Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169497 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1700 on: January 10, 2014, 01:06:39 pm »

Like, what the fuck guys?

Actually, I'm reasonably enough convinced that its Teproc and Voltaire that I wouldn't mind being lynched today, PROVIDED ALL OUR PR PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME ONCE I'M DEAD. I will be very cross if you follow up my mislynch with manda's and mcmc's.

It makes perfect sense, I don't NEED to live, I need to be listened to. Obviously I'd prefer not to be lynched, but I'm most concerned about how you will control the game when I'm dead. So I'm posting that warning.

Well, but it's more important to convince you that I am town, because then you'll be more likely to defer to my case. I can make a case on anybody, you have to be able to believe me...

It IS sort of based on feeling, which is why knowing you can trust me (if you are town) is so important.

The problem with lynching me is, okay, you'll get Voltaire tomorrow, but then what will you do? You better lynch Teproc. It's Voltaire/Teproc. Voltaire's recent comment sealed the deal. He said if I'm scum it probably means Teproc is. He said this because knows I will flip town, and then you will lynch him (Voltaire), and so he wants to do a light bus on his partner, to disassociate.

It's them. It's them. It's them.

Okay, well kill me, this day can be over whenever you all wish.

Tomorrow, LYNCH VOLTAIRE. Next day, LYNCH TEPROC.

You should absolutely lynch. I will vote for myself if that's what it takes. Better for me to be lynched and have you figure out that you can trust me and should listen to me, than No Lynch. Better still just to lynch Voltaire.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 10, 2014, 01:07:33 pm »

Saying it's true isn't enough to convince people. I've learned that lesson the hard way as town (M31).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 10, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »

Saying it's true isn't enough to convince people. I've learned that lesson the hard way as town (M31).

It's not enough because you can't trust me, you don't know whether I'm town, right I get that. That's why I totally get lynching me.

I'm pissed that my case was given zero consideration AFTER I was dead and confirmed town, THE VERY THING I STATED OVER AND OVER SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 10, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »

Sadly I still have no idea why people found me scummy this game.

I tried robz..
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 10, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »

Well good job to the scum team, very fascinating QT. Scum teams that talk a lot: they win.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 10, 2014, 01:33:52 pm »

And it's a great setup, I would play it again. Nice one, yuma! Do agree about switching out the BP, though.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 10, 2014, 01:38:45 pm »

Sorry Robz. I just didn't find your case especially convincing, when you were alive or dead. Being town doesn't mean you're right, and it really seemed like you were just beating a drum over and over. I get that you're frustrated...Should I be upset that we lynched our Tracker D1, when I tried to convince you he was town?

Apparently we should have listened in retrospect, but we have to follow our own reads and results too. And I personally think Volt and Teproc did a great job of disguising their scumminess.

Oh and sorry mcmc.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 10, 2014, 01:49:52 pm »

Sorry Robz. I just didn't find your case especially convincing, when you were alive or dead. Being town doesn't mean you're right, and it really seemed like you were just beating a drum over and over. I get that you're frustrated...Should I be upset that we lynched our Tracker D1, when I tried to convince you he was town?

Apparently we should have listened in retrospect, but we have to follow our own reads and results too. And I personally think Volt and Teproc did a great job of disguising their scumminess.

Oh and sorry mcmc.

Yeah, this fails to satisfy me, I think these are different things. Late reads are much, much, much more accurate than early reads, early reads are just guesses that can sometimes be lucky. Basically, you decided to take the bet that my prediction--a 2 in 4 prediction--was wrong, even when I told you it was a guarantee. The second you know you can trust me, when I flip town, I just think it's really bad play not to pay attention to that. It was more than just a "oh, what were the dead guy's reads?" Because I ANTICIPATED getting lynched, and really thought I and engineered a scenario where that was fine.

If I were you, Walrus, and Robz had been, say, Yuma, I would have absolutely done what Yuma said, or at least very very very very strongly considered it. You just like rejected it out of hand.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 10, 2014, 01:55:16 pm »

Fine. Your tone is just coming across as kind of sore loser-y right now. I'm sorry if I catalyzed an unsatisfying game of Mafia for you. Next time I'll just do what you say.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:24 pm »

Fine. Your tone is just coming across as kind of sore loser-y right now. I'm sorry if I catalyzed an unsatisfying game of Mafia for you. Next time I'll just do what you say.

Yeah, I'm totally a sore loser right now. We should have won!

You shouldn't always just do what I say, of course, I just really thought you would have this time because I told you repeatedly that after I flipped and was confirmed town, I was certain (and it was not like long shot case, I had a 50% chance of being right about Voltaire and a pretty good chance of being right about both).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: January 10, 2014, 02:02:17 pm »

^I don't mean that facetiously, I am aware I am acting like a sore loser right now, sorry. I just really had it...

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 10, 2014, 02:06:37 pm »

You totally did man. Well my instincts will be slightly more sharpened for next time.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:59 pm »

Just to be clear, I think "Just listen to Robz," would be a terrible strategy for the town most of the time, even if I was an IC in every game. I just thought I was going to get listened to this time, and it was the right time for that to happen.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 10, 2014, 02:17:26 pm »

Yea I think that the issue isn't necessarily that is was robz or anything, it's just like what the hell was the case on me, and the case on volt and teproc were there as believed by many people. I mean when 2.7 robz and I pushed volt I don't see how volt didn't get lynched.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:29 pm »

I do think you were at least a little scummy from like early stuff. I don't think lynching you was so insane, except for the fact that Voltaire was 10 times scummier.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 10, 2014, 02:44:47 pm »

I do think you were at least a little scummy from like early stuff. I don't think lynching you was so insane, except for the fact that Voltaire was 10 times scummier.

I guess that's the thing, I was "scummy" day 1 which means people felt I was playing like scum mcmc and that held through to be the final lynch as opposed to someone with a case and two confirmed townies suspecting him of being scum that blew me away.

Also walrus don't feel like this was all on you(nor feel bad at all it's not a big deal) super bummed 2.7 didn't defend me more or push volt, especially when we didn't have lynches to spare, always push your top read until you have to pick otherwise.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 10, 2014, 02:50:16 pm »

The fact that it was easy to lynch me and fairly easy to lynch mcmc, but dfficult to lynch Voltaire and impossible to lynch Teproc is another sign, actually.

Of course, I've been in the group that calls it wrong numerous times.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 10, 2014, 02:52:49 pm »

Yeah, the Voltaire wagon stalling was a sign, which we spun into "It means one of {Voltaire,mcmc} are scum !". You'll notice that people did get suspicious when the mcmc lynch seemed too easy, but it was too late I think.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 10, 2014, 03:18:33 pm »

Yeah, the Voltaire wagon stalling was a sign, which we spun into "It means one of {Voltaire,mcmc} are scum !". You'll notice that people did get suspicious when the mcmc lynch seemed too easy, but it was too late I think.

Yeah, part of that was on me.  I really did think Voltaire was scum, and I let the wagon stall out.  I was convinced manda was town, and for me it was a decision between Teproc and mcmc.  I really thought that mcmc was the scummier of the two, and I gave up on the Voltaire lynch because I did not see manda ever voting voltaire because of her stance towrads robz on previous days and current absence.  In hindsight that second vote on mcmc by Teproc was scummy, as the next vote on that wagon should have come from an "IC" (walrus or myself).  Basically, I was not forceful enough about the Voltaire lynch and let it slip by. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 10, 2014, 03:54:26 pm »

^I don't mean that facetiously, I am aware I am acting like a sore loser right now, sorry. I just really had it...

To be fair, you did moderate your certainty both in-thread and in the speccy (initially). It's easy to be certain when you're no longer in games.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 10, 2014, 03:55:04 pm »

Yea I think that the issue isn't necessarily that is was robz or anything, it's just like what the hell was the case on me, and the case on volt and teproc were there as believed by many people. I mean when 2.7 robz and I pushed volt I don't see how volt didn't get lynched.

There was no case on you. I was terrified that I would be asked to state the case on you, and it would catch me out. Because there wasn't one.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:14 pm »

But there was : one of {Voltaire, mcmc} had to be scum. That was the case, basically. I tried really hard in my reread for interactions but even there I was just like "Well, both have kinda bad interactions with ash, but... mcmc is scummier ! Because reasons !"
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:54 pm »

Yay!  Great job team.  I feel a little left out, dying so early and all.   :-[

I think I did about as well as could be expected for getting copped on N1.  I'll take the win!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 10, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »

If anything ash, you did a great job with interactions : I know because I spent a lot of time rereading looking to frame people with them, and Voltaire and I never looked too bad in that (me especially). Besides, outing all the PRs, even if it made fighting PoE a nightmare, probably helped us navigate nights more easily.

You mention in the speccy that you disagree with our Jimmm nightkill (or was it the faust one ?). Do you remember what that was about ?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 10, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »

If anything ash, you did a great job with interactions : I know because I spent a lot of time rereading looking to frame people with them, and Voltaire and I never looked too bad in that (me especially). Besides, outing all the PRs, even if it made fighting PoE a nightmare, probably helped us navigate nights more easily.

You mention in the speccy that you disagree with our Jimmm nightkill (or was it the faust one ?). Do you remember what that was about ?

My scum reason for living is outing PRs via fake claim, as far as I can tell.

I definitely agreed 100000% with killing Jimmmmm.

My speccy comment was something to do with an in-game interaction.  I don't recall specifically, but I think you two got it anyway.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70  All

Page created in 2.564 seconds with 19 queries.