Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Please give me those Curses  (Read 727 times)

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Please give me those Curses
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:35:26 pm »
+4

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20131101/log.516d42ace4b082c74d7b6706.1383354696618.txt

Code: [Select]
Poor House, Native Village, Develop, Cutpurse, Young Witch, Band of Misfits, Embassy, Highway, Mandarin, Adventurer, Altar
On this board, Develop was the Bane card. I decided to completely ignore Young Witch. I didn't even grab Develops right away. I figured I'd let my opponent Curse me all he wanted. I'd Develop those Curses into Poor Houses, and I'd Develop some of those Poor Houses into Native Villages. With a lot of junk in my deck, those Poor Houses would allow me to score some quick points. And then I'd end the game on three empty piles: Poor Houses, Native Villages, and Curses.

As you can see, all went according to plan. Quite a masterpiece, if I do say so myself.

Actually, I didn't plan anything of the sort. This game came at the end of a horrible session; my frustration was at its peak, and I was pretty much incapable of planning anything. My thought process was something like this: "I'll click this card. Now I'll click that card. Now I'll click that other card. I'm getting all the Curses. This isn't working. I'm going to lose again." Glad to see I bumbled my way into a win.  ;D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.