Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: UK 7 Wonders tournament  (Read 1640 times)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
UK 7 Wonders tournament
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:57:24 am »
+2

My regular boardgames club, Beyond Monopoly, is hosting a 7 Wonders tournament in York on Saturday September 21st. It can take up to 49 players (although I doubt it will get more than maybe 25), and there are prizes of £60, £40, and £20 for first, second and third place respectively in the form of gift cards for Travelling Man; a FLGS based in York, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle. They also have an online store. There will also be other prizes for e.g. Highest single score from science, Most points scored through war, etc. although details of these prizes are to be confirmed.

It seems unlikely* I can make the tournament now it's been moved from the 7th to the 21st, as I'll be at York Beer Festival for my brother's birthday, so I figured I'd see if any of you guys wanted to turn up and take the prize that would have been mine!

Click here for further details

*I might go to the tournament and turn up late for the beer fest, I haven't decided yet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:58:46 am by Thisisnotasmile »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: UK 7 Wonders tournament
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:44:39 am »

Mmm... a shame York isn't easy for me to get to, or I might have attended. Maybe I'll still look into it.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

yaffle

• Pearl Diver
  • Shuffle iT Username: yaffle
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:17:27 am »
+1

Hey TINAS
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this up and to let everyone else know in the York area that we had a great time at the club. It was me and my boys first session at a Board game club let alone a tournament and it was excellent. Everyone was so friendly! We will definitely be going back, and recommend it to everyone. Their games library is immense!
I'm going to boast as well because my eldest son played really well and ended up winning! He went for science most of the games and managed to get some decent scores.
so thanks again - and sorry that we missed seeing you there - hope the beer festival was good!
yaffle

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 12:48:22 pm »

I figured I'd see if any of you guys wanted to turn up and take the prize that would have been mine!

my eldest son played really well and ended up winning!

I guess I should have turned up then if first prize was mine ;)

Congrats to your son. Glad you had a good time and sorry I couldn't make it. What I remember of the beer festival was good but my memory is a bit hazy towards the end! I remember eating three hog roasts and being really happy with myself about it. We also managed to drink a beer named (or whose brewery was named) beginning with each letter of the alphabet, lucklily we were only drinking thirds but it was still an effort to get through. Also, the balloon modelling man was awesome. I spent half of the festival with a huge penis on my head.

Anyhow, I hope to see you at BM some time. I'll be around this Saturday if you are.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.467 seconds with 21 queries.