Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia  (Read 95647 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia
« Reply #600 on: October 17, 2013, 04:24:54 pm »

Voltaire was caught red-handed piling on sudgy, who I expected to be a mislynch. And he should have expected it too. In fact he did, he sort of even noted it and then just went ahead. Very scummy.

why is sudgy a mislynch... Your whole hypothesis rests on sudgy being a mislynch. This has not been proven.

this logic is just as faulty as me hypothesizing that theorel is scum because he could fit the role as sudgy's partner. Both rely on information we don't have....

I buy that sudgy is town.

Why

My reading of his actions.

oh, thanks... that explains everything... vote: robz

Yep, I'm vaguely answering your question because I am scum, I'm sure that's just what scum!Robz would do...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »

Which of the two posts where I explained my position re:ashersky would you like me to re quote for you?

The one where you explain why you left your vote on him for a long time.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 17, 2013, 04:26:24 pm »

Voltaire was caught red-handed piling on sudgy, who I expected to be a mislynch. And he should have expected it too. In fact he did, he sort of even noted it and then just went ahead. Very scummy.

why is sudgy a mislynch... Your whole hypothesis rests on sudgy being a mislynch. This has not been proven.

this logic is just as faulty as me hypothesizing that theorel is scum because he could fit the role as sudgy's partner. Both rely on information we don't have....

Why

Yep, I'm vaguely answering your question because I am scum, I'm sure that's just what scum!Robz would do...

scum!Robz is capable of anything... but thanks for verifying that you are in fact being vague. Why are you being vague?

/in before you say "because I feel like it"

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 17, 2013, 04:27:39 pm »

For Voltaire:

Yep sure, I can explain.

Initially, my vote for ashersky was a silly vote. I had not read the whole thread, I only gathered that he had claimed, which irritated me, but I didn't know the full context. I knew he wasn't in danger though, so it's between a policy vote and a just plain silly vote.

Having actually read the thread, I no longer believed ashersky's actions were bad. I see what he was doing in claiming. I actually thought I had unvoted or switched votes at that point, but it seems not.

Then, ashersky's outrage at Galz read weird and fake to me. Well, not fake exactly, but like there's something else afoot. I know ashersky has feigned anger and threatening behavior for the sake of a plot. In this case, I agree with Galz that it seems scummy. So I was happy to have my vote on ashersky, actually.

At this point, I don't really think he's the best lynch, and I've agreed with a lot of his strategy. I just think his attitude recently reads scummy. So anyway, I'll probably move my vote, but I don't know whether yet.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 17, 2013, 04:29:42 pm »

Why

scum!Robz is capable of anything... but thanks for verifying that you are in fact being vague. Why are you being vague?

Look man, sudgy got really panicky early and unnecessarily, and made comments that his lynch would be the worst thing ever, and I more often see this kind of unwarranted panic and woe-is-me-this-game-is-already-lost-if-you-lynch-me from town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »

Why

Look man, sudgy got really panicky early and unnecessarily, and made comments that his lynch would be the worst thing ever, and I more often see this kind of unwarranted panic and woe-is-me-this-game-is-already-lost-if-you-lynch-me from town.

Look, MAN, that is all I wanted. I don't know it took you four posts and a vote on you to get you to finally explain it... But thanks, for finally getting there.

vote: sudgy

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:52 pm »

Why

Look, MAN, that is all I wanted. I don't know it took you four posts and a vote on you to get you to finally explain it... But thanks, for finally getting there.

Why do you disagree?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 17, 2013, 04:33:47 pm »

Why

Why do you disagree?

my reading of his actions

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 17, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 17, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »

Why

Why do you disagree?

my reading of his actions

Oh thanks that explains everything... vote: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 17, 2013, 04:35:46 pm »

but seriously...

I think his response fits the bill of more panicky scum. He has been overreactive I think to many of the parts of cases that have come up against him. He hasn't participated in scum hunting, and what he has has been very forced and only when asked. Add that to just my general read of him aside from his reaction that you just listed and yeah, I have a scum read on him.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 17, 2013, 04:37:59 pm »

I want a sudgy or TA Lynch, won't do mail-mi, Galz, ash, Yuma (the last two might change) and might do pretty much anyone else.

vote: mail-mi

This is an acti-lurking uh-oh post:

I'm happy to be voting Yumasudgy. What's the case on Theorel, Yuma?

What is the Theo case?

How's a mail-mi lynch sound?  Other than overdone?
Absolutely terrible. Sorry for the absence, I've had a lot of homework recently. I'll do stuff when I can.
You know what I hate? When people have IRL legit reasons to be gone and people get voted/lunched over it. I would policy vote you now if I didn't think you were town.

I voted for the post, not the reasons.  The reasons may be valid.  Just put them in VLA and not as an excuse here the moment you get called out.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 17, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »

Okay, I'm still trying to figure things out.  I really dislike ashersky's threat of "I'm going to do everything in my power to make town lose".  Followed by "I'm always trying to make my team win, breaking rules to make my team win is just how I play the game" to defend his threat of getting himself mod-killed.

This just seems so much like the scum-ash gambit of mean-girls where he went and /outed from all his games when his claim was disbelieved.

I felt like Voltaire's argument was valid yesterday, when he wanted to vote ash simply for the behavior.  I wanted to see what ash said when he came back.  Annd, it seems scummy to me.  I mean his initial couple posts holding to the whole "I can't break the game, because it'd get me modkilled" thing sounded townie.  But then he switched to, "I'm always working towards my teams win-con, I never actually wanted to get modkilled."  It's broken, the townie stuff doesn't fit.  He was never really frustratedly wanting to kill himself to prove his point, he just pretended to.  I dunno, lies lies everywhere...I don't like lying town, pretending town.  It's anti-town, it distracts everyone from scum-hunting.  How are we supposed to find the difference between scum and town, when town itself is lying?  I'm fully of the opinion that deception does NOT help town.

But, he did self-vote.  He's still not done it before as scum, nor not done it as town.  It's so over-the-top, that maybe he's faking it because he's concerned about that side of his meta being exploited.  I've mentioned it every game so far, so he does know that he can use it to manipulate me at least.  But, until I see otherwise, I'm going to play as though it's entirely indicative of his alignment.

Break the game and modkill were completely separate.  I can't talk about the first.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 17, 2013, 04:41:48 pm »

I voted for the post, not the reasons.  The reasons may be valid.  Just put them in VLA and not as an excuse here the moment you get called out.

This. It sucks, but scum uses that excuse, so I look out for it too (though I personally do not think mail-mi's comment is scummy here).

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 17, 2013, 05:00:11 pm »

Want to lynch:
Robz (I know you're defending me, but you're earlier stuff is still somewhat scummy, and you started getting more active when called out on it)
chairs (the way he went about voting me seems suspicious, he has barely anything that he's said against me and it seems like he's trying to push an easy mislynch)
Could lynch:
mail-mi and eevee for lurking (can't think of any other big lurkers without looking)
Maybe lynch:
Everybody not in the other categories
Won't lynch:
sudgy
Galzria
ashersky (unless I know he's 100% scum, leaving a claimed 1-shot PR alive is a stupid idea)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 17, 2013, 05:00:26 pm »

Anybody else?  We need to move towards a lynch.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 17, 2013, 05:02:35 pm »

I agree with Yuma more than Robz in terms of Sudgy's panicking.  Both scum and town panic, for sure, but I think Sudgy's does fall on the side of scum in my mind.  I think when town panics, they tend to look elsewhere and desperately try and find "a better case"... I know I did this as town in both B2B and Dr. Who when I was on the chopping blocks.  Trying to find something that will convince everyone that others are more guilty... it's more likely to happen for a town member because the stuff IS there, you just have to find it.  I think Sudgy also did more of this when he was on the chopping block day1 in LOTR2.. he pushed a case on TA quite heavily, even when he was one of the primary lynches.

The only case I can remember of a player completely tunneling in on their own defense, ignoring all other cases entirely, is Chairs in Harry Potter.  And he was scum there.

Sudgy certainly is different from LOTR2 from what I recall of that game.

Vote: Sudgy

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 17, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »

Anybody else?  We need to move towards a lynch.

Will lynch:
ash
sudgy
chairs

Would lynch:
anyone not listed below

Won't lynch:
yuma, TA, Galz (theorel?)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:49 pm »

Want to lynch:
Robz (I know you're defending me, but you're earlier stuff is still somewhat scummy, and you started getting more active when called out on it)
chairs (the way he went about voting me seems suspicious, he has barely anything that he's said against me and it seems like he's trying to push an easy mislynch)
Could lynch:
mail-mi and eevee for lurking (can't think of any other big lurkers without looking)
Maybe lynch:
Everybody not in the other categories
Won't lynch:
sudgy
Galzria
ashersky (unless I know he's 100% scum, leaving a claimed 1-shot PR alive is a stupid idea)

What does line about me mean?  Planning to kill me tonight?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 17, 2013, 05:05:46 pm »

Pretty sure that's the hammer, unless you or nkirbit were already voting him.

if not it's L-1 because Robz unvoted.

EVERYONE ELSE CHECK THE VOTE COUNTS

huge scumread on ash if he just "derp"hammered or L-1'd. He knows better.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

unvote if possible until I know what is going on.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:06 pm »

And nkirbit I guess. Going to check votes now.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:59 pm »

That's L-1, I'm pretty sure.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 17, 2013, 05:08:56 pm »

Current votes on sudgy:

sudgy (6): Twistedarcher, yuma, chairs, Voltaire, nkirbit, ash

PPE: Yup. L-1

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 17, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »

I agree with Yuma more than Robz in terms of Sudgy's panicking.  Both scum and town panic, for sure, but I think Sudgy's does fall on the side of scum in my mind.  I think when town panics, they tend to look elsewhere and desperately try and find "a better case"... I know I did this as town in both B2B and Dr. Who when I was on the chopping blocks.  Trying to find something that will convince everyone that others are more guilty... it's more likely to happen for a town member because the stuff IS there, you just have to find it.  I think Sudgy also did more of this when he was on the chopping block day1 in LOTR2.. he pushed a case on TA quite heavily, even when he was one of the primary lynches.

The only case I can remember of a player completely tunneling in on their own defense, ignoring all other cases entirely, is Chairs in Harry Potter.  And he was scum there.

Sudgy certainly is different from LOTR2 from what I recall of that game.

Vote: Sudgy

Yay, a vote on me that actually makes sense!

Do you remember me in MXXV?  You hammered me.  I didn't try to get anybody else lynched, and only changed my vote in my second to last post before getting hammered, my reads post.

PPE: Ash, think of it this way:

1. If ash is town:
     1a. If we lynch him today, horrible.
     1b. If we lynch him after using his 1-shot, bad, but not as bad.
2. If ash is town:
     2a. If we lynch him today, yay.
     2b. If we lynch him after "using" his 1-shot, yay.

It makes more sense to lynch you later rather than sooner.

PPE again: I almost got hammered?  Be careful!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.351 seconds with 21 queries.