Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169863 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day3)
« Reply #1400 on: December 17, 2013, 04:32:06 pm »

Vote: Voltaire This is scum Voltaire. Teproc is also scum...

Do you have, like, reasons?

Yep. Well, POE, and I don't find manda and mcmc all that scummy, and you are more muted and less of a leader as scum, as you have been all this game.

That's Eevee's "Voltaire isn't awesome" mislynch case against me from GoT. Which was/is quite flattering. And wrong.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 17, 2013, 05:00:38 pm »

Vote: Robz. Will also vote mcmc.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 17, 2013, 05:07:53 pm »

Ah, you are so wrong! It's Teproc and Voltaire, hands down.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 17, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »

I just reread robz
Highlights (sorry on my kindle so I won't do all the referencing quite like I did with the others yet.)

D1
Super jokey to start. Claiming IC and #discredittheic are two examples of that. One interesting thing I found was in 539. Robz has a little back and forth with ashersky. It is so easy, and so quick, it could be easily something scum does to gain a little town credit after a flip. (Assuming daychat) then in 558 robz does not include ashersky as a part of the people who seem scummy in the jorbles vote. Not to much else before the morgrim thing. He was for the morgrim lynch, but town and scum both voted morgrim.

D2
Maintains jimmm being scummy over ashersky. The whole day. Never wavers. Until the counter claim. He is then quick enough to vote ashersky. Doesn't comment on a whole lot else.

D3
Starts against me, but after being reminded about a couple things goes off me pretty quickly.

Summary: slightly scummy. Robz has been very useful and active, but I found him to be that way in toy story as well where he was scum. I tend to think he is just a good player who knows what it means to be useful. Which makes the jorbles kill still confuse me. Why not target a a robz or Voltaire if they are town? Why target jorbles? I still don't get it. Linking forward to reading the scum qt when this is over to see their thought process. An interesting point though: if robz is scum, I think either he or ash was the traitor. I just really don't see robz/ash drawing scum and picking any PRs.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 17, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »

One more point: I am not ready to vote for anyone. There is really no need to build up wagons for analysis at this point. I will probably withhold my vote until after mcmc gets back.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 17, 2013, 05:25:46 pm »

No vote NOW for Voltaire please.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 17, 2013, 05:33:15 pm »

Same.

vote: Robz. I've thought about what he said more, and it makes even less sense. I've only been scum once! And Robz tunnels me when he's scum, M31 being the classic example.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 17, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »

I really do want to go back and look at that jorbles NK now that we have more information.  I think it would be useful for everyone to look at ash and think why he would go for a jorbles NK.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 17, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »

I really do want to go back and look at that jorbles NK now that we have more information.  I think it would be useful for everyone to look at ash and think why he would go for a jorbles NK.

Jorbles suspected ash. That and/or PR hunting, I'd assume. (Oh, and Robz too! I'd forgotten that)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 17, 2013, 05:43:55 pm »

Yeah I don't think Jorbles nightkill analysis is going to be super helpful.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: December 17, 2013, 05:45:24 pm »

Same.

vote: Robz. I've thought about what he said more, and it makes even less sense. I've only been scum once! And Robz tunnels me when he's scum, M31 being the classic example.

Well, you are my nemesis. But this time, you are the scum.

Actually, I'm reasonably enough convinced that its Teproc and Voltaire that I wouldn't mind being lynched today, PROVIDED ALL OUR PR PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME ONCE I'M DEAD. I will be very cross if you follow up my mislynch with manda's and mcmc's.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 17, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »

Same.

Well, you are my nemesis. But this time, you are the scum.

Actually, I'm reasonably enough convinced that its Teproc and Voltaire that I wouldn't mind being lynched today, PROVIDED ALL OUR PR PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME ONCE I'M DEAD. I will be very cross if you follow up my mislynch with manda's and mcmc's.

Why do you believe mcmc is Town?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 17, 2013, 05:48:07 pm »

That would just be terrible if you're town...two mislynches and one unknown. You're tunneling.

I cannot see this statement making any sense from a town point of view.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »

I'm not super confident on that. I'm more confident that Teproc and Voltaire ARE scum, and I really don't think manda is.

Mcmc was really into this game to start with, and then like started lurking... uh, which actually might fit what scum mcmc might do, perhaps he was warned to be more lurky after all the initial suspicion.

But we can't do much with mcmc right now with him gone.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »

Voltaire, you are resorting to my scum tactic, you are trying to discredit me! See, he knows I will flip town and that will be bad for him. I have him so, so caught.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 17, 2013, 05:50:58 pm »

That would just be terrible if you're town...two mislynches and one unknown. You're tunneling.

I cannot see this statement making any sense from a town point of view.

It makes perfect sense, I don't NEED to live, I need to be listened to. Obviously I'd prefer not to be lynched, but I'm most concerned about how you will control the game when I'm dead. So I'm posting that warning.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 17, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »

Voltaire, you are resorting to my scum tactic, you are trying to discredit me! See, he knows I will flip town and that will be bad for him. I have him so, so caught.

Today I have three candidates. I think two of them are scum. One of them pushes a case against a nearly-IC (e) and then one on me. I'm voting you because I now think you're the most likely to flip scum, and the more you post the better I feel about it.

What was up with you thinking I'd agree with you on e?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 17, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »

Hmm yes, so Robz you would bet the game on Volt and Teproc both being scum?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 17, 2013, 05:55:08 pm »

Mcmc was really into this game to start with, and then like started lurking... uh, which actually might fit what scum mcmc might do, perhaps he was warned to be more lurky after all the initial suspicion.

This also makes me ok with an mcmc lynch instead of Robz, because mcmc is himself scummy and this could also easily be Robz noting how a partner is scummy.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:16 pm »

Hmm yes, so Robz you would bet the game on Volt and Teproc both being scum?

Well, I have to bet the game on 2 of Voltaire, Teproc, mcmc, and manda being scum. That's just, that's overwhelmingly likely to be where all the scum are.

I would most readily eliminate manda from that pool, and most enthusiastically suggest Voltaire.

I could be wrong, sure.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 17, 2013, 06:40:01 pm »

Well, I have to bet the game on 2 of Voltaire, Teproc, mcmc, and manda being scum. That's just, that's overwhelmingly likely to be where all the scum are.

Didn't you vote for e earlier Today?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 17, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »

Didn't you vote for e earlier Today?

Yes, I was working through things, that's what we should all do. It was thinking in action, and everything clicks much better now than it did even at the start of this day.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 17, 2013, 07:26:23 pm »

Sorry Robz, but I have to say I also find your behavior over the past couple pages to be unsettling. Voltaire is a possibility, sure. Both you and he are definitively within the POE crosshairs so far as I'm concerned. But if I had to choose between you and him right now, I would lynch you. Teproc has got the two night results working for him, so that's a reason not to lynch him today. Of course Robz has a failed roleblock from N1, which must be considered, but that was a long time ago and there were more scum alive then...

I like the mcmc lynch better right now though. Especially considering that I get the feeling Robz is trying to steer away from that, to defend mcmc and find some other lynch prospect...it could be an informative lynch in that regard. I could imagine a Robz/mcmc team rounding out the scum.

But then I still think it's possible Robz is town--for example, he pushed pretty hard D2 to lynch ash after my counterclaim. I'm not sure about the "tunneling" thing--it seems to me like he's sort of been hopping his vote around a lot? That seems kind of like the opposite of tunneling. But maybe my perception is off on that. He seems a little more...exuberant?...than I was expecting this game.

So I'm OK with a Robz wagon but it's not my favorite.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 17, 2013, 07:29:54 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

mcmc (1): Walrus
Voltaire (1): Robz
Robz (2): Jimmmmm, Voltaire

Not Voting (4): Teproc, manda, mcmcsalot, 2.7

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Day3 will end December 27 at 8:00 pm forum time. (10 days + 2 for Christmas)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 17, 2013, 07:38:18 pm »

Sorry Robz, but I have to say I also find your behavior over the past couple pages to be unsettling. Voltaire is a possibility, sure. Both you and he are definitively within the POE crosshairs so far as I'm concerned. But if I had to choose between you and him right now, I would lynch you. Teproc has got the two night results working for him, so that's a reason not to lynch him today. Of course Robz has a failed roleblock from N1, which must be considered, but that was a long time ago and there were more scum alive then...

I like the mcmc lynch better right now though. Especially considering that I get the feeling Robz is trying to steer away from that, to defend mcmc and find some other lynch prospect...it could be an informative lynch in that regard. I could imagine a Robz/mcmc team rounding out the scum.

But then I still think it's possible Robz is town--for example, he pushed pretty hard D2 to lynch ash after my counterclaim. I'm not sure about the "tunneling" thing--it seems to me like he's sort of been hopping his vote around a lot? That seems kind of like the opposite of tunneling. But maybe my perception is off on that. He seems a little more...exuberant?...than I was expecting this game.

So I'm OK with a Robz wagon but it's not my favorite.

Walrus: Everything you just said about me correct, and if you had played more games with me, you would know this makes me town. I'm definitely all over the place, and I'm definitely exuberant. It's because I'm town and I think we're going to win and this is the fun part of the game for me (when I'm scum, the whole game is the fun part of the game).

I would point you to Day 3 (I think it's 3) of Wibbly Wobbly Mafia, which was Mafia XXIX. I certainly went a tad crazy and actually zeroed in on the town Vig to begin with, outing him. But after that I had all the puzzle pieces put together, we lynched based on my recommendations, and won (and I got my first town MVP!). This game is that game. And Voltaire was scum then and I caught him.

I'm not as sure this time, mostly because I have a lot of new meta info on Voltaire since that game, that was actually made it harder for me to read him. But intuitively, this game feels to me like that game. I mean, it shoudl and would persuade you that I'm town, if you had been in that game. Unfortunately, no one here was, except Voltaire.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.