Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Author Topic: Resistance: Avalon - Advanced (Good wins!)  (Read 21296 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon - Advanced (Good wins!)
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2013, 08:37:21 pm »

Walrus, how sure were you that Mail-mi was evil lancelot? I was trying to signal to you, but I'm not sure how much it affected your decision.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon - Advanced
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2013, 08:38:07 pm »

This is tough for Merlin. Even if good win, it's 1/3, and it shouldnt be hard to disqualify good lancelot (1/2 known, 1/2 time easy to figure out), so spies have a good chance of guessing. Luckily Walrus and I were on the same page and both played him up as Merlin and myself as Percival.

If Good Lancelot ends up Evil, both Merlin and Percival should claim GL, to bring it back to 1/3.

But Mordred will know who Good Lancelot is, since he started as Evil Lancelot, right?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2013, 08:43:04 pm »

This is tough for Merlin. Even if good win, it's 1/3, and it shouldnt be hard to disqualify good lancelot (1/2 known, 1/2 time easy to figure out), so spies have a good chance of guessing. Luckily Walrus and I were on the same page and both played him up as Merlin and myself as Percival.

If Good Lancelot ends up Evil, both Merlin and Percival should claim GL, to bring it back to 1/3.

But Mordred will know who Good Lancelot is, since he started as Evil Lancelot, right?

Uh so the way I think of it is Good Lancelot and Evil Lancelot are the character names, and they do not swap, only their alignments swap. So GL could end up Evil, but his name is still Good Lancelot. Maybe that's confusing for some people, I don't know.
So Mordred knows who Evil Lancelot is, and if Evil Lancelot ends up Good then he doesn't know his teammate, Good Lancelot. So Merlin and Percival should both claim Good Lancelot (who is Evil).

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2013, 08:43:51 pm »

nice! I thought it was walrus too, hence my scrambling at the end... very well done TA and walrus!

I never really did much... I didn't know what my motives were! all I really wanted was to get myself in a position to be on missions once I knew my alignment... which didn't work out.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:44 pm »

I knew you were Good Lancelot as soon as I figured out Walrus was Percival, but I think that if I put Walrus/TA/Liopoil M4, it would have been too obvious. I was comfortable putting Walrus/TA/Mail-mi, knowing that I had the hammer for M5 to put the correct team.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »

nice! I thought it was walrus too, hence my scrambling at the end... very well done TA and walrus!

I never really did much... I didn't know what my motives were! all I really wanted was to get myself in a position to be on missions once I knew my alignment... which didn't work out.

Yeah, I feel like it's hard for the Lancelots to figure out what they're doing if they don't know what alignment they'll end up as. If you've read the Lancelot rules, the 2nd suggested variant fixes this by having all swaps public at the start of the game, so everyone knows which will be which at all times. This could be interesting, but I feel like it takes away from the mystery of the Lancelots. A third way that I came up with that I'd like to try out some time is for only the Lancelots to know when they'll swap. So they'll both know what alignment they'll be when, but no one else will.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »

:'(
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2013, 08:55:05 pm »

I was actually quite sure of that last mission based on the following reasoning:

M1 means very little because it's M1.
M2, I knew Twisted and I are good, so I know Arch is evil.
M3, mail-mi succeeds. I didn't think that at that point he would do a decoy pass as scum. So I figured he must be good Lancelot at that point. And then the allegiances switched back.

In fact, when Twisted was talking about Excalibur right before M4, I was like SHUT UP, don't make mail-mi suspicious! Lol. So I had to try to play it cool.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2013, 09:02:38 pm »

ooo, I should have been more aware that my fellow resistance members knew much more than I did...

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2013, 09:04:10 pm »

Great work if you're Merlin, TA.

Great job TA! And Walrus! And liopoil!

Twisted just seemed too...obvious as Merlin. Like that "Well mail-mi is always scum" Or something to that effect was a big reason why I figured you weren't Merlin, but you were! I also figured out liopoil was my secret partner because he rejected the same mission I did post-Lancelot switch. And Walrus accepted, even though he wasn't on the mission. So I figured he must've known something about mail-mi's alignment 'cause he wanted MM on the mission after the switch. But really nice play, you had me fooled.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2013, 09:15:33 pm »

Great game all! I had a lot of fun.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »

I think a problem that this game can have, particularly with Avalon roles, is that because everyone has something to hide, it can be hard to generate discussion. In Mafia, generally the game gets to the point where Town members can put every single thought they have out there, whereas here everyone has a filter. Maybe the way to get past that is for people to better learn strategies etc of the game so people can lead discussion without giving away whether they're Merlin.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2013, 10:29:13 pm »

I definitely know what you mean Jimmmmm. Especially with the Lancelots...I had mixed feelings about those roles. But it's interesting, it makes you choose your words very carefully.

Who's gonna host the next one? I wouldn't mind, if nobody else wants to.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2013, 10:42:09 pm »

I definitely know what you mean Jimmmmm. Especially with the Lancelots...I had mixed feelings about those roles. But it's interesting, it makes you choose your words very carefully.

Who's gonna host the next one? I wouldn't mind, if nobody else wants to.

I'll play!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2013, 11:41:10 pm »

Oh, we had a couple of speccy QTs.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Page created in 2.003 seconds with 20 queries.