Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)  (Read 138900 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (GAME IS ON DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #350 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:24 pm »

I couldn't have told you that Archetype or liopoil were even in this game, and NHS's absence is a problem. But everyone else seems to be doing stuff.
Liopoil came out strong against the doctor reveal, softened his stance somewhat, then discussed deadlines a bit.  While he added some to the discussion regarding "why doctor should not reveal" he hasn't been around to say a whole lot.

Archetype came out in favor of a doctor reveal.....on D2.  His posts show that he was very against it D1. 

Interesting that two of the three players who posted most strongly against the doctor reveal haven't been around a whole lot at all this game.  Not sure what to think about this yet, but it does make me think.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »

Outside the chest, Sarge and his Bucket O' Soldiers each grabbed the lid of the chest. "Ready men?" Sarge shouted. "3...2...1... LIFT!"

It didn't open.

Vote Count 1.5:

faust (3): Gveoniz, sudgy, ashersky
NHSederholm (1): Eevee
sudgy (2): faust, Robz888
Voltaire (1): yuma

Not Voting (6): Archetype, liopoil, NHSederholm, Voltaire, Voltgloss, 2.71828.....

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Day 1 ends Monday November 11 at 8ish FT.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:30:56 pm by mail-mi »

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 06, 2013, 04:02:18 pm »

I don't think what I said was scummy, but that it was controversial.

Okay then, why do you think it's scummy to react to a controversial statement?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »

voltaire no! :(

gah. Moving on though. I am not counterclaiming. Has everyone posted since his claim?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:20 pm »

also, can throw the soft-deadline out the window now. just don't deadline out, and it'd be best if we don't have to scramble to get a lynch.

Anyway, it's time for me to start looking for scum.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 06, 2013, 05:28:22 pm »

And my plan worked perfectly.  Vote: faust

Do I read this correctly? You said something scummy so you can find people scummy for pointing out it was scummy? Now, that's a great scumhunting scheme.

I agree!

vote: faust

I also agree.

Vote: faust

Also:  latest vote count has faust voting twice.  Sorry chairs.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2013, 05:30:36 pm »

Do I read this correctly? You said something scummy so you can find people scummy for pointing out it was scummy? Now, that's a great scumhunting scheme.

I agree!

I also agree.

Fixed. Also flavor added.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 06, 2013, 05:32:12 pm »

Can someone please explain the votes on faust?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 06, 2013, 05:35:57 pm »

I agree!

I also agree.

Turns out I'm really bad at vote counts  :-[

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2013, 05:36:17 pm »

sudgy made a controversial statement to see who would attack him as scummy for doing so.  faust did.  The theory is that he is scum!faust looking for an easily defensible vote target.

faust has since sarcastically remarked that sudgy's plan is "a great scumhunting scheme."  But I actually think, without sarcasm, that sudgy's plan is a reasonable one.  So, between faust's reaction to both sudgy's controversial statement AND his reaction to sudgy's explaining his scheme, I am comfortable voting faust.

I think ash feels the same as me.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

What Voltgloss said.  His reaction to my explanation also confirmed it a bit as Volt said as well.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 06, 2013, 06:40:58 pm »

So Voltaire, are you going to lead us? Townpoints to Gveoniz and Voltgloss for digging info and sharing it with us.

Vote:NHS until further notice.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 06, 2013, 06:45:18 pm »

So Voltaire, are you going to lead us?

vote: Archetype  ;D

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27:23 pm »

I don't get this... your plan worked perfectly, in baiting someone to find you scummy which then tells nothing about your alignment. I don't find sudgy scummy for this as some people have... but I certainly don't find faust scummy....

Maybe I find the people who are finding faust scummy to be scummy? Who is that? voltgloss, ashersky and sudgy, so actually not that many people. And volt and ash were more on my townread of things leading up to this, ash based more off meta, volt based off activity (which is really a null read for him in all honesty)...

So vote: voltgloss for voting faust for finding something scummy that there should be no reason to find scummy. Plus it means I am no longer voting for the claimed Doc!

It also looks like he is using this as a reason to continue to find him scummy after he had to abandon some reasons before. I dont' know if this in itself is scummy... but is something I noticed in my reread.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »

thoughts on the sudgy vote:
It all goes back to this statement
I realized, we can rule out all people saying the doc claiming is good of being the doc...
Now, this statement was either
1) Not well thought out because it clearly is not the case.  Even then it was easy to see a doctor waiting 24-48 hours before claiming.
2) Scummy
3) Part of some brilliant plan to make a "controversial" claim and catch scum by calling sudgy out as scummy for making the claim.

I think we can rule out (1) because sudgy is a vet and I really don't see him doing this.  Those people who voted for sudgy see this statement as (2) and sudgy clearly sees it as (3) and has thus begun a (small) wagon on faust.

Now, coming back and labeling his own claim as "controversial" rather than "oops I wasn't thinking right" is interesting.  It almost makes me want to believe (1) but not quite.  Now, I don't really see what is all that scummy about the claim itself so I will personally rule out (2).  But that means I have to accept that it really was part of some grand plan, which I really don't like to do.  (maybe I just haven't seen enough grand plans to recognize them sitting right in front of me)

So I am back to (1), which is merely to say that sudgy didn't really think the post through and made a mistake.  Now what I do find scummy is going back and covering it up by saying it was "controversial" and not just a lapse.  So,

vote: sudgy

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 06, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »

It wasn't a "master plan", just a plan.  Also, e, why do you rule out #3?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:11 pm »

I don't get this... your plan worked perfectly, in baiting someone to find you scummy which then tells nothing about your alignment. I don't find sudgy scummy for this as some people have... but I certainly don't find faust scummy....

Maybe I find the people who are finding faust scummy to be scummy? Who is that? voltgloss, ashersky and sudgy, so actually not that many people. And volt and ash were more on my townread of things leading up to this, ash based more off meta, volt based off activity (which is really a null read for him in all honesty)...

So vote: voltgloss for voting faust for finding something scummy that there should be no reason to find scummy. Plus it means I am no longer voting for the claimed Doc!

It also looks like he is using this as a reason to continue to find him scummy after he had to abandon some reasons before. I dont' know if this in itself is scummy... but is something I noticed in my reread.

This is really confusing to read.

sudgy did something scummy to bait scummy reactions and faust provided that scummy reaction by finding sudgy's scummy action scummy and then sudgy and others voted faust for the scummy reaction to the scummy action and now yuma is voting voltgloss for voting faust for voting sudgy because voltgloss finding faust's scummy reaction to sudgy's scummy action is scummy according to yuma.

Is that right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 06, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »

sudgy made a controversial statement to see who would attack him as scummy for doing so.  faust did.  The theory is that he is scum!faust looking for an easily defensible vote target.

faust has since sarcastically remarked that sudgy's plan is "a great scumhunting scheme."  But I actually think, without sarcasm, that sudgy's plan is a reasonable one.  So, between faust's reaction to both sudgy's controversial statement AND his reaction to sudgy's explaining his scheme, I am comfortable voting faust.

I think ash feels the same as me.

Whether sudgy's plan was brilliant or not, I did find faust's attitude toward sudgy, including his reaction to sudgy's "plan" to be scummy.

I've come to the realization that "pointing out things that omg help scum how could you say that" isn't actually scummy.  So sudgy saying "huh, I bet we can rule out X people being the doctor because they support the doctor claiming and haven't claimed" isn't scummy, because we all thought of it.  The idea that 4 scum haven't thought of it and sudgy just laid it out for them and they had this realization moment of epiphany is ridiculous.

So finding sudgy scummy for the statement is scummy.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 06, 2013, 09:26:00 pm »

This is really confusing to read.

sudgy did something scummy to bait scummy reactions and faust provided that scummy reaction by finding sudgy's scummy action scummy and then sudgy and others voted faust for the scummy reaction to the scummy action and now yuma is voting voltgloss for voting faust for voting sudgy because voltgloss finding faust's scummy reaction to sudgy's scummy action is scummy according to yuma.

Is that right?

Kinda... it is more that I expect scum to be somehow involved in this whole exchange... I don't see what sudgy did to be scummy nor do I see how faust reacted to be scummy and I have more of a town read on you than voltgloss from other posts and reads.

So yeah what you said is correct to an extent, but it is more that I don't think scum ignores this situation and I see voltgloss's reaction as the one to be most likely to be from scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »

Kinda... it is more that I expect scum to be somehow involved in this whole exchange... I don't see what sudgy did to be scummy nor do I see how faust reacted to be scummy and I have more of a town read on you than voltgloss from other posts and reads.

So yeah what you said is correct to an extent, but it is more that I don't think scum ignores this situation and I see voltgloss's reaction as the one to be most likely to be from scum.

I think with 4 scum in the game, all situations will likely have scum involved.

In this, I think sudgy comes out townier than faust.  As for follow-on votes on faust, my actions are equal to Voltgloss there -- so I understand that you went with Voltgloss based on your reads befoer the faust votes.  Makes sense.

I just don't think my vote was scummy, so I don't see Volt's being scummy either.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 06, 2013, 09:35:24 pm »

Also, where's our IC?  Provide some opinions to which we can respond!

Also, you and I have to argue.  That's how it works with ICs.  (Also, that's how it works with Voltaire/ashersky.)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 06, 2013, 09:52:44 pm »

I was hoping to see more from lio/Archetype. Huge FoS to you two.

What does everyone make of the fact that, theoretically, scum should be scumhunting just as much as town yet this town is lurksville?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 06, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »

The reason I ruled out #3 is because in my mind the statement itself wasn't sound.  There was pressure on Doctor Claiming D1, but at the time of your post there was still a whole lot of D1 remaining, along with some players not posting their opinions on the matter yet.  So "in favor of doc reveal" did not entail "I reveal immediately." 

Now, reading other comments such as
and
I don't see what sudgy did to be scummy nor do I see how faust reacted to be scummy and I have more of a town read on you than voltgloss from other posts and reads.

help me realize more how your statement (as ridiculous as I thought that it was) can be used as a part of a plan to garner reactions and get reads from there.

So based on these further pontifications regarding the situation I am much less inclined to simply throw out the idea of a plan as I had said in my post, but I am still not comfortable with the way you made your statement a "controversial" statement. 

In fact, I am more inclined to think that you jumped on fausts reaction to your statement and claimed it as your "plan" and as time has progressed it actually has developed into something that resembles a plan.  But at post time I didn't see a plan in that statement.  Now I agree with Ashersky in that
but what I find scummy is what I see as revisionist history concerning the post

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 06, 2013, 09:56:50 pm »

help me realize more how your statement (as ridiculous as I thought that it was) can be used as a part of a plan to garner reactions and get reads from there.

I don't have a plan to garner reactions... I am just trying to get reads based off what is given. I am not all that sure what you are saying here....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 06, 2013, 09:59:49 pm »

I don't have a plan to garner reactions... I am just trying to get reads based off what is given. I am not all that sure what you are saying here....

Oh... I think you are talking to sudgy here... Is that right? Sorry I thought you were addressing me as you had quoted my post... It was rather confusing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60  All

Page created in 2.465 seconds with 20 queries.