Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169680 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day2)
« Reply #850 on: December 05, 2013, 10:41:50 pm »

Well naturally my personal inclination is that scum would more likely be on, because I was off wagon. In fact I made a point of saying that I felt like we were heading towards a mislynch. My egocentric concern is that scum will use that fact to accuse me of defending "known" town to win towncred, to butter me up for a mislynch. Especially because I also opposed the Morgrim lynch, which was a mislynch for reals. I'm not sure if anyone else came out as strongly against the wagon as I did

I think we need to look at Walrus, given the Jorbles NK.

He was off wagon there, and he even went to the point of saying it felt like we were heading towards a mislynch.  That's easily just scum defending "known" town to win towncred.  Walrus also opposed the Morgrim lynch.  I'm not sure that anyone came out as strongly against the wagon as he did.

Oh haha ok.
they look pretty similar to me. Please explain how they are different. I am to thick to get it.

PPE: I didn't like the vote either.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 05, 2013, 10:42:04 pm »

Are you two both being intentionally thick?  I mean, fucking read, people.  Go, read what Walrus wrote.  Then read what I wrote.

In other news, this seems an overreaction.

Possibly.  I was just really gobsmacked that the joke resulted in a vote and a "must be scum cooking shit up in his QT!" accusation.

I must admit it took me quite a while to realise what was going on. I initially pulled up the quotes to inform you exactly what they were talking about.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 05, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »

Hey people: It was a joke! ashersky was joking. We here at f.ds do that sometimes. Maybe it was scummy joking, I don't know. We do that too. But it was a joke.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 05, 2013, 10:44:57 pm »

they look pretty similar to me. Please explain how they are different. I am to thick to get it.

PPE: I didn't like the vote either.
[/quote]

That's the point.  I literally copied his text and changed it so it was about Walrus and not written by Walrus.  I thought it was funny.

Obviously it was, instead, me being ridiculously stupid and falling right into Walrus's trap to catch stupid scum that say stupid things right after town predicts scum will say it because scum is stupidface and says things that will obviously make them clearly stupidscum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 05, 2013, 10:46:22 pm »

Oh. Joking. Like what I did a lot on D1 and it got me in trouble. I SEE NO SCUM READ FROM PEOPLE JOKING.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: December 05, 2013, 10:46:37 pm »

Obviously it was, instead, me being ridiculously stupid and falling right into Walrus's trap to catch stupid scum that say stupid things right after town predicts scum will say it because scum is stupidface and says things that will obviously make them clearly stupidscum.

Obviously. Gosh that Walrus is witty, he sure outsmarted you!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 05, 2013, 10:46:55 pm »

Oh...

:-[
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 05, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »

Oh. Joking. Like what I did a lot on D1 and it got me in trouble. I SEE NO SCUM READ FROM PEOPLE JOKING.
yeah, I was a little slow on that joke though. Thanks for explaining it

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 05, 2013, 10:48:19 pm »

You can't say "gosh" in Australian.  Doesn't work.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 05, 2013, 10:51:33 pm »

I find that when I'm trying to sound dumb I automatically put on an American accent. Maybe a redneck accent, not sure. I don't know if gosh is more acceptable in that case, but I wouldn't say it when speaking normally.

No offense to Americans or anyone else by the way. I was not at all implying that Walrus or e were dumb.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »

Goddamn it. unvote

I'm going to have sex and eat spaghetti.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Night1)
« Reply #861 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:55 pm »

Final Day1 Vote Count

Morgrim (7): Robz, mcmc, teproc, ashersky, Jorbles, 2.7, Voltaire

Moving on.

Wagon analysis!  7 on wagon, Jorbles was town.

We have six others on wagon.  How many scum rode the known (to them) mislynch of a PR?  2?  Hilariously, if the traitor isn't recruited, they don't know if they are on wagon together or not.

Off-wagon: Walrus, manda, Jimmmmm, faust, Morgrim

At least one scum was off-wagon, I'd say.  Mathematically, easier to hit scum off-wagon today, I suppose,from an outsider's perspective, but from my own, up to 2 out of 4 on wagon with me were scum, so that's slightly higher chances there.

Anyone else with some wagon analysis?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 05, 2013, 10:54:06 pm »

I'm going to have sex and eat spaghetti.

In that order?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »

I find that when I'm trying to sound dumb I automatically put on an American accent. Maybe a redneck accent, not sure. I don't know if gosh is more acceptable in that case, but I wouldn't say it when speaking normally.

No offense to Americans or anyone else by the way. I was not at all implying that Walrus or e were dumb.
living in the American southeast for the past 8 years (high school and college) and knowing a few remarks myself, I would say a redneck accent is about right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 05, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

living in the American southeast for the past 8 years (high school and college) and knowing a few rednecks myself, I would say a redneck accent is about right.
stupid auto correct on my kindle. I am going to bed now before I misstype anything else.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 05, 2013, 10:57:48 pm »

Voltaire - 81
Walrus - 28
Robz - 76
Jimmmm - 104
ashersky - 107
faust - 66
Jorbles - 43

manda - 20
Teproc - 53
morgrim - 32
2.7 - 99
mcmcsalot - 47

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 05, 2013, 10:58:44 pm »

Walrus at 28 seems really low.  I guess he was really inactive on D1 (comparatively). 

Manda needs to step it up.  Everyone else is basically fine.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:05 pm »

At least one scum was off-wagon, I'd say.  Mathematically, easier to hit scum off-wagon today, I suppose,from an outsider's perspective, but from my own, up to 2 out of 4 on wagon with me were scum, so that's slightly higher chances there.

I disagree with this in principal and also with your maths. If we assume that there are 2 scum on-wagon and 1 off, then there are 2 of 6 on and 1 of 3 off, which are equal chances. I also disagree with assuming anything about how scum would distribute themselves.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:37 pm »

Voltaire - 81
Walrus - 28
Robz - 76
Jimmmm - 104
ashersky - 107
faust - 66
Jorbles - 43

manda - 20
Teproc - 53
morgrim - 32
2.7 - 99
mcmcsalot - 47
that post count is skewed because of all the v/la though. Manda is the only one I really think is to note from D1, because she went missing at the end.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:00 pm »

I also don't like the idea of marketing the lynch pool so soon. Let's see what our IC had to say before we do anything like that

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:57 pm »

I disagree with this in principal and also with your maths. If we assume that there are 2 scum on-wagon and 1 off, then there are 2 of 6 on and 1 of 3 off, which are equal chances. I also disagree with assuming anything about how scum would distribute themselves.

That's fine, but it is valid analysis either way.  I tend to believe that scum teams are very cognizant of whether they are on/off wagon together, and also of doing NKs on/off wagon.

Harry Potter is a great example of scum shooting themselves in the foot by kill on-wagon on N1.

Here, does scum really kill on-wagon and reduce that pool by one if they are mostly there?  WIFOM, sure, but man, you have to consider it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 05, 2013, 11:02:34 pm »

I also don't like the idea of narrowing the lynch pool so soon. Let's see what our IC had to say before we do anything like that
last post. I need to reread every post for autocorrects before every post I guess

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 05, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »

I also don't like the idea of marketing the lynch pool so soon. Let's see what our IC had to say before we do anything like that

Marketing?  Auto-correct?

I'm just trying to get some scum hunting going based on what I see as a whole lot more data to study.  Wagons, flips, that's what we want and need to make determinations.  This should get discussion going, not get someone lynched in the next hour.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:13 pm »

That's fine, but it is valid analysis either way.  I tend to believe that scum teams are very cognizant of whether they are on/off wagon together, and also of doing NKs on/off wagon.

Harry Potter is a great example of scum shooting themselves in the foot by kill on-wagon on N1.

Here, does scum really kill on-wagon and reduce that pool by one if they are mostly there?  WIFOM, sure, but man, you have to consider it.

I remember a scumteam - in fact I think it was RMM9, with you on it - deliberately planning to all either be on-wagon or off-wagon together, because people wouldn't expect that. Have you forgotten this, or are you choosing not to remember it?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »

I remember a scumteam - in fact I think it was RMM9, with you on it - deliberately planning to all either be on-wagon or off-wagon together, because people wouldn't expect that. Have you forgotten this, or are you choosing not to remember it?

Yep, the ninth non-mod post in the Mafia QT:

"Another thing, I think it'd be great if we were all on or off lynch wagon on D1. Wagon analysis invariably turns to were they on or off, and usually falls on a split. If we are all together, it helps survive later in the game. "

And you're trying to make us assume how scum will split between on- and off-wagon?

Vote: ashersky
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70  All

Page created in 2.326 seconds with 19 queries.