There's probably a tendency for me to think that just because I knew that I really was scum.

Yeah, people had guessed the scumteam a couple of times. And then after being right on the first two members--it was definitely heading in that direction.

I mentioned voting or one/both of them at different times, but probably should have followed through with that. Something to keep in mind for next time ;D
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]  All

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 19 queries.