Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vineyards again  (Read 757 times)

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
Vineyards again
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »
+1

So, Robz recently posted the game with 9VP vineyards, getting there with ruins.

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130902/log.514cd37de4b0fe3236619906.1378148383199.txt

I'm really surprised my opponent didn't go for Vineyards himself--this is like the Vineyards dream board, with cheap Actions, Stonemason, and even Border Village (though I don't take advantage of that). Well, not only does he leave me to get all 8 Vineyards, he actually buys 7 Cultists. This puts me in the awkward situation of not wanting to play my Lighthouses! Give me ALL the Ruins, please.

Now I just played a game which is close to the VY dream board, except for the lack of great halls, islands or nobles. ;-) Similar to Robz, I was surprised my opponent didn't go VY himself. I felt a little under pressure when he had 5 provinces and a duchy (this duchy being a clear mistake, imho, even despite the hovel trashing) after 15 turns and not a real sign of deceleration in his double embassy deck. But eventually my plan resolved itself really nicely and I stopped pushing my VY higher for the sake of ending this 15 VP VY game :).

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:20:20 pm by lespeutere »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 21 queries.