Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ambassador....then what?  (Read 1034 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Ambassador....then what?
« on: October 19, 2013, 05:16:58 pm »

Code: [Select]
Hamlet, Ambassador, Chancellor, Talisman, Bandit Camp, Counterfeit, Counting House, Festival, Stables, Grand Market
I just played a great game with Microman that featured your standard ambassador shuffle where we both got perfect draws early (double ambassador-->two estates/two coppers on t3/t4 for both of us) and continued with pretty good luck early with ambassador. 
Given that, what cards do you transition into?  Grand markets stand out as an ultimate target, but what intermediary steps would you take? 

Microman went for bandit camp, hoping to counterfeit spoils, while i stayed away wanting to keep as small a deck as possible in order to attempt to win the grand market split.  We both mostly ignored stables, but microman did misclick on t14 purchasing festival not stables.  I ended up winning by a narrow margin, but am not convinced my strategy was necessarily the best one especially since microman was only one coin away from winning his previous turn.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:19:17 pm by 2.71828..... »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador....then what?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »
+1

I would like to say Stables/Hamlet/Chancellor/Counting House engine, Cursing your opponent with your Ambassador. I would definitely try that, just for fun.

Open Chancellor/Ambassador and start grabbing Stables? Grab Hamlets in the Ambassador turns, you don't need more than one. You will easily have 8 Coppers from your opponent's Ambassador. You may be left behind, but will have time to recover as the double-Amb needs to build economy. Counterfeiting Spoils or even GM snowball seem like fine plans too, I don't know which one is faster. I would add Stables to any plan, though, to help connect the GMs and move past the green, since you ARE going to need some Silvers anyway, and later one you are better off discarding them to search for the GMs.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.