Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 172312 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day1)
« Reply #625 on: December 02, 2013, 03:55:12 pm »

Day1 will end in 12 days (10+2 for Thanksgiving) on December 4 at 10 pm forum time[/color]
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 02, 2013, 03:55:53 pm »

Maybe we should just lynch Morgrim.

At worst, we lynched Morgrim. No offense, Morgrim.

Vote: Morgrim?
Mmm...yeah...no. I think not. This seems like OMGUS? FoS: Robz

How is it OMGUS? You never voted for Robz. Your FoS looks like OMGUS.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 02, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »

Mmm...yeah...no. I think not. This seems like OMGUS? FoS: Robz

Isn't OMGUS when you vote for someone who just accused/voted for you ?

PPE : I could have sworn the soft deadline was today. I actually thought that was the reason the Jorbles wagon went so quickly.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2013, 03:56:58 pm »

Yeah, what Morgrim did is OMGUS, not what I did.

I don't actually remember him even being this insane. It seems fake. Well, I know it's fake, because I know he's not actually crazy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »

It all adds up to vote: walrus at this point.  Better option than Jorbles.  Crumbled under pressure, a sure fire way to catch scum.

I just finished re-reading Walrus and I just do not see a case on him at all, especially not "crumbling under pressure". In GoT we (and I really think it was town, I don't think scum helped out at all) mislynched Walrus for playing like newbie scum and he was town.
I think this situation looks scummier on Ashersky than it does on Walrus.  From the progression of votes to his interaction with Walrus, Ashersky is earning a spot on my "scummy looking" list
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 02, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »

I don't actually remember him even being this insane. It seems fake. Well, I know it's fake, because I know he's not actually crazy.

Me neither. It feels very different. My pause is because this is his first game in awhile, so is he having difficulty getting back into "town" character?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 02, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »

But what do we learn from lynching Morgrim?

Same thing I said about jorbles applies here though. Day one its okay, this isn't crunch time, if morgrim get a pass from posting real helpfull content today, when do we draw the line, will that be too late? So I think people need to participate(even though some people find that scummy...) and interact or else we can't figure out who scum is. vote: morgrim till he does something helpfull.
More? Interesting. Veeeery interesting. I think I will do something useful, starting by claiming. I am a tracker. Each night, I choose someone and moddy Yuma tells me who, if anyone, that person targeted.
I can be more helpful, if you want.
Care for an apple?

And gah, you're all all not understanding. I think Robz is scummy cause...what reason does he have to vote for me? It kinda looks like he's just doing it cause there's nobody better. And yeah, that's scummy...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 02, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »

I think this situation looks scummier on Ashersky than it does on Walrus.  From the progression of votes to his interaction with Walrus, Ashersky is earning a spot on my "scummy looking" list

Then vote!

PPE: ???????

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 02, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »

God damn it, Morgrim.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 02, 2013, 04:03:15 pm »

This post gets him in trouble with 2.7, who is now pretty much confirmed town (I guess a few people still haven't come in to not counterclaim, but it seems like a very risky and pointless fakeclaim anyway). Calling the three people who were active at the time is a bit scummy (notice that Robz does the exact same thing one post below), except that he does make a choice here with his 2.7 vote, which makes it less scummy than waiting to see who ends up getting the most votes out of the 3.

Though I agree we shouldn't lynch him today, but I don't consider 2.7 to be confirmed town. His claim makes sense from a scum perspective as much as it does from a town one. If you are scum and you think you're going to be lynched you should claim something in this setup. If someone counterclaims at least you've outed a PR and given your team mates setup info. If no one counterclaims you might just be lucky and have picked a role that doesn't exist in the game. It's the smart move for a scum player with a wagon that looks like a lynch forming, and we should consider 2.7 IC because of the claim.

I agree that e should in no way be treated as confirmed Town. His claim did come at a strange time though, just as the Jorbles wagon was getting some momentum. You would expect scum to at least see the Jorbles wagon out and see what happened with that. But then you'd probably expect Town to do the same.

e, can you please explain the timing of your claim?
I made my claim when I did because I thought that we would need the time to really put together some good thoughts toward a good lynch.  Robz said "irritatingly early"- scum!robz liked the distraction on a mislynch?  This is not enough to really accuse Robz for anything, and I agree it is not standard operating procedure to claim when I did, but I did now want to distract people with the wagon on me when we needed to be scumhunting.  I felt like because of my role, claiming at that point was fine.  (If I had been the vig or something I would definitely not claimed when I did.  Only because I was the bodyguard did I make that claim)

PPE: Morgrim why do you claim now?  that seems really strange

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 02, 2013, 04:03:38 pm »

or was that claim not serious?  HOW CAN I KNOW?!?!?!?!?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 02, 2013, 04:03:43 pm »

I need help reacting to something.

What's with the early claims this game ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 02, 2013, 04:04:11 pm »

It's more than strange, it's terrible.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 02, 2013, 04:04:40 pm »

Then vote!

PPE: ???????
I want to give manda a chance to respond to her latest post/vote before I move on (because I do find that scummy).  If I am satisfied Ash is my next vote.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:13 pm »

To avoid ambiguity, let me quote:
Okay, so we'll need a soft deadline. Here's the thing: As the IC, I'd like to be around for the soft deadline, but you know, this is sort of complicated with me living in Europe and all. I propose Tuesday, December 3, 2 pm forum time.
So since we are in the business of throwing out random accusations, FoS to everyone who didn't remember the soft deadline, or the real one.

I knew there was a soft deadline someone set, but I'm not subscribing to it. Let's use the time we have!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:18 pm »

I need help reacting to something.

What do you mean?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »

What's with the interrogative votes, people ? If you're gonna vote someone be serious about it. It's too easy to go "well, I wasn't really sure about voting for him" afterwards with hedgy votes like that. FoS at Jorbles for that, and, well, I'm already voting for Robz.

Walrus claimed he voted for reactions too.

The question mark is not to indicate that I am unsure about the lynch. It's to indicate that I'm not sure there's support for the lynch. I was serious about my vote, just unsure if there was support for it.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 02, 2013, 04:06:03 pm »

or was that claim not serious?  HOW CAN I KNOW?!?!?!?!?
You can't be. You'll have to trust me. If you don't wanna do that, well. Vote: Morgrim is always a good solution for that...

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 02, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

It's a Community quote, and I was referring to Morgrim's claim. It's just so... weird to claim now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 02, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »

The question mark is not to indicate that I am unsure about the lynch. It's to indicate that I'm not sure there's support for the lynch. I was serious about my vote, just unsure if there was support for it.

I definitely think there is support for it!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 02, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »

Morgrim. Morgrim. There is no benefit to confusing us! Scum already know whether you are telling the truth or not! You shouldn't have claimed at all, but now that you have, you have to actually claim! Jeez.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2013, 04:09:42 pm »

Well if Morgrim is telling the truth it sucks that he got a PR and he felt the need to claim now (no offense Morgrim, but you haven't been that useful this game). Regardless, I'd say we take Morgrim off the table for Today. If he's Town maybe scum will NK him and on later Days his investigations will either help us catch scum or make it obvious he's scum.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 02, 2013, 04:10:40 pm »

But what do we learn from lynching Morgrim?

Same thing I said about jorbles applies here though. Day one its okay, this isn't crunch time, if morgrim get a pass from posting real helpfull content today, when do we draw the line, will that be too late? So I think people need to participate(even though some people find that scummy...) and interact or else we can't figure out who scum is. vote: morgrim till he does something helpfull.
More? Interesting. Veeeery interesting. I think I will do something useful, starting by claiming. I am a tracker. Each night, I choose someone and moddy Yuma tells me who, if anyone, that person targeted.
I can be more helpful, if you want.
Care for an apple?

And gah, you're all all not understanding. I think Robz is scummy cause...what reason does he have to vote for me? It kinda looks like he's just doing it cause there's nobody better. And yeah, that's scummy...

Why would you claim that? That's the worst claim I've ever seen.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 02, 2013, 04:11:41 pm »

Morgrim. Morgrim. There is no benefit to confusing us! Scum already know whether you are telling the truth or not! You shouldn't have claimed at all, but now that you have, you have to actually claim! Jeez.

So if Morgrim is lying and there really is a Tracker, they probably shouldn't counter. Because at this point I have no faith that Morgrim isn't lying as town.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:03 pm »

Exactly. Because now that the scum have already figured out whether I'm lying, you have no choice but to trust me unless you want to mislynch me. Someone cop me and I'll prove it to you.

It's a Community quote, and I was referring to Morgrim's claim. It's just so... weird to claim now.
Maybe that's why I did it?

If he's Town maybe scum will NK him and on later Days his investigations will either help us catch scum or make it obvious he's scum.
That's why I claimed.

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.