Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia  (Read 95586 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2013, 01:49:12 pm »

Unvote

So, I believe sudgy, I guess. Who came aboard? Voltaire. Who I had mega suspicion of much earlier.

Vote: Voltaire

I hate these sort of "gambits"... the never work. This coming from me, who tried one in MIX on sparky... I voted for him to see who would join, turns out only town joined because it was a damn good case on scum! But no... I was convinced it was the people joining the wagon who were scum...

These sort of things don't work and I think robz should know better than to try and use them...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »

Unvote

So, I believe sudgy, I guess. Who came aboard? Voltaire. Who I had mega suspicion of much earlier.

Vote: Voltaire

Wait, what? Sudgy made one post since you last posted. What part of it changed your mind?

Or is it the fact that I voted for sudgy? I'd announced "intent to vote" on him ages ago, prior to the whole modkill brouhaha.

No, I kind of believed sudgy the whole time. Wanted to see who would vote for him, though. And intent to votes are scummy.

LAME!!!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2013, 01:50:05 pm »

You put an emoticon in your vote explanation post.

Have you ever gone back and figured out if that is true, post-games?

It's impossible for me to get a handle on this game because there are so many players who appear to be playing intentionally anti-town that I can't have reads on anybody. (intentional hyperbole referencing frustration with ash, Robz, sudgy as I doubt those three are the scum team)

Eevee in Mafia 3!

Speaking of which , where is the Pokemon?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2013, 01:52:53 pm »

Eevee in Mafia 3!

Speaking of which , where is the Pokemon?

And Eevee has been town who used emoticons in how many games?

You used a dumb gambit to confirmation-bias yourself into voting for me. Voltaire is  >:(.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2013, 01:53:57 pm »

Completely ok with a chairs lynch if all the sudgy and ash voters claim they're all lying. Would rather still lynch sudgy or ash.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2013, 02:22:37 pm »

No, I kind of believed sudgy the whole time. Wanted to see who would vote for him, though. And intent to votes are scummy.

You know what makes this game impossible? When town lies.

Why me instead of Twistedarcher, yuma, chairs?

So you're saying that you know robz is town?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2013, 02:32:07 pm »

that is obviously not what he is saying...

town can refer to both the alignment "town" as well as town, as in everyone playing in this "town"... all 13 players

as in "jeez... this town is being crazy today"

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »

I had this exact same reaction. And it's the second time he's done this today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2013, 03:23:36 pm »

I had this exact same reaction. And it's the second time he's done this today.

what is he supposed to say?

"You know what makes this game impossible? When someone of unknown alignment that could potentially be either town or scum (I don't know which they are because I am town and have no knowledge of anyone else's alignment) lie?"

Yeah... that just rolls off the fingertips...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2013, 03:43:15 pm »

wut yuma said

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2013, 03:45:57 pm »

Also, I was insanely tempted to vote Robz, because I think his play recently has been anti-town, but I held myself back because anti-town != scum, and Robz plays this way regularly. Which is frustrating, so I went with expressing the frustration instead. Unfortunately the entire thing is a nulltell on Robz, which is said. I would prefer to have solidified a townread on him, or something.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »

Voltaire was caught red-handed piling on sudgy, who I expected to be a mislynch. And he should have expected it too. In fact he did, he sort of even noted it and then just went ahead. Very scummy.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »

Also, I was insanely tempted to vote Robz, because I think his play recently has been anti-town, but I held myself back because anti-town != scum, and Robz plays this way regularly. Which is frustrating, so I went with expressing the frustration instead. Unfortunately the entire thing is a nulltell on Robz, which is said. I would prefer to have solidified a townread on him, or something.

I can empathize with this.  I've repeatedly felt like there's so much anti-town play happening in these frustratration-inspired posts that I'm almost at self-voting levels of annoyed.  I'm not willing to give up on Town winning this on D1, but I think we're doing our best to try not to win, I think.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2013, 04:08:34 pm »

Voltaire was caught red-handed piling on sudgy, who I expected to be a mislynch. And he should have expected it too. In fact he did, he sort of even noted it and then just went ahead. Very scummy.

why is sudgy a mislynch... Your whole hypothesis rests on sudgy being a mislynch. This has not been proven.

this logic is just as faulty as me hypothesizing that theorel is scum because he could fit the role as sudgy's partner. Both rely on information we don't have....

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2013, 04:12:43 pm »

Other than me, who would you want to lynch? What do you think about ash at this point?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »

why is sudgy a mislynch... Your whole hypothesis rests on sudgy being a mislynch. This has not been proven.

this logic is just as faulty as me hypothesizing that theorel is scum because he could fit the role as sudgy's partner. Both rely on information we don't have....

I buy that sudgy is town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2013, 04:15:40 pm »

Other than me, who would you want to lynch? What do you think about ash at this point?

Ash is narrowly more likely scum than town, I think, but I don't want to lynch him.

I'd lynch lurker!Eevee.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »

Chairs, why are you still voting me when what you quoted was not a contradiction?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

Ash is narrowly more likely scum than town, I think, but I don't want to lynch him.

And when/what made that change? Particularly the "don't want to lynch him" part.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »

And when/what made that change? Particularly the "don't want to lynch him" part.

Well, he's a claimed PR, right? So there are bigger consequences to mislynching him, and we're going to be more confident on him tomorrow. Thus the "don't want to lynch him," part.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »

Why

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 17, 2013, 04:22:45 pm »

Well, he's a claimed PR, right? So there are bigger consequences to mislynching him, and we're going to be more confident on him tomorrow. Thus the "don't want to lynch him," part.

But you were voting for him for a very long time after he claimed 1-shot doc. It's ok if your thinking changed, but like yuma just said, why did it change?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2013, 04:22:51 pm »

Why

My reading of his actions.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »

Why

My reading of his actions.

oh, thanks... that explains everything... vote: robz

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2013, 04:23:56 pm »

But you were voting for him for a very long time after he claimed 1-shot doc. It's ok if your thinking changed, but like yuma just said, why did it change?

Which of the two posts where I explained my position re:ashersky would you like me to re quote for you?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.324 seconds with 20 queries.