Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In Which I Ignore Wharf  (Read 1127 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
In Which I Ignore Wharf
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:46:16 pm »
+4

Wharf is perhaps the card I would put at #1 in the "I can't ignore it" department. It's very good in most any strategies. Rushes are usually the only thing you ignore it for, but oftentimes wharf is strong enough to give an option to beat a rush.

Here is a game where I ignore it full stop - in an engine:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20131006/log.514b5511e4b0b79c883b5e3b.1381080622159.txt

Now, I am not saying a free wharf wouldn't help my deck here. But there is enough other important stuff going on that, well, I don't think it's ever the right call for my deck here. Counterfeit to clear me out, ironworks for actions, menagerie for the engine, armory to grab components, bridge for big economy, storeroom to make everything grease together well. I don't think I actually played all that well, but I wanted to share, because this kind of depth makes the game great.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: In Which I Ignore Wharf
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:05:02 am »
+1

Nice board. I almost find it strange that you did not pick up a Ghost Ship after your opponent got only one Menagerie.

I guess Wharf is not that great with Menagerie, because the next turn effect can be basically annuled by deactivating a Menagerie, which you can spam easily here with Armory. Wharf+Counterfeit+Ironmonger would be another way to go, but ignoring Menagerie makes you more vulnerable to Ghost Ship attacks.

ironworks

You mean Ironmonger.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:07:51 am by soulnet »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.