Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index, Queue, & Categorization Standards  (Read 103872 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index, Queue, & Categorization Standards
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2014, 05:38:25 pm »

Hi. I'm interested in running a newbie-friendly/newbie-mod-friendly C9++ setup with a James Bond theme and I could use an experienced co-mod to help me out. I do have a couple dumb questions though. I would assume alignment is determined before power roles are assigned. But how do you determine who is scum and who receives power roles? And how/where do you roll?

Just do all of the roles at once.  So, first, with C9++ you figure out what roles are in the game, then you just say there are 5 VTs, 2 Goons, 1 this PR, 1 that PR.  You then randomly assign those to the players.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »

Hi. I'm interested in running a newbie-friendly/newbie-mod-friendly C9++ setup with a James Bond theme and I could use an experienced co-mod to help me out. I do have a couple dumb questions though. I would assume alignment is determined before power roles are assigned. But how do you determine who is scum and who receives power roles? And how/where do you roll?

Just do all of the roles at once.  So, first, with C9++ you figure out what roles are in the game, then you just say there are 5 VTs, 2 Goons, 1 this PR, 1 that PR.  You then randomly assign those to the players.

Thanks. I'm starting to get a feel for how to do this. I'm checking out a couple mod QTs as well.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:06 pm »

I was just thinking that we needed a James Bond theme... and willing to help if your other takers are busy at that time...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:42 pm »

If someone below me in the queue is ready they can jump me. I hope to be ready to go... sometime soonish. eventually.
So, summer vacation starts soon for me and I may finally be able to get this together. Until then, keep skipping me :P

sweet! I missed your last one, hope to be able to join this one!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2014, 12:12:08 pm »

I was just thinking that we needed a James Bond theme... and willing to help if your other takers are busy at that time...

Thanks! Do you guys think another setup would lend itself better to James Bond? I just picked C9++ because I'm a little slow to understand setups and it seemed pretty simple.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2014, 12:52:03 pm »

Hey ash, did Dune mafia ever happen? Because it totally should.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2014, 12:59:40 pm »

The lynching must flow!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2014, 01:19:55 pm »

He has it planned. And has a 100 page book outlining the process, roles and flavor for it and has even recruited the mafia all-stars of Robz, Galz, Insomniac and C_Frisk to play in it and thinks it will be an epic that will last potentially up to 10 months long. But unfortunately it will never see the light of day due to a lack of foresight from the powers that be.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 10, 2014, 01:26:35 pm »

+1

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 10, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »

He has it planned. And has a 100 page book outlining the process, roles and flavor for it and has even recruited the mafia all-stars of Robz, Galz, Insomniac and C_Frisk to play in it and thinks it will be an epic that will last potentially up to 10 months long. But unfortunately it will never see the light of day due to a lack of foresight from the powers that be.

This is mostly right, actually.  I've written hundreds of words of text for it already.  It will happen, just waiting for my turn in the RMM line.  If you want a spot, you need to PM me, though.  It'll never open for sign-ups, as all nine spots will be taken before I need to.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 10, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »

This is mostly right, actually.  I've written hundreds of words of text for it already.  It will happen, just waiting for my turn in the RMM line.  If you want a spot, you need to PM me, though.  It'll never open for sign-ups, as all nine spots will be taken before I need to.

Oh cool. I was looking in the already completed list and not the upcoming list. PMing now!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 15, 2014, 09:09:14 pm »

Teproc, open asher9++ man!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 16, 2014, 12:22:57 am »

More simple setups please? :)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 16, 2014, 06:06:04 am »

Teproc, open asher9++ man!

I will tonight, I only got back yesterday night, late.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 16, 2014, 06:45:53 am »

Actually I opened it, although I messed up and did it in Mafia Game Threads. If anyone could move it, that would be nice :).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:05 am »

my setup will be 11 players with everyone having a small passive ability. Does this count?

By the way, I ought to be able to finish my setup in the next few days, when should I open it up?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 16, 2014, 02:48:17 pm »

my setup will be 11 players with everyone having a small passive ability. Does this count?

By the way, I ought to be able to finish my setup in the next few days, when should I open it up?

Probably not...I really like the setups we use for newbie games best and I wish we didn't run them in newbie-only context. I've been turning to mafiascum for my mafia fix lately since they are really the only types of games I'm interested in right now

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2014, 12:09:47 am »

Russian Roulette Mafia
So, I simulated the original version, added some changes to get around ash's problem/weaken scum, simulated that, and now I think it's good to go. It'll be a semi-blitz (though slightly shorter deadlines than EFHW's game), so do I just open it up whenever people think is best, or do I need to wait in the queue?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2014, 12:27:07 am »

Russian Roulette Mafia
So, I simulated the original version, added some changes to get around ash's problem/weaken scum, simulated that, and now I think it's good to go. It'll be a semi-blitz (though slightly shorter deadlines than EFHW's game), so do I just open it up whenever people think is best, or do I need to wait in the queue?

There is no queue for blitz, so if it gets the ZM numbering, I say open it up.  I need mafia!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 17, 2014, 02:48:30 am »

FYI, as it stands, I have one remaining spot in Dune Mafia.  That may change depending on people's availability when my turn comes up, but the sign up list is pretty solid.  PM for the spot if you want it.

As a teaser: there are no Role PMs in this game.  There are Role QTs.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 17, 2014, 03:47:27 pm »

I think ill open up my BM game for Signups, however it won't be the werewolves one.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 19, 2014, 12:39:27 am »

I think ill open up my BM game for Signups, however it won't be the werewolves one.
Artists' Mafia is open for Signups!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2014, 07:02:23 pm »

Does anyone want to help me develop my Stormlight Archive RMM? I've got a few ideas, but not enough for a complete game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2014, 07:04:41 pm »

also, sudgetype you could probably open up your game for signups.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.