Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169502 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1675 on: January 10, 2014, 10:20:46 am »

I was wrong about you though, Teproc.  I think it would have been a tough find the next day.  I could very well see us lynching Ichi that day.

Teproc being JOAT especially would have been bad for us because Walrus wasn't going to share who he targeted.  I should have pressed that option harder because we would have had no new info for the next day and probably would not have lynched Teproc.

Of course, I didn't do a great job pushing the Voltaire lynch either. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 10, 2014, 10:22:21 am »

Ichi is... not in this game. Do you mean manda ?

Why wouldn't have Walrus shared who he targeted ? If he targeted me, it was game over for us I think.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 10, 2014, 10:23:39 am »

Why wouldn't have Walrus shared who he targeted ? If he targeted me, it was game over for us I think.

crap.  yes
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 10, 2014, 10:24:08 am »

crap.  yes

I was thinking [insert new player here] and just totally said the wrong name

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 10, 2014, 10:24:24 am »

FWIW, I think we got it wrong in our choice of PRs (which was Recruit, Daytalk, JOAT). It made us incredibly vulnerable to Goon Cop (and it showed, with Jimmmmm targeting 3 scum in 3 tries - great job by the way) and prevented us from fakeclaiming. I still like recruiting and JOAT, but I think JOAT is not that great. We used it a lot, especially me because it was my first game, but I think we would have been fine without.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: January 10, 2014, 10:25:26 am »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I was so scared Walrus would roleblock me but he didn't ! YES !

ohmygod

*finally breathes*

This is my first-ever mafia win. Robz, you had us. I can't believe we pulled it off even after you had us pegged. Thanks to Teproc and ash for being great scumbuddies. I still can always read Teproc.  ;)

wow.

Great game, everyone.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:07 am »

By the way, thanks yuma for modding, making me scum and giving me the best scumteam I could have dreamed of for a first game (Voltaire being the Recruit was a particularly nice touch).

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 10, 2014, 10:30:19 am »

I also did not do a great job with my bodyguarding.  Live and learn.  I have a lot I can learn from this game.  It was a ton of fun and thanks to Yuma for modding

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:42 am »

Yes, big thanks to yuma. Off to read the speccy!

Oh, and like Teproc said, yes, Jimmmmm, my god. As I said in the mafia QT, I thought we had to kill him as much for his deductions during the day as for his being the cop.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 10, 2014, 10:33:23 am »

I mean, the only Bodyguarding mistake you made was Walrus > Jimmmm night 3 but you couldn't know how huge a threat Jimmmm was to us (since I'm pretty sure he targeted Voltaire that night, at least that's what we assumed).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:46 am »

Reading the mod speccy right now, and yuma is right, PR hunting on night 1 was a mistake. I'm still astounded we managed to survive the PoE. Killing 2.7/faust was the safest play.

Our PR reads were awful by the way. We thought Walrus was VT for sure.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 10, 2014, 10:41:36 am »

I am never PR hunting again as mafia. Just kill who you want to kill and if they're a PR it's gravy.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:21 am »

I see Jimmmmm investigated manda. I guess killing Walrus would have been better then.

And Walrus did roleblock Voltaire. Glad I didn't let the late second-guessing get to me then.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 10, 2014, 10:57:50 am »

Also, I said as much in the scum QT, but I will definitely pay attention to late game reads by Robz. That was scary.

I wanted to lynch Voltaire, but it just wasnt getting the support.  Voltaire was choice #1, I just thought mcmc was the other scum so I went ahead and hammered there

I guess it was a bad argument to make but yea, robz is great late game, town or scum, town robz just doesn't usually make it that long, so once he flipped town I knew he was right about teproc and volt, not to mention I though they were scum after robz anyway, sad people didn't listen. Amazing job to the scum team and Yuma for moderating, I had fun.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 10, 2014, 11:01:58 am »

My thoughts:

1. MVP goes to Voltaire, but honorable mention to Jimmmm (he correctly investigated two mafia in a row and would have investigated Voltaire, but logically figured that if voltaire was mafia that mafia would kill the Goon Cop during the night, so instead investigated manda, so basically three for three!) He would have been MVP had town won, Robz for awesome reads and Teproc who should get a newbie of the year nomination for this performance.

2. I think I am in the minority of thinking that recruiting is not the best option. The mod QT has my opinions on what I would have done as mafia. Along those lines, if this setup is done again, 1-shot Bulletproof needs to be removed and replaced with something better (1-shot Bus Driver perhaps)?

3. PR hunting has utility, but PoE is even more important I think. Killing Jorbles wasn't necessarily a bad move, but it was the riskier one for sure.

4. I am pretty sure that had voltaire been lynched day4, then town would have absolutely won. Maybe if people didn't figure out that no-lynch was the best option, but if they did, mafia was toast.

Other thoughts coming, but baby is now awake.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 10, 2014, 11:07:50 am »

My thoughts:

1. MVP goes to Voltaire, but honorable mention to Jimmmm (he correctly investigated two mafia in a row and would have investigated Voltaire, but logically figured that if voltaire was mafia that mafia would kill the Goon Cop during the night, so instead investigated manda, so basically three for three!) He would have been MVP had town won, Robz for awesome reads and Teproc who should get a newbie of the year nomination for this performance.

2. I think I am in the minority of thinking that recruiting is not the best option. The mod QT has my opinions on what I would have done as mafia. Along those lines, if this setup is done again, 1-shot Bulletproof needs to be removed and replaced with something better (1-shot Bus Driver perhaps)?

3. PR hunting has utility, but PoE is even more important I think. Killing Jorbles wasn't necessarily a bad move, but it was the riskier one for sure.

4. I am pretty sure that had voltaire been lynched day4, then town would have absolutely won. Maybe if people didn't figure out that no-lynch was the best option, but if they did, mafia was toast.

Other thoughts coming, but baby is now awake.

1. How Voltaire didn't get lynched the last two days is beyond me, so I guess I agree. Jimmmm would be worthy too though, his reasoning for investigating manda is pretty brilliant here. And thanks !

2. Yeah, Bulletproof seems way too weak, because if you want Goon Cop protection, you're better off taking JOAT/Rolecop. I would recruit every time if I played this again though.

3. Yep.

4. As you and I both mentioned in the respective QTs, Voltaire lynch would have prompted me to no kill, and then it was up to town to figure it out. I think they would have likely lynched whoever Walrus roleblocked, but probably realized that no-kill was the most likely to have happened the day after that, so I was probably toast.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 10, 2014, 11:16:48 am »

Ahhhh and I roleblocked Voltaire last night too! Probably would have still lost anyway, I was blinded by the previous double result on Teproc.

Good game, well done Volt and Rocky (;)), and thanks to the mods for hosting!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 10, 2014, 11:23:52 am »

Robz in the speccy is hilarious. Yes, it was ! The whole time !

And hey Robz, you would even have won the game if you were Walrus ! A shame you were mislynched then :P.

What was your reasoning for roleblocking Voltaire, Walrus ? Was it a WIFOM inversion (as in, we wouldn't choose Voltaire for the kill because he's obvscum, except we know that so of course we chose him) or a case of going for who you knew was scum (pretty much) rather than taking a gamble and targeting me or manda ?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:42 am »

Basically. And also, he was the person who I would be most annoyed if he was actually scum, and I didn't try to stop him haha. I was thinking Volt/manda scum team and I had made my feelings about both of them well known, and I didn't think Volt would expect the consecutive roleblocks.

However I was very unsure, so well done Mafia. I didn't push for Volt's lynch for the past few days because he reminded me of GoT Volt. Guess what Volt? You are now again obligated to be an insightful leader and Mafia superhero or I will use that argument against you :)

Oh and also, Volt and Teproc can't buddy anymore. It was cute at first. But now it's over.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:37 am »

Guess what Volt? You are now again obligated to be an insightful leader and Mafia superhero or I will use that argument against you :)

Oh and also, Volt and Teproc can't buddy anymore. It was cute at first. But now it's over.

;D

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: January 10, 2014, 12:09:13 pm »

Robz was right all along. I'll still probably not trust him next time he has confident reads though.  :P

Now to find out why I was killed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 10, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »

Other notes:

town came back awesomely from the Morgrim-Tracker lynch of day1.

Jimmmmm slowly coming out with the result on ashersky was pretty fun to watch. I know it was very frustrating for ashersky, but from a mod point of view it was fascinating. Cops are tough and probably my least favorite role in the game. But I do like the idea of a Goon Cop. My thought for picking powers was to pick the ones that would mitigate the Goon Cop the most and basically give all players a Godfather status, so not recruiting, role cop and JOAT.

And lastly, thanks to TA for helping modding. This game would have fallen apart without him. Much appreciation toward him.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:42 pm »

Well at least I'm getting NKed as a VT for the right reasons. Too towny probably a PR is basically what I want to happen in a game where I'm VT.  :)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 10, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 10, 2014, 12:55:42 pm »

Well this is my most frustrating town loss yet, including the game where we lost with three people left because Jim forgot to vote before the deadline.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70  All

Page created in 1.787 seconds with 19 queries.