Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia  (Read 95522 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia
« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2013, 05:44:52 pm »

Ash volt sudgy scum team calling it now.

Like the question I've asked you multiple times now?

Oops, wow, I was thinking of Volt's post and replied to chairs through it.  Read his post then mine:

Don't you have anything else to say, Mr. Lurk?

If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »

wait - so are you actually asking me a question, sudgy?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »

wait - so are you actually asking me a question, sudgy?

No, I'm asking chairs the question.  But I was thinking of it in terms of your post.  Sorry, that was a weird way to go about it.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:51 pm »

I have no idea what is going on at this point. Galz unvoted but then said a sudgy lynch is good. Multiple people appear to be running/have run gambits. Until more people come forward and state what they think and what they want, this game will continue to make no sense to me.

Does anyone else see what I am saying about ash?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »

Also, another random rant.  I get lynched in almost every game I play.  I've been trying harder not to get lynched because of this by opposing it more, but it always just gets people more suspicious of me.  So, the more I oppose the lynch, the more scummy I get, and the less I oppose the lynch, the more likely it is to go through.  What a great game, where I have no hope of living past D1.

Regardless of your alignment, don't be discouraged by this. It's something that many of us have gone through. Robz and I both were common D1/N1 targets for quite some time because we were either seen as too "dangerous as scum to risk leaving alive", or scum saw us as "too dangerous as town to leave alive". I think I went 6 straight games at one point not living to see D2. Eevee too, has experienced the "he's so scummy lynch hiiiiim" D1 syndrome. At some point people learn. As long as you're not scum. :P

Like, take the flip side. Shraeye is -always- scum. So no matter how townie he comes across, we should just lynch him, because he'll flip scum.

My point is, you need to get past trying to play such that town wants you alive, or thinks you're a bad lynch. Defending yourself, as ridiculous as it sounds, will always read scummy, because you're more focused on saving your own hide then finding scum. Play towards town's wincon, and not your own (even when they're the same!) And things will get better.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2013, 05:53:59 pm »

I did not know that Ash has a known view of finding people scummy for doing what he himself did.  If you could point out where that view comes from that might help me out.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »

The Sudgy lynch is nice at this point for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, there's been a lot of movement around the wagon from many different players. Certainly going forward there will be a good deal to analyze one way or another.

Yes, this is true.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2013, 05:54:30 pm »

I did not know that Ash has a known view of finding people scummy for doing what he himself did.  If you could point out where that view comes from that might help me out.

I was always say, it's not scummy when Robz does it!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:15 pm »

I have no idea what is going on at this point. Galz unvoted but then said a sudgy lynch is good. Multiple people appear to be running/have run gambits. Until more people come forward and state what they think and what they want, this game will continue to make no sense to me.

Point me to one game where scum derphammered, and I'll point you to ten where town did.

Regardless of his contradiction over the act itself, the fact is "the act itself", ironically, is far more likely to be done by town than scum.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »

Sudgy, I think I played 6 or so games before I played a day2.  Innovation was my first Day2, and I had been in Mean Girls, Back to Basics, a Blitz game, Shakespeare, and I think one more before I got to day2.  In fact, I think I've played over 10 games and only lived more than 2 days once.  So it happens.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »

Point me to one game where scum derphammered, and I'll point you to ten where town did.

Regardless of his contradiction over the act itself, the fact is "the act itself", ironically, is far more likely to be done by town than scum.

I was just about to make that point. Yes.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »

The derphammer is a fine and useful tool for town.

Points to anyone who gets this old school reference.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »

From Clue (we were both town):

Vote: ashersky

Policy vote.

We cannot encourage intentional anti-town play. We cannot allow self-voting. That's not fun, and it does not help town win (by definition). UoS has a very good post summarizing why ash may also, in fact, be scum. Hence, my comfort in casting this vote, though it is mostly based on the fact that town does not benefit long-term by this sort of nonsense.

I've gotten enough reads out of today that I think town doesn't lose too much in this specific game, and I'm comfortable with the long-term gain.

Ash, I asked you to start playing how you'd like us to play. You didn't change your style. I cannot see how you are possibly helping town in this game if you are town.

Also, for those of you keeping track, this was an L-1 vote with NO ANNOUNCEMENT OR INTENT MENTIONED.

Add it to your scummy actions tally, folks.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2013, 05:58:00 pm »

I agree.  Scum are going to be more careful to check to make sure they're not doing something that "obviously scummy".

I will admit that I did not check the vote count before I voted Sudgy, because I knew he wasn't close.  It's possible that Ash didn't check, or did check and saw it wasn't the hammer.  It's just not a big deal to me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2013, 05:58:10 pm »

I actually went back and dug the quote just a few games ago... Good times. :P

Mafia Record:

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2013, 06:01:41 pm »

I've been holding this back as long as possible, for my future scum games, but I'm going to put it out now because I need to stop my lynch.  I don't even know if it will help, but we'll see.

How to catch me as scum:

1. First, it's hard.  I play scum as town, as I've said before.  I can remember which games I've been scum (LotR, Shakespeare), but I won't be able to remember if a specific statement I said sometime was as scum or town.  I get them that mixed up.  The best way to catch me is to target me as a cop.
2. Despite this, there is something in my subconscious while I'm typing up a post that I am scum this game.  The best time to catch me with this is right at the beginning of the day, when my being scum is fresh in my mind.
3. My reactions to my scumbuddies.  This is probably the best one (other than a cop).  Whenever I saw Jimmmmm in LotR, I couldn't not think about how he was my scumbuddy.  I'm not sure how I would react differently to my scumbuddy than to others, but I'm sure there is a difference since I see the people differently.

PPE: I think the reason people are saying ash doing it is scummy is because he's been so against it before.  I still maintain that he's not a good lynch today, while he has moved into my scumreads.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »

I suddenly feel ancient and have nO idea why.

-- excerpted from the journals of Cao Cao

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2013, 06:03:56 pm »

To illustrate point #2, look at the beginning of LotR (RMM7, I think).  My first few posts there about flavor claiming was generally already cooked up in the QT, something I don't usually like doing as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2013, 06:04:44 pm »

I've been holding this back as long as possible, for my future scum games,

Hey, get a load of Robz Jr. over here...

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:31 pm »

I'd like to hear what Ash has to say in response to Voltaire.  That's certainly a contradiction.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »

There are reports that Dhong Zhuo's army is on the move. Once we decide on who to lynch, I will allow some time for last words and then you will all retire to your tents. Make sure everyone sends me a messenger so the spies won't know who to target.

Vote Count 1.10:

chairs (2): theorel, sudgy
sudgy (4): Twistedarcher, chairs, yuma, nkirbit
ashersky (2): XerxesPraelor, Voltaire
XerxesPraelor (1): Eevee
Twistedarcher (1): mail-mi
Voltaire (2): Robz888, Ashersky

Not Voting (1): Galzria

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on October, 19 at 8:00 p.m. Forum time.

[/quote]
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 17, 2013, 06:12:26 pm »

There are reports that Dhong Zhuo's army is on the move. Once we decide on who to lynch, I will allow some time for last words and then you will all retire to your tents. Make sure everyone sends me a messenger so the spies won't know who to target.

Vote Count 1.10:

chairs (2): theorel, sudgy
sudgy (4): Twistedarcher, chairs, yuma, nkirbit
ashersky (2): XerxesPraelor, Voltaire
XerxesPraelor (1): Eevee
Twistedarcher (1): mail-mi
Voltaire (2): Robz888, Ashersky

Not Voting (1): Galzria

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on October, 19 at 8:00 p.m. Forum time.

[/quote]

I have almost made the [/quote] mistake so many times as a mod...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 17, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »

I am totally okay with a sudgy lynch, but I don't prefer it. The ATE is a bit scummy, but I'mgetting more townie vibes from him than scummy.

Y u no want TA lynch? I want to reread this thread when I have access to a computer. Ash seems a lot more scummy from that L-1 vote on sudgy, BUT, he is a claimed PR that we can rat out later if he is scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »

From Clue (we were both town):

Vote: ashersky

Policy vote.

We cannot encourage intentional anti-town play. We cannot allow self-voting. That's not fun, and it does not help town win (by definition). UoS has a very good post summarizing why ash may also, in fact, be scum. Hence, my comfort in casting this vote, though it is mostly based on the fact that town does not benefit long-term by this sort of nonsense.

I've gotten enough reads out of today that I think town doesn't lose too much in this specific game, and I'm comfortable with the long-term gain.

Ash, I asked you to start playing how you'd like us to play. You didn't change your style. I cannot see how you are possibly helping town in this game if you are town.

Also, for those of you keeping track, this was an L-1 vote with NO ANNOUNCEMENT OR INTENT MENTIONED.

Add it to your scummy actions tally, folks.

I was tunneling you hardcore and pointed out something that wasn't really scummy to make you seem scummier.  Wasn't I scum then, too?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 17, 2013, 06:29:41 pm »

Plus, there's no requirement to say "this is the L-1 vote" when voting. 

Plus, I would have been fine if that was the hammer.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.773 seconds with 20 queries.