Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 393336 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #1925 on: September 27, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »

Hey Voltaire: If we leave you alive one more night, will you shoot Eevee for us?

Rolefishing!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 27, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »

Also:  Remember I also proposed Archetype as a possible lynch.  Similar to your proposing ahoppy, almost nobody responded to that (the only one I remember is Robz).  Do you draw the same conclusions vis-a-vis Archetype as you do vis-a-vis ahoppy?  If not, what is different?

I just started work. I'll have a break between class in an hour and a half.

No rush. 

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: September 27, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »

Hey Voltaire: If we leave you alive one more night, will you shoot Eevee for us?

Rolefishing!

Clearly Robz is saying you're scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 27, 2013, 06:35:43 pm »

Rolefishing!

I agree. But I don't want to answer his question as town, because what if I'm a vig who shot shraeye?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2)
« Reply #1929 on: September 27, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »

Vote Count 2.4:

Walrus (3): Archetype, AHoppy, faust
Eevee (2): EFHW, Jorbles
TA (1): Galz
Dsell (2): Voltaire, Robz
Voltaire (1): Voltgloss

Not Voting (7): Eevee,  chairs, Twistedarcher, sudgy, WalrusMcFishSr, Dsell, bocaJ, mail-mi

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Please note, Jorbles replaced liopoil.

Day 2 ends on October 6th at 9:30 p.m.

Will Dede be at Haley's Party?

Invite Dede (6): Twistedarcher, Archetype, bocaJ, sudgy, chairs, Jorbles
Not Invite Dede (2): Walrus, AHoppy

Not Voting (9): Eevee, Robz888, Voltgloss, mail-mi, Galzria, Voltaire, EFHW, Dsell, Faust

What? I'm not voting for Dsell. I never voted for Dsell today. Just Eevee and Voltaire. I'm voting for Voltaire.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 27, 2013, 06:36:42 pm »

Rolefishing!

I agree. But I don't want to answer his question as town, because what if I'm a vig who shot shraeye?

Then I'll chide you for shooting Night 1!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 27, 2013, 06:38:54 pm »

Voltgloss, is your vote on me serious? Or was it an in-the-moment thing?

I don't know yet.  I owe it to Galz to give you a really good, long, hard, read.

OH MAN INNUENDO

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 27, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »

I don't know yet.  I owe it to Galz to give you a really good, long, hard, read.

OH MAN INNUENDO

OK. I was just curious because of the juxtaposition to everything else that was going on.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2)
« Reply #1933 on: September 27, 2013, 06:42:45 pm »

Correction:
Vote Count 2.4.1:

Walrus (3): Archetype, AHoppy, faust
Eevee (2): EFHW, Jorbles
TA (1): Galz
Dsell (1): Voltaire
Voltaire (2): Voltgloss, Robz

Not Voting (8): Eevee, chairs, Twistedarcher, sudgy, WalrusMcFishSr, Dsell, bocaJ, mail-mi

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on October 6th at 9:30 p.m.

Will Dede be at Haley's Party?

Invite Dede (6): Twistedarcher, Archetype, bocaJ, sudgy, chairs, Jorbles
Not Invite Dede (2): Walrus, AHoppy

Not Voting (9): Eevee, Robz888, Voltgloss, mail-mi, Galzria, Voltaire, EFHW, Dsell, Faust

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 27, 2013, 06:42:58 pm »

OH MAN INNUENDO

Let's just lynch him. It's quicker.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: September 27, 2013, 06:43:50 pm »

Rolefishing!

I KNEW you were eventually going to say that that's what you did here, nice testing the waters with that explanation. Don't believe you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 27, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »

OH MAN INNUENDO

Robz, what about my defense is not convincing? Do you have any case on me other than (allegedly) blindly sheeping Voltgloss?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 27, 2013, 06:44:27 pm »

OH MAN INNUENDO

But is it as satisfying?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 27, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »

Rolefishing!

I KNEW you were eventually going to say that that's what you did here, nice testing the waters with that explanation. Don't believe you.

I am not claiming one way or another. Because then you would find me scummy for claiming! And it would be an anti-town action on my part, anyway.

You reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly have tunnel vision here. Promise me you will admit this post-game when you know I'm town.

Let us also remember what happened in Clue, where ash pre-judged my correct claim scummy (even though he hammered me before I could make it, he would have been wrong).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 27, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »

OH MAN INNUENDO

Robz, what about my defense is not convincing? Do you have any case on me other than (allegedly) blindly sheeping Voltgloss?

I do, and I've stated. I'm not even sure the sheeping is the main thing anymore.

You have--at least twice--made comments that somene who is part of a minority scum faction or Serial Killer would make. Your comments on Day 1 to the effect of, "Robz! You should lynch EFHW even if you think I'm scum because I may be on a separate scum team!" was an all-too revelatory moment. As was your recent comment about your certainty that there is a 5-man scum team--something a Serial Killer would know most of all (and 5 people + a Serial Killer fits that bill).

I mean, do we think we have a Serial Killer or not? If we think we do, then the Serial Killer shot shraeye. Who would shoot shraeye? Clearly you. You were all-too eager to trumpet how vindicated you were about having this scum read on him.

If you are a vig, this means you broke the vig rules by shooting on Day 1--something I don't think yuo would do--and there is no SK. This seems less likely to me.

(Of course blocking or what have you can screw up some of the calculus here, but the most simple explanation is that Voltgloss is an SK who shot shraeye.)

If you are the SK, I can see why you would sheep Voltgloss so much. You are legitimiately trying to be pro-town and scum hunt. I mean you're even doing a pretty good job, you did get shraeye. Ingratiating oneself to the IC and having a moderately successful track record of finding mafia has to be fairly good SK play here. I actually just think you played it a little too well. That you are the SK is just super obvious at this point.

I'm not ruling out a multi-SK situation like we had in Mafia XI, where there was a true SK and also a non-killing SK stalker accomplice... I don't know. Something like that. You may not be alone, is what I'm saying.

Anyway, killing the SK isn't even necessarily the best thing from town perspective, but I don't have even close to as high a scumread on anyone else, except Eevee, who I am also happy to lynch--and we know doing so doesn't harm us.

Of course, since we've had some PRs revealed at this point, we probably do just want to minimize the damage scum night kills can do.

We should lynch Voltaire.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 27, 2013, 06:55:44 pm »

(Of course blocking or what have you can screw up some of the calculus here, but the most simple explanation is that Voltgloss is an SK who shot shraeye.)

should be Voltaie there

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »

Galz, what does it mean again when someone is hunting the SK?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 27, 2013, 07:02:03 pm »

Galz, what does it mean again when someone is hunting the SK?

I was not like out to find the SK. I found VOltaire scummy and was eventually confronted with the obvious fact that he is the SK.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 27, 2013, 07:02:07 pm »

I do, and I've stated. I'm not even sure the sheeping is the main thing anymore.

You have--at least twice--made comments that somene who is part of a minority scum faction or Serial Killer would make. Your comments on Day 1 to the effect of, "Robz! You should lynch EFHW even if you think I'm scum because I may be on a separate scum team!" was an all-too revelatory moment. As was your recent comment about your certainty that there is a 5-man scum team--something a Serial Killer would know most of all (and 5 people + a Serial Killer fits that bill).

I mean, do we think we have a Serial Killer or not? If we think we do, then the Serial Killer shot shraeye. Who would shoot shraeye? Clearly you. You were all-too eager to trumpet how vindicated you were about having this scum read on him.

If you are a vig, this means you broke the vig rules by shooting on Day 1--something I don't think yuo would do--and there is no SK. This seems less likely to me.

If you are the SK, I can see why you would sheep Voltgloss so much. You are legitimiately trying to be pro-town and scum hunt. I mean you're even doing a pretty good job, you did get shraeye. Ingratiating oneself to the IC and having a moderately successful track record of finding mafia has to be fairly good SK play here. I actually just think you played it a little too well. That you are the SK is just super obvious at this point.

I'm not ruling out a multi-SK situation like we had in Mafia XI, where there was a true SK and also a non-killing SK stalker accomplice... I don't know. Something like that. You may not be alone, is what I'm saying.

Anyway, killing the SK isn't even necessarily the best thing from town perspective, but I don't have even close to as high a scumread on anyone else, except Eevee, who I am also happy to lynch--and we know doing so doesn't harm us.

Of course, since we've had some PRs revealed at this point, we probably do just want to minimize the damage scum night kills can do.

We should lynch Voltaire.

Yay, a clearly articulated case on me! This is nice. This I can respond to.

Robz, unfortunately your entire case is based off poor/incomplete assumptions. The reason I said you should be willing to lynch EFHW was immense frustration on my part, because you were unwilling to lynch someone I thought scum. At that point, I was pretty sure mcmc and lio were town. I was incredibly frustrated. I knew you wouldn't stop thinking I was scum. You said in part you wouldn't vote EFHW because of my support of it. Put yourself in my town shoes. Grrrrrrrrrrr! So I thought, what possible way can I get him to lynch scum? And I think there is a good chance we either have a second scum team, SK, or Vig (because of shraeye's flip) but I also thought the odds were high based on the 21 players + mod statement this game would go quickly.

As for "knowing" there are 5 scum? C'mon, man. I never said I know that! That argument is bad and you should feel bad. This is the vaguely correct balanced-in-a-vacuum number. Galz said it too.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:17 pm »

Alright. Time for my big claim post.

Part of the reason that I've been somewhat more reserved today is because I've been grappling with whether I should do this or not. But I've just got to do it, it's tearing me up inside.

I'm claiming! You know by now that I'm Britta. Functionally, that makes me a Wannabe Psychologist, or Modified Gunsmith. I can investigate someone at night and determine if they have the ability to kill. However, if someone has killed already when I investigate them, I will get a false negative.

Last night I turned this ability on Voltaire, as I (correctly) guessed that he would come under some scrutiny today. My result was...no potential to kill. Bear in mind that maybe he just killed before I analyzed him, or something else crazy happened, so it's not a 100% sure thing.

I was trying to hold onto this until Day 3, when maybe I would have another attempt, but I feel like my chances go down with each successive night, and if I die without saying anything well then it would have been worthless. I thought I might be able to at least bring another piece of evidence to the table today.

I also know this is coming amidst a flurry of other claims, so you can take this as you will. For what it's worth, I find the naïve cop and captained doctor claims plausible but the survivor less so...I believe I will vote: eevee for now.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 27, 2013, 07:11:00 pm »

Oh, and vote: Not Invite Dede. Just in case TA is scum and gets a benefit from his secondary win-con (I think the person opposed to this is dead. TA claimed his wincon was opposed to someone else's at one point).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 27, 2013, 07:13:41 pm »

Alright. Time for my big claim post.

Part of the reason that I've been somewhat more reserved today is because I've been grappling with whether I should do this or not. But I've just got to do it, it's tearing me up inside.

I'm claiming! You know by now that I'm Britta. Functionally, that makes me a Wannabe Psychologist, or Modified Gunsmith. I can investigate someone at night and determine if they have the ability to kill. However, if someone has killed already when I investigate them, I will get a false negative.

Last night I turned this ability on Voltaire, as I (correctly) guessed that he would come under some scrutiny today. My result was...no potential to kill. Bear in mind that maybe he just killed before I analyzed him, or something else crazy happened, so it's not a 100% sure thing.

I was trying to hold onto this until Day 3, when maybe I would have another attempt, but I feel like my chances go down with each successive night, and if I die without saying anything well then it would have been worthless. I thought I might be able to at least bring another piece of evidence to the table today.

I also know this is coming amidst a flurry of other claims, so you can take this as you will. For what it's worth, I find the naïve cop and captained doctor claims plausible but the survivor less so...I believe I will vote: eevee for now.

Why did not obey specific, deliberate requests to investigate me.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 27, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »

Because I personally had an uneasy feeling about Voltaire too. I thought he was being too active, too buddy-buddy with the IC. And then he defended me out of nowhere. I wanted to check this guy out first of all to see how much he might be trusted.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 27, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »

There are like 12,000 cops and none of them investigated me, huh?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 27, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »

There are like 12,000 cops and none of them investigated me, huh?

Why so eager to be investigated?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 190  All

Page created in 2.48 seconds with 20 queries.