Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 393462 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 1!)
« Reply #1025 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:25 pm »

I was missing Eevee's vote on this last vote count.  I've added him to "Not Voting" for now and I will double-check previous pages.

No, it's sudgy who's missing.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 22, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »

Okay, most recent vote count should be correct.  Please make sure your vote is where you want it.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 22, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »

nkirbit and bocaJ, you haven't voted for the concert.  Is there a reason?

Mods - what happens if someone doesn't vote for the concert?

bocaJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 22, 2013, 07:46:16 pm »

My concert vote was contingent on getting my secondary win con. I was never told how to vote after being given the win con, so I have not voted.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 22, 2013, 07:47:52 pm »

Mods - what happens if someone doesn't vote for the concert?

The bar with the most votes wins.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 22, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »

I was under the impression from your post that the bar votes were mandatory.  I guess it doesn't matter to me either way, except it shouldn't change.  I might not have voted at all if I had known it was optional.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 22, 2013, 08:19:05 pm »

No-one has joined me in voicing suspicion of Robz, so unvote. I see some people voicing suspicion for EFHW, so I will vote: EFHW in hopes that starts something.

mcmc is not my preferred lynch today so I will hold off there for now. I could go for lio after EFHW if needed.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 22, 2013, 08:28:10 pm »

Okay, so one day till the deadline. I believe we originally said that 24 hours before the deadline, the people with the most votes should consider claiming. Now with four players at three votes, that obviously doesn't make sense. But we really have to figure out who the lynch for today should be. A chairs lynch is not going to happen, and I'm shifting my vote to one of the 3-vote-wagons.

sudgy I won't put my vote on, as I already stated. nkirbit gets a pass for today because of Voltgloss' argument and lots of posts. The decision is between mcmc and liopoil. Now liopoil's latest posts strike me as defensive, and mcmc stays true to his lurking self. I remember mcmc from KC-KC-Goons-Masq where he started to be more active when under suspicion. Now he might just try to avoid that here, but I guess if he was scum and tried to act differently from KC-KC-Goons-Masq, he would just post more from the beginning.

So in the end, liopoil just looks a little more scummy to me. So vote: liopoil.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 22, 2013, 08:39:32 pm »

Yes, my latest posts are defensive, because I am defending myself. What did you expect?? Defending myself isn't scummy, if that's what you're saying. I've heavily defended myself every game I've had a wagon on me in, which is like, all of them.

IIRC, mcmc didn't start posting more in KCGM when he got accused... he lurked the whole way.

and you say "so in the end, liopoil looks a little more scummy to me". Which of shraeye's/robz's/dsell's bad points are you agreeing with?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 22, 2013, 08:40:47 pm »

Ok back. No idea what's going on except that liopoil looks like he's getting fired up. Rereading now.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 22, 2013, 08:56:15 pm »

Yes, my latest posts are defensive, because I am defending myself. What did you expect?? Defending myself isn't scummy, if that's what you're saying. I've heavily defended myself every game I've had a wagon on me in, which is like, all of them.

IIRC, mcmc didn't start posting more in KCGM when he got accused... he lurked the whole way.

and you say "so in the end, liopoil looks a little more scummy to me". Which of shraeye's/robz's/dsell's bad points are you agreeing with?
Yeah, I didn't mean to say that defending yourself is particularly scummy. I just looked at your and mcmc's reaction to the accusations and tried to find out which was more suspicious. I found mcmc's a bit townier, but only by a small margin.

And well, there's the fact that the only memorable thing you did (after playing for your secondary wincon) was pushing a case against Galzria, whom I believe to be town. I also think your case was weak. You never voted for anyone else except yourself and Galzria, which I find strange. Heck, you're not even voting now, and we're one day away from the deadline! Being so careful about your vote reads scummy to me. And if we let you live, we won't really have anything to analyze D2.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 22, 2013, 09:40:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.24:

liopoil (4): Dsell, Robz888, shraeye, faust
Galzria (1): nkirbit
nkirbit (3): bocaJ, mcmcsalot, chairs
sudgy (3): Galzria, Eevee, Ahoppy
faust (1): Twistedarcher
mcmc (3): EFHW, Walrus, mail-mi
mail-mi (1): sudgy
EFHW (1): Voltaire

Not Voting (3): Voltgloss, Archetype, liopoil

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on September 23 at 9:22 p.m.

You're in the last 24 hours of Day 1.

N1 Greendale Glee Concert:

L Street (10):  liopoil, faust, EFHW, Robz888, Voltaire, mcmc, Eevee, Ahoppy, Dsell, shraeye
The Red Door (8):  Walrus, mail-mi, sudgy, Twistedarcher, Archetype, chairs, Galzria, Voltgloss

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:15 pm »

unvote

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 22, 2013, 11:51:34 pm »

I'll take ashersky's big text as advice to hurry the heck up.

I'm very tenoted to vote Mcmcsalot. I almost always find EFHW Towny and Mcmcsalot scummy, so that probably has something to do with it. But yet I don't feel like its the smart thing to do. Can't quite put my finger on it though. I'll follow his lynch if my vote is needed.

But at this point I'd be up for a TA lunch personally. I tried to not sheep everyone else and found Twistedarcher different for not posting as frequently and about everything and anything under the sun as he normally does. But since Lord Voltgloss III doesn't like his lunch, I doubt it's happening today.

So I guess that brings me back to Mcmcsalot. Vote:Mcmcsalot. Even if he is lurking town, I don't mind him gone. He's not really furthering discussion anyway.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 22, 2013, 11:55:58 pm »

I just realized that sounded really mean mcmcsalot. I meant in the context of the game. I understand you're busy but if you are town, I'd rather have an active Towny alive than a non active one.

I also disagree with Robz about sheeping the IC. I think that in a game this large scum is more likely to lurk than post a lot and back up Voltgloss. But I guess that depends on the players play style, but in general I feel scum would lurk. And now I realize I'm rehashing what was said earlier. But there's my outdated opinion.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 23, 2013, 12:53:36 am »

Not a problem arch, I understand I am not being helpful, I can promise I will be helpful when I am needed to be.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 23, 2013, 01:06:20 am »

I'm a little surprised to see lio jump to the vote leader so quickly. My read on him was perhaps slightly scummy, but nowhere near the best candidate for Day 1 lynch in my opinion. I think he's made some valid points and at least he's given us something that we could go by later.

Obviously I think that the secondary wincons are kind of entertaining. I jumped in immediately as well, because it was interesting and fun and I also figured it would be more polite to get it out of the way quickly and get on to more substantial things. Apparently some people don't like it, and I could see how it could be used as a diversion tactic, but to some extent it's a matter of taste.

mcmc, the way I see it, the time you are needed to be helpful is right about now...
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:13 am »

I think he's made some valid points and at least he's given us something that we could go by later.

Like what?

I advocate a Lio lynch. I think his posts look a lot like "scumtributions" where he posts lots of words with little content. I think his case on Galz was weak and scummy and that's basically the only thing he's really contributed. Looks to me like he is just trying to blend in on day 1, which is what scum wants to do a lot of the time.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 23, 2013, 01:38:56 am »

You may be right honestly, I'll give it a reread later. As I said, my current perception of lio is slightly on the scummier side. I'm on my phone right now; I'll probably have time to make my last substantial D1 post in about 12 hours.

Still, I tend to think that potential scumtributions are not quite as bad as nothingtributions. At least we can analyze scumtributions later.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 23, 2013, 07:38:40 am »

Dsell, that's not all I've contributed. I had that thing with EFHW's case on mcmc, I defended nkirbit a bit... look, I don't have a TON of content, but it's more than a lot of other people. And I don't know about saying it in a lot of words, I'm just saying what I have to say. And I was  gone when a lot of stuff happened!

and you may think my case is weak, but it isn't total crap - IIRC voltaire and TA agreed with it. So I'm not just making stuff up.

As for trying to blend in D1, look at what I did with the secondary wincon thing! I think town is much more likely to jump in saying "I've got a secondary wincon" when it isn't known that everyone does.

faust is right, I really should put a vote down. Well, when it comes down to it, I'm willing to vote for anyone to save myself, simply because I know I'm town and I don't know anyone else's alignment. I'll be around at the deadline, and will also hopefully look at some other people and find someone I actually want to lynch, and am not just trying to save myself.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 23, 2013, 08:04:52 am »

Sorry, busy weekend and all.

I agree with liopoil re: efhw. When voltglosss advocated lynching someone on the lower side, she was actually the person who stood out to me more than anyone else -- she was much lurkier than she normally was. Only when we started heading towards lall did she start posting more, which would be a natural time for scum to up their post count.

I also thought that lioppils points about her were generally good. So I'm sheeping lios reasonin here, vote:efhw . Faust can wait until when I have time to make a case.

To shraeye and anyone else finding lio scummy for fulfilling his win condition, I disagree. If mine was that easy you bet I'd do it, and anyone else would too.  Regardless, it's completely null to me and I don't see how it's in any way scummy.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 23, 2013, 08:08:47 am »

vote: efhw

Prefer this over lio.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 23, 2013, 08:15:39 am »

It's reread time.  I'm going to go back and re-read the 4 people with the most votes (so >1)

I think I'm going to try a theorel, and give scores based on how scummy they look to me.  0 being town, 10 being scum, 5 being null
(I apologize for lack of real quotes, I did this in a .txt file because that's easier to write in and I can save.)

Mcmc:
-Fulfils Lio's wincon, says L-Street is best bar in town - 5
-He is against flavor claiming because his role and his flavor are connected.  Votes arch for suggesting it - 3
-Promises a re-read, but his only thought seems to be that he thinks galz is scummy for speculating about his role - 6
-Understands Galz's argument, but he doesn't support it - 7
-States intent to vote nkirbit, but says galz is still also a good lynch - 5
-Votes nkirbit, states that no read is going to be great D1 - 5
-Last 2 posts apologizing for lurking.  Which I can completely understand. -5

Thoughts on MCMC:
-When he posts against flavor claiming and votes arch, he says nothing of Lio, who he quoted as also supporting it (post #276)  I find this a little strange since he was willing to put a vote down on arch for suggesting a flavor claim.  Especially since maybe not all flavor is connected to the role/arch may not understand the connection because he doesn't know his flavor.  Granted, all this is early in the game when you're trying to push people for reactions.  Still seems a little odd to me
-On the reread: I can respect having RL stuff, but he never really comes out and says that's why he hasn't posted his reads.  Unless he thinks his thoughts on Glaz count.  I mean, I guess they do, just looks slight scum to me.
-Understanding the argument: He understands the argument, but he doesn't agree, so why is his vote still on Galz?  does he still think Galz is scumy, even though he understands his argument?  This post just seems a little strange to me.  Unless I'm not understanding Galz's argument, he is suggesting he would be a pretty decent lynch option, but also a decent option to keep alive, so if MCMC's disagreeing, is he disagreeing with the keeping Galz alive part?  Because at this point, his vote is still on galz.
-on nkirbit: These were my thoughts exactly when that was all going on.  Nkirbit was being reckless and seemed like a good option just because someone who doesn't want to play or is frustrated with the game is a detriment to town.  But at the same time, looking back he does appear to be frustrated town...  The vote on Nkirbit still makes sense to me here, because lynching anti-town in a game this big is a better reason to lynch than RVS or reading too much into "slips".

Avg. Score: 5.143

liopoil
-Votes himself, fishing for his secondary wincon - 5
-Post #247 with jokes, more wincon fishing, then laying out some things for newbies (or are they warnings for newbie scum teammates?) - 7
-He starts the secondary wincon revealing - 6
-Asks mcmc what he wants for supporting him - 5
-Responding to sudgy's rvs self vote joke still - 5
-Supports mass flavor claim - 8
-Backtracks when Voltgloss calls for the claiming stop, points out names could easily be found with research - 6
-Anti-galz calim, thinks it comes from scum - 3
-Doesn't jump on the nkirbit slip wagon - 4
-Likes bocaJ's claim a lot - 5
-Doesn't think EFHW's case on MCMC is very good FoS's EFHW for it - 6
-Rest of his posts are getting a little frustrated and trying to defend himself - 4

Thoughts on lio:
-Post #247 has a lot of things for newbies, which is pretty good advice (don't quickhammer, don't claim VT) but those could also easily be warnings to hus scum teammates who may be new.  This is mafia, I have to suspect everything, and not trust anyone.  So, while this could just be a really nice gesture and actually helpful, I still give it scum cred.
-Lio starts the secondary wincon claiming with his claiming he wants someone to accuse him of being jester.  After his warning to newbies, he kickstarts the claiming (as far as I remember.  I'm just looking at lio posts and I'm not sure if anyone has claimed yet at this point, so for now, unless someone proves me wrong, he gets scum points for this). 
-Flavor claiming: Generally, I would say claiming early is dumb.  Even just flavor claiming.  We don't know how important flavor is.  It's eaither really distracting because it has nothing to do with the game, or it is super important becuase it outs PRs.  Also, his backtrack looks to me like "whoops, sorry guys my big mistake.  But now my scum buddies can see this information, so go look it up!"  So lots of scum cred here
-Anti-galz claim: His arguments make sense, especially considering yuma in mean girls.  It would be a pretty fantastic fake claim, which also happened in mean girls.  So, I think lio is right to be suspicious.  I am inclined to believe galz, but that's more gut feeling than anything.  Town cred for lio
-Regarding nkirbit: It would have been an easy wagon to jump on as scum.  He didn't.  Slight town
-Regarding EFHW: I think EFHW's case is fine, especially for D1.  We don't have a ton to go on and it is a fine case.  Lio could be scum trying to make others outright discount EFHW's case.  I re-read on my own, not remembering EFHW's case and came to similar conclusions (see above).  So have some scum ponts.

Avg. Score: 5.333

Alright, all that took longer than I expected, so I don't think I have time to go back and hit sudgy and nkirbit as in depth.  However, I'm willing to give nkirbit a pass for today because I think his "slip" and frustration was town frustration and he is an easy one to jump on because of it.  After this re-read though, I'm going to have to say that liopoil looks scummier to me now than sudgy did.  So, that considered, I'm going to switch to a Vote: liopoil.  I also apologize for my lurkiness.  I tend to be a lurky player anyways, especially D1, and moving to France has been different time wise.  France is just cooler than home :P

PPE: I like my vote even more now since Lio basically said he doesn't want to throw a vote down until closer to the deadline.   That feels sketchy to me.  Why not just get your vote out there and get some reactions or something?  Make a case on someone, not just jump on the wagon with the most votes/the one that will make you look the least suspicious near the end. 

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 23, 2013, 08:21:34 am »

I'm a little surprised to see lio jump to the vote leader so quickly. My read on him was perhaps slightly scummy, but nowhere near the best candidate for Day 1 lynch in my opinion. I think he's made some valid points and at least he's given us something that we could go by later.
If on day1 we always lynch the 100% most blatant scummy person, I would posit that we'd actually hit scum 0% of the time.  scum hang out in that "slightly scummy, something's off, but I just don't have enough hard evidence to back my gut" region, in my opinion.  liopoil really fits this discription.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:11 am »

Vote Count 1.25:

liopoil (5): Dsell, Robz888, shraeye, faust, AHoppy
Galzria (1): nkirbit
nkirbit (2): bocaJ, mcmcsalot
sudgy (2): Galzria, Eevee
mcmc (4): EFHW, Walrus, mail-mi, Archetype
mail-mi (1): sudgy
EFHW (3): Voltaire, Twistedarcher, chairs

Not Voting (2): Voltgloss, liopoil

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on September 23 at 9:22 p.m.

N1 Greendale Glee Concert:

L Street (10):  liopoil, faust, EFHW, Robz888, Voltaire, mcmc, Eevee, Ahoppy, Dsell, shraeye
The Red Door (8):  Walrus, mail-mi, sudgy, Twistedarcher, Archetype, chairs, Galzria, Voltgloss

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.