Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia  (Read 95526 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: Dynasty Warriors Mafia
« Reply #400 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:53 pm »

Or claims.

Like, Masons. Dudes.  Please.  You know what's awesome?  Narrowing down the lynch pool by A LOT.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2013, 10:54:29 pm »

I am not one to call scumteams... and that isn't what I am doing here, but if sudgy is scum I would peg theorel as his most likely partner, especially after that last post

specifically his comments about me:
yuma: second voter on sudgy.  He seems to be playing a less blinder-focused game (than TA), although he's definitely going in for the sudgy-lynch.  My memory of scum-yuma was him constantly bringing up partner Glooble as scummy.  He's leading town somewhat, and obviously invested in the game (presumably due to his drought of games).  I think you should be wary of yuma, especially if he has over-accurate reads.  (although he could play up that angle and lead a bunch of mislynches too).  I think I'm going to maintain a scum-read on yuma as I do with shraeye...just too hard to detect for me to feel safe with a town-read towards him.  scumScore: 25

and about sudgy:

sudgy: I see the arguments against him, but I don't feel like he's scummy enough to be getting this much support for his lynch.  At this point, I am getting a little suspicious of his wagon...It's a slow build, but nothing else seems to be going anywhere.  scumScore: 25

about me is interesting because he does bring up a game (MXIX) where I bussed Glooble hard. Like, really, really hard. And he brings it up to make everyone wary of me if sudgy flips mafia. This could just be him being wary--and it is a somewhat valid, although very outdated as my views on bussing have changed pretty dramatically since then--or it could be him potentially trying to set me up as a mislynch tomorrow if sudgy (his partner) goes down in flames.

Along that note, that is what makes me suspicious of the second quote. Theorel has been playing this line of saying that sudgy is kinda suspicious, but not worth voting for. He is toeing the line on it. Not disagreeing with it, but not really joining it. He is walking very carefully along the line... maybe trying to see if he should join on as a late busser? But not defending it too hard incase it does go through.

Anyways... like I said, I am not saying theorel and sudgy are partners because I don't know if sudgy is scum or not. But if sudgy is scum, theorel is certainly where I will be looking tomorrow. If sudgy is town... well I will get back to you tomorrow on what I think of him, because a lot will change after seeing sudgy's flip, performing a reread and any nk that we have... And if sudgy doesn't get lynched... well I think that would be just too bad...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2013, 10:55:32 pm »

chairs wasn't scum in clue. raerae, nkirbit and liopoil were scum there...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2013, 11:02:52 pm »

Was just about to post that myself!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:29 pm »

Was chairs the Hider, then?  Or the one who came up with the plan?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »

I am not one to call scumteams... and that isn't what I am doing here, but if sudgy is scum I would peg theorel as his most likely partner, especially after that last post

specifically his comments about me:
yuma: second voter on sudgy.  He seems to be playing a less blinder-focused game (than TA), although he's definitely going in for the sudgy-lynch.  My memory of scum-yuma was him constantly bringing up partner Glooble as scummy.  He's leading town somewhat, and obviously invested in the game (presumably due to his drought of games).  I think you should be wary of yuma, especially if he has over-accurate reads.  (although he could play up that angle and lead a bunch of mislynches too).  I think I'm going to maintain a scum-read on yuma as I do with shraeye...just too hard to detect for me to feel safe with a town-read towards him.  scumScore: 25

and about sudgy:

sudgy: I see the arguments against him, but I don't feel like he's scummy enough to be getting this much support for his lynch.  At this point, I am getting a little suspicious of his wagon...It's a slow build, but nothing else seems to be going anywhere.  scumScore: 25

about me is interesting because he does bring up a game (MXIX) where I bussed Glooble hard. Like, really, really hard. And he brings it up to make everyone wary of me if sudgy flips mafia. This could just be him being wary--and it is a somewhat valid, although very outdated as my views on bussing have changed pretty dramatically since then--or it could be him potentially trying to set me up as a mislynch tomorrow if sudgy (his partner) goes down in flames.

Along that note, that is what makes me suspicious of the second quote. Theorel has been playing this line of saying that sudgy is kinda suspicious, but not worth voting for. He is toeing the line on it. Not disagreeing with it, but not really joining it. He is walking very carefully along the line... maybe trying to see if he should join on as a late busser? But not defending it too hard incase it does go through.

Anyways... like I said, I am not saying theorel and sudgy are partners because I don't know if sudgy is scum or not. But if sudgy is scum, theorel is certainly where I will be looking tomorrow. If sudgy is town... well I will get back to you tomorrow on what I think of him, because a lot will change after seeing sudgy's flip, performing a reread and any nk that we have... And if sudgy doesn't get lynched... well I think that would be just too bad...

I think TA is sudgy's partner, if sudgy is scum.

Maybe sudgy-TA-theo?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2013, 11:09:53 pm »

UoS was the hider... and the whole plan was kinda group workshopped by a lot of people...

chairs claimed VT early and was the alternate lynch to voltaire day1 and then lived forever...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 15, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »

Maybe sudgy-TA-theo?

Man I am barely comfortable theorizing that theorel and sudgy might be partners... so I am no where close to suggesting a trio.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:26 pm »

Maybe sudgy-TA-theo?

Man I am barely comfortable theorizing that theorel and sudgy might be partners... so I am no where close to suggesting a trio.

But I always am.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:55 pm »

UoS was the hider... and the whole plan was kinda group workshopped by a lot of people...

chairs claimed VT early and was the alternate lynch to voltaire day1 and then lived forever...

I strongly opposed it, and I was town.

Chairs wasn't alive at the end though.  That was me, Jimmmmm, and raerae.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:32 pm »

Reads, after rereading each person:

Eevee: Nothing too special, it picked up a bit with his vote on me (for not noticing TA's wagon).  Also suspects Xerxes.  Null.
Robz: Taken hard stances on vigs not shooting, didn't know the setup and didn't notice other things (ash's claim).  He has said that I would be okay to be lynched, but doesn't say anything really against me or vote for me.  Knowing my alignment, that makes me lean scum on him.
ashersky: Main thing is his claim.  I lean town from it, and would be against his lynch because if he is town, he hasn't used his doc yet.  He's also thought TA was scummy.  I lean town in the end.
Voltaire: Nothing much.  But he almost claimed a PR in post 134?!?  His not saying much rings some bells for me, but still null.
yuma: tunneltunneltunnel.  Come on yuma, you have so many tunnels, if just dropped the case on me and discarded it, you would get so much gold.  Okay, seriously now, his main contribution has been tunneling me.  I'm thinking he's just misguided town, but I'm not sure where I get that.  I would think he wouldn't do it as scum.  So slight town.
TA: Didn't remember much, reading back all I remember of it was his not saying if he would vig N1 or not.  And his case on me.  Null.
theorel: usual self, posting a bajillion statistics, the main interesting things is that he doesn't see me as too scummy.  In the end, though, it's a null.
sudgy: I don't see much of a case on him.  Obv town.  ;)
mail-mi: Hard to read, but seems close to his usual self.  He had the same stance as Robz did, and that seems scummy, but not quite as much for him.  So, null-ish I guess.
chairs: He has almost nothing.  Slight scum-ish because of that.  Slight tangent (not a sine or cosine), but this got me frustrated:

Sudgy - His discussion on how "scum!sudgy" plays like "town!sudgy" sounded forced the last time I heard it, and it sounds force d now.  Sudgy, you need a new meta, man.  Scummy.

I can't change my meta, that's me.  You can't get mad at me for just being me, and it definitely doesn't deserve a vote.

nkirbit: He jumps around in votes for a while, finally landing on me for contradicting myself.  Could you tell me where that was?  Null.
Xerxes: Has too few posts to know anything, so null.

Also, I was just thinking, anybody who is voting me for my voting patterns pre-robz vote, that is the dumbest thing ever.  I do it every game, to get the game going, but it always backfires and gets me lynched.  Almost every game.  I get lynched.  It's frustrating.  CAN SOMEONE ACTUALLY LYNCH ME FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN BEING NORMAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  It's frustrating how I get lynched almost every game for the worst reason ever.

Vote: Robz888 because it's my biggest scumread, but not much.  And I am going to policy vote anybody who votes me for being like I usually am.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 15, 2013, 11:34:23 pm »

nkirbit: He jumps around in votes for a while, finally landing on me for contradicting myself.  Could you tell me where that was?  Null.

He actually ultimately lands away from you...

here are the two posts in question:

I find Sudgy contradicting what he said earlier to be scummy.

Theorel, I don't understand what you're talking about with regards to the SK.  If Ash is on a scumteam of two, he knows, 100%, that 1-shot doctor is a fake claim.  Whether or not there is a SK.  Every single time.  Give me a setup that has a two man scum-team that has a one-shot doctor in it and I'll be forced to admit I have absolutely no clue how this set up works, but as far as I can tell, there is no such setup.

I'm not saying that Ash is scum.  I don't think he is.  But he's far from an IC.

I went with TA's interpretation but I now see that's wrong.  Unvote to reconsider.

and is now voting for voltaire I believe...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 15, 2013, 11:34:43 pm »

I could support a Robz lynch.  Scum!Robz definitely rides his own coattails through D1.  This is a normal, known set-up.  No excuses.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:20 pm »

And I am going to policy vote anybody who votes me for being like I usually am.

Pre-emptive OMGUS? Interesting...

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2013, 11:36:28 pm »

I am fine with people voting me for actual reasons, and will accept those votes.  But stupid reasons need to be punished.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2013, 11:38:37 pm »

I am fine with people voting me for actual reasons, and will accept those votes.  But stupid reasons need to be punished.

Who would you characterize as having actual reasons for voting you as opposed to stupid reasons for voting you?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2013, 11:46:23 pm »

Or claims.

Like, Masons. Dudes.  Please.  You know what's awesome?  Narrowing down the lynch pool by A LOT.

No.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2013, 11:46:39 pm »

Yuma, I just realized we haven't voted for each other yet.

I think that proves 2 things:

1) the world will explode in the next 48 hours;
2) we aren't scum together

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2013, 11:46:55 pm »

Or claims.

No.

Narrowing down the lynch pool is not awesome?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:48 pm »

I could support a Robz lynch.  Scum!Robz definitely rides his own coattails through D1.  This is a normal, known set-up.  No excuses.

"Known, open setup" means nothing in regards to Robz. Shame on you for FoS'ing him over that. He barely reads his own PM's from the mod. Mafia Noir ring any bells? Much less setup information...

And I actually recall him getting schooled by claims from scum in a similar setup to this (I think Grujah was scum?) Because he didn't bother to read the setup and understand it until D3.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:46 pm »

Or claims.

No.

Stop making anti-town suggestions.

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:05 pm »

"Known, open setup" means nothing in regards to Robz. Shame on you for FoS'ing him over that. He barely reads his own PM's from the mod. Mafia Noir ring any bells? Much less setup information...

And I actually recall him getting schooled by claims from scum in a similar setup to this (I think Grujah was scum?) Because he didn't bother to read the setup and understand it until D3.

I never said open.  Show me open.  No open in that quote.  Liar liar pants on fire.

Oh wait, you are an IC.  Damn.  Scummy.

But, my point is that Robz likes to say "welp, this is RMM, so don't expect me to care until at least D2" and get away with it.  Not so with a comparatively easy setup like C9++.  So him trying to sleep his way through D1 is a fantastic scum tactic for him, because it will work.  Especially if you are on his side here.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 15, 2013, 11:59:35 pm »

Or claims.

No.

You stop.  I still contend a Masons claim is absolutely the best call for D1.

You get 3 ICs until D2.  Scum is cornered into forced kill targets for 3 nights.  We have doctors to mess with that.  Like, 2/3 chance of them whiffing on N1.  If they shoot elsewhere, they're POEing themselves more and more every day.

It is not anti-town, man.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2013, 12:01:36 am »

I never said open.  Show me open.  No open in that quote.  Liar liar pants on fire.

Oh wait, you are an IC.  Damn.  Scummy.

But, my point is that Robz likes to say "welp, this is RMM, so don't expect me to care until at least D2" and get away with it.  Not so with a comparatively easy setup like C9++.  So him trying to sleep his way through D1 is a fantastic scum tactic for him, because it will work.  Especially if you are on his side here.

Except he's done it as town, so too bad. Stop trying to out our PR's for scum to kill, and stop pushing cases that are true of both town and scum meta's, and then calling them scummy.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2013, 12:02:35 am »

Or claims.

No.

You stop.  I still contend a Masons claim is absolutely the best call for D1.

You get 3 ICs until D2.  Scum is cornered into forced kill targets for 3 nights.  We have doctors to mess with that.  Like, 2/3 chance of them whiffing on N1.  If they shoot elsewhere, they're POEing themselves more and more every day.

It is not anti-town, man.

Yes, it is.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.652 seconds with 20 queries.