Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41  All

Author Topic: BM14: f.ds Meta Mafia! (Cult and Jester win!)  (Read 87992 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: BM14: f.ds Meta Mafia! (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2013, 03:41:54 pm »

I don't think you can or should read anything into my behavior so far. But I am going to vote for you.

vote: Voltgloss
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2013, 03:42:23 pm »

Vote: sudgy

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

unvote all

vote: sudgy

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »

I should make clear that I am not the mod.

Vote: ashersky
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2013, 04:03:31 pm »

Vote Count 1.9:

ashersky (6): Dsell2, sudgy1, lio1, xeiron1, chairs1, EFHW2
Dsell (1): Dsell1
shraeye (2): EFHW1, mail-mi1
sparky5856 (5): xeiron1, faust1, Voltaire1, Jimmmmm1, walrus1
yuma (1): faust2
Walrus (1): 2.72
chairs (2): 2.71, chairs2
insomniac (1): Voltaire2
sudgy (6): TA1, mail-mi2, sudgy2, walrus2, lio2, mcmc1
Voltgloss (1): Robz1

On Day 1, it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on November 20 at 4:18 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »

If you are not the mod, then who are you really?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2013, 03:08:10 pm »

Come on everybody, vote ash and sudgy and lynch them both at once!
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2013, 03:24:54 pm »

Hey, jack, get off sparky. We know he's not in the game. Trust me, I know what i'm talking about.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2013, 03:33:30 pm »

Hey, jack, get off sparky. We know he's not in the game. Trust me, I know what i'm talking about.
I don't see the difference, but if you insists.
unvote: sparky5856

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2013, 03:40:46 pm »

Fine, vote: sudgy
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2013, 03:46:36 pm »

Vote: sudgy

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2013, 03:47:16 pm »

Someone hammer!!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »

I object to you not revealing your source of information

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2013, 03:48:33 pm »

Um... the fact that we lynched sparky and he wasn't lynched?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2013, 03:49:41 pm »

Um... the fact that we lynched sparky and he wasn't lynched?
thank you. Now, I continue to insist that everyone else who has said things without explaining why do so immediately.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2013, 03:58:29 pm »

I find myself agreeing with everything liopoil has said this game. What a guy.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2013, 04:25:03 pm »

All, right.  I haven't said much at all, but it is night for Toy Story, so I will get some of my thoughts down.  First of all, this game is absolutely crazy, the probability that we get a correct lynch through D1 is basically zero.  With that in mind, what do we do?  Just pick a person, and whoever is the unfortunate player whose meta it is gets lynched?  Of course not!  We should analyze the situation carefully and then pick a random person and get them lynched, with about the same amount of confidence that we would have had lynching in the first 24 hours.  (poor sparky)

Ok.  To analyze the game there are a few things we must consider. 
Setup Elements:

1) There will be no mod lying whatsoever*. (See #2 role on role inclusion.)
2) Anything written by a mod in mod color and format is absolutely true.
3) All players have two active votes. They may not be on the same player.
4) All players will be assigned an f.ds meta. As an example, Archetype may be assigned the meta of EFHW. If the town wants to lynch Archetype during the day, votes must be for "EFHW" and not "Archetype." If scum wants to kill Archetype at night, the target given to the mods in the kill order must be "EFHW" and not "Archetype."
5) For any and all other "targeting," actual player names should be used.
6) Players may not claim their meta. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.
7) Players may not claim their role. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.
8) Players may not quote, paraphrase, or mention anything from any PM received from the mods at any time during the game, including in QTs. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.

9) The only exception to #8 is alignment. Players may claim their alignment at any time.
10) Each day, the town may collectively decide to inspect the corpse of a dead player. The player being inspected must have been dead for at least "24 hours," which means 2 game phases, including the phase in which it died (day/night). This inspection will reveal the alignment of the corpse.
11) Metas, alignments, and roles will all be rolled and assigned at random, except for the ones that aren't.
Ok well that didn't help much. Or does it?  Basically, I see a lot of stuff we can't do.  We can't claim our meta.  We can't claim our role.  Even if we know a meta, we still don't know the role or alignment.  But we can claim alignment.  Perfect.  Something we can use.  Now, the best thing about that is that we can only have town or mafia.  Further, there should be a proportionate amount of mafia to town.  for example, about 1/3 of us could be mafia.  Or about 1/5.  or 13/19.  or 7/19.  But it will be some proportion.  That is an irrefutable fact.  And in a game with such uncertainty irrefutable facts are not to be taken lightly.  So I agree with Eevee that we should do an alignment claim.  Since that is the only thing we are able to talk about, lets talk about it.  Some of you I know will be claiming town, but I already have some strong scum reads on you, so don't think I won't call you out.  If you are scum, go ahead and claim.  We still need to figure out your meta, so it will be relatively safe for you.  But this way, we can at least know how many scum we are dealing with.  (unless it gets changed overnight) And scum will know if they are dealing with another scum team or not.  So it helps everyone.  In a game where knowledge is king, the only knowledge we can share is alignment, so lets do so.  The game is set up in such a way that the only thing we can talk about is if we are town or scum, so lets start talking and lets get a good lynch done.  We are running out of time.  Only 3 days left.

I will start.  I am town.  (see. That wasn't so hard)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2013, 04:25:48 pm »

I'm Town!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2013, 04:26:48 pm »

Everyone will claim town and we won't learn anything, I don't see the point?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2013, 04:27:45 pm »

All, right.  I haven't said much at all, but it is night for Toy Story, so I will get some of my thoughts down.  First of all, this game is absolutely crazy, the probability that we get a correct lynch through D1 is basically zero.  With that in mind, what do we do?  Just pick a person, and whoever is the unfortunate player whose meta it is gets lynched?  Of course not!  We should analyze the situation carefully and then pick a random person and get them lynched, with about the same amount of confidence that we would have had lynching in the first 24 hours.  (poor sparky)

Setup Elements:

4) All players will be assigned an f.ds meta. As an example, Archetype may be assigned the meta of EFHW. If the town wants to lynch Archetype during the day, votes must be for "EFHW" and not "Archetype." If scum wants to kill Archetype at night, the target given to the mods in the kill order must be "EFHW" and not "Archetype."
6) Players may not claim their meta. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.
7) Players may not claim their role. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.
8) Players may not quote, paraphrase, or mention anything from any PM received from the mods at any time during the game, including in QTs. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.

9) The only exception to #8 is alignment. Players may claim their alignment at any time.
10) Each day, the town may collectively decide to inspect the corpse of a dead player. The player being inspected must have been dead for at least "24 hours," which means 2 game phases, including the phase in which it died (day/night). This inspection will reveal the alignment of the corpse.
11) Metas, alignments, and roles will all be rolled and assigned at random, except for the ones that aren't.
Ok well that didn't help much. Or does it?  Basically, I see a lot of stuff we can't do.  We can't claim our meta.  We can't claim our role.  Even if we know a meta, we still don't know the role or alignment.  But we can claim alignment.  Perfect.  Something we can use.  Now, the best thing about that is that we can only have town or mafia.  Further, there should be a proportionate amount of mafia to town.  for example, about 1/3 of us could be mafia.  Or about 1/5.  or 13/19.  or 7/19.  But it will be some proportion.  That is an irrefutable fact.  And in a game with such uncertainty irrefutable facts are not to be taken lightly.  So I agree with Eevee that we should do an alignment claim.  Since that is the only thing we are able to talk about, lets talk about it.  Some of you I know will be claiming town, but I already have some strong scum reads on you, so don't think I won't call you out.  If you are scum, go ahead and claim.  We still need to figure out your meta, so it will be relatively safe for you.  But this way, we can at least know how many scum we are dealing with.  (unless it gets changed overnight) And scum will know if they are dealing with another scum team or not.  So it helps everyone.  In a game where knowledge is king, the only knowledge we can share is alignment, so lets do so.  The game is set up in such a way that the only thing we can talk about is if we are town or scum, so lets start talking and lets get a good lynch done.  We are running out of time.  Only 3 days left.

or, instead of putting real effort in and typing up long posts, you could just vote for sudgy and be done with it :)

Also, do you have a hidden reason for wanting an alignment claim? reveal it at once!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2013, 04:28:09 pm »

I'm town.

He's not claiming town.

unvote: shraeye
vote: yuma

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2013, 04:29:54 pm »

I'm town.

He's not claiming town.

unvote: shraeye
vote: yuma

nooo, yuma is redacted, vote for sudgy!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2013, 04:30:32 pm »

Everyone already knows I'm town, why bother claiming what's already common knowledge?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2013, 04:34:14 pm »

Setup Elements:

or, instead of putting real effort in and typing up long posts, you could just vote for sudgy and be done with it :)

Also, do you have a hidden reason for wanting an alignment claim? reveal it at once!
EXACTLY.   you caught on.  EVERYONE has hidden reasons for EVERYTHING.  AND no one can say anything about them.  The game set-up tells us so.  So the only thing we can do from there is talk about our alignments.  I see you haven't claimed yours yet.  I understand.  Claiming scum is always tough.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »

Ok, you got me, I am scum.

Just kidding, I'm town. Duh.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41  All

Page created in 3.214 seconds with 19 queries.