Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 156335 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)
« Reply #1700 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »

So in the end, I think Arch would have busdriven me and EFHW, trying to get an innocent result on me.
That's exactly what I would have done! I sent a PM to TA and Voltaire my night actions in case I didn't get lynched, and those were what they were for the exact reason you described.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 12, 2014, 09:04:24 pm »

Oh...the game's over? I haven't been able to access the forums all day.

Good game all! I had a lot of fun with this one. Thanks to Voltaire for modding (and giving me a cool role) and thanks town for not mislynching me!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 12, 2014, 10:16:33 pm »

Thanks for the game, Voltaire. I really enjoyed the setup.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 12, 2014, 11:07:44 pm »

Had Xeiron redirected anyone other than Walrus, town would've had a game with zero town deaths.  Curse you, Xeiron!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 12, 2014, 11:08:45 pm »

Oh wait, that's just not true.  Never mind.  Had it landed on PPS, we would have had a perfect game.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 13, 2014, 03:47:52 am »

Wow, that was a neat town win. Time travel is a lot of fun, and I think worth exploring some more in upcoming RMM games.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 13, 2014, 10:20:41 am »

Voltaire, you indicated you had some analysis on my fakeclaim you were reserving for after the game.

Yes, I did!

Your fake claim was very similar to Clara's original role (before reg/BP was in the game). She was going to have a 1-shot Doctoring power that would protect the Doctor (EFHW) no matter where in time he had traveled to that night. I ended up cutting it because I thought BP was more cool, and I couldn't get a logical, non-insanely complicated ruleset for just exactly how it would work.

So when you fake-claimed basically that role, I was excited to see what would happen. I also wondered how it would work with EFHW's un-revealed companion power - would she find it more or less likely given that she could also pick her own companion? Unfortunately your claim didn't play very well with the time travel rules, and I think was a decent factor in your lynch. It's unfortunate, because it was a crazy complicated RMM fakeclaim and that's the sort of thing I want to see work out for scum one of these days.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 13, 2014, 10:37:24 am »

I came so close to using "a doctor" instead of "the doctor" but I didn't want to be seen as directly implicating sudgy which I was very much trying to do. Playing scum, to me, is about identifying the obvious route and playing against it. It's a hard line to take because you are effectively making it damned hard on yourself. The regen thing, well, hell I had to put that it in there because that's what made me valuable. That EFHW had regen was just a dire circumstance to the claim. I think it still damned "a doctor" line because it still covered her twice. In retrospect I could have left time travel out of the claim entirely because at that point no one was questioning how I would protect someone without traveling with them. I think EFHW would have warmed to the question eventually, though. She really impressed me with her methodical deductions. I'm not nearly that good. I play far more by perception plus for some reason I'm more often scum to begin with where it's more about distortion and dissonance.

My parting play was strictly to smokescreen ashersky. I'm not nearly such a poor sport.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 14, 2014, 03:18:05 pm »

Thanks for running this, Voltaire!  Cool roles and game mechanics!

Yeah, what was up with the tree-stump?  Was there a catch?  I still think that it's a weird role to have in this type of game, because I'd be extremely disappointed to draw that role.. it does not look like a fun role to draw.

Flavor reason - VERY early in the show (1960s), the Doctor travels with his granddaughter (!). She is horrible, whiny, and he just strands her in the future on Earth when she meets a guy she likes. The show has never explained how the Doctor came to have a granddaughter, and she's almost never referenced in any way. So, how do you turn the Doctor's granddaughter (Susan Foreman) into a role? Tree stump. It can't be anything but Tree Stump.

Mod reason - it's weird, and I hoped, distracting. Such a role has to be town, but...why? It creates the possibility for town to think itself in circles over something that doesn't matter very much, detracting from scumhunting. The 1-shot ability was to make sure the role actually had something fun related to it.

The only way chairs would un-stump was if EFHW (The Doctor) chose chairs (Susan) as his companion N1. I knew this was unlikely to happen, but wanted the possibility of unstumping to exist.

I will fully admit this was the closest thing to something Bastard about this setup, and I'm very grateful for chairs for being cool with it. It's up to the player to decide how much they wanted to be involved in the game, and chairs clearly lost interest. I knew there was a risk that would happen.

Personally, I thought the strongest use of the Psychic part was to check for Bus or Redirect, but chair's choice of Recruit was good too.

I didn't really lose a ton of interest, but I honestly felt like every time I talked it just started throwing Town in circles about whether I was Town.  Hence I withdrew, and Town went back to scumhunting.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 14, 2014, 03:26:30 pm »

Woah, I missed the game ending!  :/
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]  All

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 20 queries.