Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 437371 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 1!)
« Reply #975 on: September 21, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

Voltgloss, can you name me a player for which it is true that they post less frequently if scum?

Well, let's look at the last ten normal games.

M-XXIX
Scum:  Voltaire, shraeye; yuma (SK)
Day 1 start:  #105
Day 1 end:  #690
Total Day 1 posts:  585
Total players:  12
Average:  48.75 posts per player
- Voltaire's Day 1 posts: 63
- shraeye's Day 1 posts: 38
- yuma's Day 1 posts:  69
Voltaire and yuma above average; shraeye below average

M-XXVIII
Scum:  Jimmmmm, chairs, mail-mi
Day 1 start:  #2
Day 1 end:  #1049
Total Day 1 posts:  1047
Average:  87.25 posts per player
- Jimmmmm's Day 1 posts: 31
- chairs's Day 1 posts: 43
- mail-mi's Day 1 posts: 76
All three scum below average

M-XXVII
Scum:  raerae, liopoil, nkirbit
Day 1 start:  #108
Day 1 end:  #1070
Total Day 1 posts:  962
Total players:  13
Average:  74 posts per player
- raerae's Day 1 posts:  51
- liopoil's Day 1 posts:  43
- nkirbit's Day 1 posts:  46

M-XXVI
Scum:  Robz888, liopoil
Day 1 start:  #200
Day 1 end:  #577
Total Day 1 posts:  377
Total players:  9
Average:  41.88 posts per player
- Robz888's Day 1 posts:  41
- liopoil's Day 1 posts:  31
Robz right at average; liopoil below average

M-XXV
Scum:  yuma, Eevee, ashersky
Day 1 start:  #86
Day 1 end:  #964
Total Day 1 posts:  878
Average:  73.16 posts per player
- yuma's Day 1 posts:  89
- Eevee's Day 1 posts:  73
- ashersky's Day 1 posts:  146
yuma and ashersky above average; Eevee right at average

M-XXIV
Scum: Robz888, WinterSpartan, mail-mi
Day 1 start:  #65
Day 1 end:  #907
Total Day 1 posts:  842
Average:  64.77 posts per player
- Robz888's Day 1 posts:  120
- WinterSpartan's Day 1 posts:  41
- mail-mi's Day 1 posts:  60
Robz above average; WinterSpartan and mail-mi below average

M-XXIII
Scum: Galzria, mail-mi, mcmcsalot
Day 1 start:  #3
Day 1 end:  #593
Total Day 1 posts:  590
Average:  45.38
- Galzria's Day 1 posts:  18 (!)
- mail-mi's Day 1 posts:  37
- mcmcsalot's Day 1 posts:  14

M-XXII
(Skipped, because none of the Day 1 scumplayers in that game are in this game)

M-XXI
Scum: liopoil, mcmcsalot
Day 1 start:  #227
Day 1 end:  #652
Total Day 1 posts:  425
Total players:  9
Average:  47.22
- liopoil's Day 1 posts:  47
- mcmcsalot's Day 1 posts:  51
mcmcsalot above average; liopoil right at average

M-XX
Scum: yuma, EFHW; Robz888, Morgrim7
Day 1 start:  #36
Day 1 end:  #584
Total Day 1 posts:  548
Average:  42.15
- yuma's Day 1 posts:  64
- EFHW's Day 1 posts:  35
- Robz888's Day 1 posts:  46
- Morgrim7's Day 1 posts:  16
yuma and Robz above average; EFHW and Morgrim below average

So, the following players in this game have a history of posting less than average when scum:  shraeye, chairs, mail-mi, liopoil, nkirbit, Galzria, mcmcsalot, EFHW.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 21, 2013, 08:54:54 pm »

But here's the REAL point vis-a-vis lurking.

"Lynch a lurker" is a strategy that has commonly been used Day 1.  Not all the time, certainly.  But many times.  That means it's a reasonable strategy, not just for town to propose, but also for scum to advocate - if, of course, lynching a lurker will hit town.

As I've posted before, quite a number of players have been raising the lurking question since I made my mega-posts.  A few have been talking about the lurking question throughout the game.  And here's one constant throughout the game:  mcmcsalot has consistently been at the bottom of the post count.

This says to me two things:

- If mcmcsalot is scum, the people who have NOT advocated lynching a lurker are more suspicious.
- If mcmcsalot is town, the people who HAVE advocated lynching a lurker are more suspicious.

Add to this the fact that mcmcsalot's heavy lurk gives us the least information to go on vis-a-vis his alignment (if we leave him alive). 

For these reasons, I think mcmcsalot's lynch today will be an informative lynch, and will help us align our scum-catching sights Day 2.

But is he likely to be scum?

Well, he is a late arrival on the nkirbit wagon, which gets him scumpoints in my eyes as said before - but equally with the other nkirbit voters.  On a reread, how does he truly stack up against the others in my suggested lynch pool?  How do they stack up against each other?

I'm going to do that reread now.  The good news is, all of those players are in the lurky half of town, so there's not a huge amount to reread.  Once that is done I will give my vote.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 21, 2013, 09:13:13 pm »

Volt, while your point might be valid,  I expect better analysis than that (regarding your number crunching). Many of those games had a town member running up the post count by over-contributing. At an extreme, a game with 10 people who combine for a 100 posts D1, where one town member consists of 91 while each other player has 1 will produce scum that have just a single post against the average of 10. But that's not really representative of what happened. It wouldn't be fair to say that scum 'lurked' there, although that's the conclusion you would've drawn here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 21, 2013, 09:20:59 pm »

lurking is certainly dependant on who it is - but it is never a sure sign for anyone. And "below average" means very little, it's usually only scummy if it's heavy lurking. e.g. me in clue mafia, or mcmc in KCGM...

So mcmc does look bad for that. I'm not sure there's much else though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 21, 2013, 09:22:56 pm »

Here's a summary of mcmc's 8 in game posts.  Post numbers may be off by one.  I'll put my thoughts here and there in italics.

258  At liopoil's request, he accuses liopoil of being a jester.  He also states his devotion to the L Street Bar, thereby revealing his likely flavorname.

276  Says his secondary wincon is more difficult than some others and that it likely contradicts others'. 

277 I don't understand this quote from mcmc b/c he is objecting to flavor claiming, when he has already revealed his likely flavor role.

Maybe we should mass flavor claim?
I'm fine with that. maybe also mass secondary wincon claim, and get them all done and over with, so we can focus on lynching some scum.

This is bad, my flavor and role are connected, if you didn't know the show you wouldn't get it but I don't want to risk a scum player with show knowledge gaining role knowledge in fact vote: arch

314  Unvotes Archetype without saying why.  Votes L Street Bar.  Promises to read and post more on Wednesday.

435  This is his only post on Wednesday. 
vote: galzria

I do not like his speculation of his role or of his ideas about flavor, all of it comes across as scummy.

667  I find this post confusing and contradictory to his voting for Galzria. 
It sucks to lose Galz Day 1, as well. He's pretty useful.

I'd say we have no good reason to lynch him, except that his claim is a weird one to me and I disagree with his reasoning for it, and for why he should be lynched, and it's weird and makes me think it's a scum tactic.

This is baisically the crux of my reasoning, I just don't understand why he did this in this big a game D1, I know hes smart, he knows hes smart, he knows hes town(claims to be) why is it ever good for him to get himself lynched. I understand his argument I just don't support it.

Intent to vote nkirbit pending a count.

His play is becoming reckless, it's day one of a HUGE game, that's reason enough. Though I'm not forgetting galz here and would still be happy with his lynch.

855  Votes nkirbit saying it's not a strong case, but there are 20 players and it is Day 1.

I still plan to reread chairs and shraeye, but vote: mcmc.
I don't get how any of this is scummy, except that he only has 8 posts.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 21, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »

Volt, while your point might be valid,  I expect better analysis than that (regarding your number crunching). Many of those games had a town member running up the post count by over-contributing. At an extreme, a game with 10 people who combine for a 100 posts D1, where one town member consists of 91 while each other player has 1 will produce scum that have just a single post against the average of 10. But that's not really representative of what happened. It wouldn't be fair to say that scum 'lurked' there, although that's the conclusion you would've drawn here.

The numbers are actually irrelevant to my point.  My point is in the post after the numbers.  I offered the numbers simply in response to Robz.  If you or Robz or anyone else have different data to present, by all means do so.

bocaJ

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 21, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »

Mean average seems like a so-so metric. How time consuming would it be to determine medians?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 21, 2013, 09:52:34 pm »

The numbers are actually irrelevant to my point.  My point is in the post after the numbers.  I offered the numbers simply in response to Robz.  If you or Robz or anyone else have different data to present, by all means do so.

Hence my opening sentence. But it did feel like you were arbitrarily assigning scum points off a metric that is inherently flawed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 21, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

Mean average seems like a so-so metric. How time consuming would it be to determine medians?

I don't have time to do it, but if someone else does, sure.

But we should not get bogged down in the numbers.  The rubric I am looking it has nothing to do with numbers.  It has to do with the stance players in this game have had vis-a-vis a lurker lynch.  That point has nothing to do with the numbers from other games, and has everything to do with one question:  "does a lurker lynch benefit scum?"  In a game where the heaviest lurker is one particular player - and that player has been the heaviest lurker for the entirety of Day 1 - we get very solid data to answer that question by lynching the heavy lurker and seeing their flip.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 21, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »

So, the following players in this game have a history of posting less than average when scum:  shraeye, chairs, mail-mi, liopoil, nkirbit, Galzria, mcmcsalot, EFHW.

For this data to really be meaningful, you would need to compare a given player's average posts as town and as scum.  I had the same thought as Robz about mail-mi and mcmc.  But I do think lurking is important to factor in with other things as part of an overall picture, and when there is no good candidate lynching a lurker hurts town least (PRs aside).

Lurking is part of what makes me choose to vote mcmc, but also the fact that the posts he does have are contradictory, suggesting to me a lack of genuineness.

Shraeye posts infrequently but when he does post he tries to address all the relevant issues.  To me that is a lot less scummy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:56 pm »

Here's a summary of mcmc's 8 in game posts.  Post numbers may be off by one.  I'll put my thoughts here and there in italics.

258  At liopoil's request, he accuses liopoil of being a jester.  He also states his devotion to the L Street Bar, thereby revealing his likely flavorname.

276  Says his secondary wincon is more difficult than some others and that it likely contradicts others'. 

277 I don't understand this quote from mcmc b/c he is objecting to flavor claiming, when he has already revealed his likely flavor role.

Maybe we should mass flavor claim?
I'm fine with that. maybe also mass secondary wincon claim, and get them all done and over with, so we can focus on lynching some scum.

This is bad, my flavor and role are connected, if you didn't know the show you wouldn't get it but I don't want to risk a scum player with show knowledge gaining role knowledge in fact vote: arch

314  Unvotes Archetype without saying why.  Votes L Street Bar.  Promises to read and post more on Wednesday.

435  This is his only post on Wednesday. 
vote: galzria

I do not like his speculation of his role or of his ideas about flavor, all of it comes across as scummy.

667  I find this post confusing and contradictory to his voting for Galzria. 
It sucks to lose Galz Day 1, as well. He's pretty useful.

I'd say we have no good reason to lynch him, except that his claim is a weird one to me and I disagree with his reasoning for it, and for why he should be lynched, and it's weird and makes me think it's a scum tactic.

This is baisically the crux of my reasoning, I just don't understand why he did this in this big a game D1, I know hes smart, he knows hes smart, he knows hes town(claims to be) why is it ever good for him to get himself lynched. I understand his argument I just don't support it.

Intent to vote nkirbit pending a count.

His play is becoming reckless, it's day one of a HUGE game, that's reason enough. Though I'm not forgetting galz here and would still be happy with his lynch.

855  Votes nkirbit saying it's not a strong case, but there are 20 players and it is Day 1.

I still plan to reread chairs and shraeye, but vote: mcmc.
I don't get how any of this is scummy, except that he only has 8 posts.

@ liopoil: I'm surprised you don't see it.  1.  He revealed his flavor role.  2.  He then "refused" to reveal his flavor role b/c it might help scum.  3.  He promised to reread and post but never did.  4.  His post explaining his Galzria vote is confusing and by the end sounds like he thinks Galz is town!  5.  His vote for nkirbit is temporized with "it's Day 1 and a huge game".  He didn't say that when he voted for Arch and Galzria.  That is a scummy jumping on wagon. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 21, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »

And here's one constant throughout the game:  mcmcsalot has consistently been at the bottom of the post count.

This says to me two things:

- If mcmcsalot is scum, the people who have NOT advocated lynching a lurker are more suspicious.
- If mcmcsalot is town, the people who HAVE advocated lynching a lurker are more suspicious.

Add to this the fact that mcmcsalot's heavy lurk gives us the least information to go on vis-a-vis his alignment (if we leave him alive). 

For these reasons, I think mcmcsalot's lynch today will be an informative lynch, and will help us align our scum-catching sights Day 2.

I see what you are trying to do here, but I think you are using too blunt of an instrument.  For one thing, active scum will call out their lurking scum partners to prompt them to greater activity.  Also, there are a number of lurkers.  How do you know the people not advocating LALL are protecting mcmc?  Finally, LALL (the 3rd L is for "literally") is often resorted to by town when they don't have strong scumreads on anyone.  I suspect mcmc, but I don't think we will learn that much from who did or didn't suggest LALL.

Maybe some players will earn townpoints if mcmc is scum and they really pushed the LALL angle.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 21, 2013, 11:13:29 pm »

I promised you my reread of shraeye.  His points are too numerous for me to go into detail.  In summary, he has consistently found TA, Voltaire, faust and liopoil scummy.  Recently he finds sudgy scummy as well, and voted for him, but without any explanation.  He defends Galz in 7 different posts.  It is a recurring theme.  There are two kind of nasty sarcastic posts, but no arguments.  The only apparent contradiction is that he praises Eevee twice, but then says he would vote Eevee over Robz.  There is some even-handedness apparent in two defenses of Voltaire despite his scumread, and questioning of TA rather than tunneling.

Shraeye has posted infrequently, but has clearly put effort into the posts he does have.  My impression is he seems towny.  As an experienced player, he is certainly capable of seeming towny and being scum.  He was nicely even-handed towards the end of Innovation, and was scum.  But I have nothing particularly scummy to point to in this reread. 

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 21, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »

Side question for Voltaire:  you recently said you "looked up the post counts of the entire town for the past 3-4 normal games, and looked at where scum was.  They're usually in the bottom third, but not ltierally the least active."  Here's my question:  in the games you reviewed, was that post counts for the entire game, or for Day 1 only?  Because the data we should be looking at is for Day 1 only.  (Also:  which games did you review?)

I did this on my work computer so I don't have access to it right now. I can say it included at least HP and B2B, and yes, it was just D1 (though I did look at later days, where scum tends to post way more often).

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 22, 2013, 01:32:50 am »

Hey everybody! Time for my daily post; very likely after my family leaves tomorrow I will have time to post more frequently. To me it doesn't seem like nearly as much excitement happened over the past day compared with the day before that. But especially with all this LALL talk I'd like to at least make my presence known, before everybody starts looking around and asking "Where's Poochie???"

Yeah, shraeye, you're right, I wish my posts had more meat to them too. Some of that I think is relevant; I mean, part of the reason my posts are less substantial than they could be is that I am less familiar with this game and group of players. But I'm trying to make an effort. The stupid jokes will persist--making stupid jokes is an important part of my social behavior, and in a game of social deduction it would be irresponsible of me not to express my full spectrum of sociality :) But yeah, "massively high in content" was a bit of an exaggeration. I still think Voltaire's intentions were probably good. Still feel relatively towny about both Voltaire and shraeye.

The topic of general conversation now seems to be shifted towards lurking? Whether or not there's such a thing as too lurky for scum, and then some cold hard numerical data to be analyzed. I love cold hard numerical data! I was thinking about doing something like this earlier, and maybe if I have time over the next couple days I'll try to crunch the numbers some more. If my spidey sense isn't yet that well-honed, then maybe at least I can contribute with statistics. All this comes after I have voted for mcmc, probably lurker #1 so far (and specifically named by 'gloss as an informative lynch), but that's ok, I'm glad my vote anticipated the discussion at least somewhat, and I'm still happy where it is. I agree with EFHW when she says that Voltgloss' scum-finding metric might be a little too blunt based on what a mcmc lynch would reveal...I mean I'm just guessing like all the rest of the town, and I've been doing my best to lay out my reasoning on the table as clearly as possible. But naturally she and I would agree on that, because we're the ones voting for mcmc right now.

Speaking of EFHW. It seems like she has come out of her shell and is posting a bit more lately. In fact it was her analysis of mcmc's 8 posts (and mail-mi's startled reaction) that prompted me to think about a lurker vote, especially with nkirbit off the table. Why is she posting more lately? Maybe she just has more free time. Maybe she realizes her self-preservation is at stake now that lurkers are in the limelight. Did she analyze mcmc's posts in detail in order to demonstrate that she was not the lurkiest of the lot? It's hard to say. Right now my read is pretty null, maybe with a slight town edge.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:58 am »

So, I said I would get around to a reread...  But... Stuff...  Happened.  So, sorry.  I'll also be V/LA tomorrow.

I want to say that I think mcmc is town.  town!mcmc is usually extremely lurky, while scum!mcmc lurks but has a lot of content in each post.  Every time I've tried to read him based on this, I was right.  I got him in my first game, and always got a townread on him others but when he was scum.

So, I'm going to go with Voltgloss' reasoning and say that people suggesting lynching him are more likely to be scum.

I looked at Volt's post about people talking about lurking, and mail-mi was the one saying the most, "lynch the heavy lurkers!!! [after mentioning mcmc]" and he hasn't really contributed anything new, other than sudden-tunneling on nkirbit for his """"""""slip"""""""".  His wanting to lynch mcmc (who I think is town) and his lack of content leads me to Vote: mail-mi and that is probably where I'll stay.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 22, 2013, 06:50:28 am »

So, I said I would get around to a reread...  But... Stuff...  Happened.  So, sorry.  I'll also be V/LA tomorrow.

I want to say that I think mcmc is town.  town!mcmc is usually extremely lurky, while scum!mcmc lurks but has a lot of content in each post.  Every time I've tried to read him based on this, I was right.  I got him in my first game, and always got a townread on him others but when he was scum.

So, I'm going to go with Voltgloss' reasoning and say that people suggesting lynching him are more likely to be scum.

I looked at Volt's post about people talking about lurking, and mail-mi was the one saying the most, "lynch the heavy lurkers!!! [after mentioning mcmc]" and he hasn't really contributed anything new, other than sudden-tunneling on nkirbit for his """"""""slip"""""""".  His wanting to lynch mcmc (who I think is town) and his lack of content leads me to Vote: mail-mi and that is probably where I'll stay.
sudgy, what do you say about the whole Study Group = town situation that mail-mi pointed out? For me, that's a good reason believe he is town, and if you're voting for him, I think you should have stronger arguments than tunneling and lack of content.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 22, 2013, 08:29:41 am »

sudgy, what do you say about the whole Study Group = town situation that mail-mi pointed out? For me, that's a good reason believe he is town, and if you're voting for him, I think you should have stronger arguments than tunneling and lack of content.

I think it points neither way, if a scum knew that Study Group = town (which they easily can if they pay attention), they would say the same things as mail-mi did.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 22, 2013, 09:10:37 am »

I think it points neither way, if a scum knew that Study Group = town (which they easily can if they pay attention), they would say the same things as mail-mi did.

How would scum have learned that before ash updated the rules post?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 22, 2013, 11:55:04 am »

--snip--

@ liopoil: I'm surprised you don't see it.  1.  He revealed his flavor role.  2.  He then "refused" to reveal his flavor role b/c it might help scum.  3.  He promised to reread and post but never did.  4.  His post explaining his Galzria vote is confusing and by the end sounds like he thinks Galz is town!  5.  His vote for nkirbit is temporized with "it's Day 1 and a huge game".  He didn't say that when he voted for Arch and Galzria.  That is a scummy jumping on wagon. 

I saw all of those things, and #5 is the only one that might be considered scummy.

1: Clearly not intentionally.
2: he said that flavor claiming is bad. He never actually claimed his flavor, and I for instance have no clue what his flavor name is because I haven't bothered to do the research. He's saying that others shouldn't claim their flavor. (because other's might also have a flavor name that relates to role). Nothing wrong with making scum do research to find his name...
3: We've all done this as town before (I know I have at least). People are busy, they put things off.
4: So he didn't explain himself well, or maybe had bad reasoning. This does not make him scum.
5: Okay, yeah, the timing for his nkirbit vote does look bad. Lots of other people did similar things though, so this isn't a huge point for me.

So, he very well could be scum (after all, he IS lurking and mcmc DOES lurk more as scum, and #5 isn't nothing), but most of your case is bad and making large stretches, and looks like you are trying to make it look better than it really is. FoS: EFHW

On another note, I take issue with the people who have said things along the lines of Lio is more concerned with his secondary wincon than scumhunting, or that I'm lurking, or don't have much content. (I believe the people who said things like that were faust, voltaire, and Dsell, but I could be wrong). I have a relatively easy secondary wincon to fufill, so I got it over with early when it wouldn't be as much of an interruption BECAUSE I didn't want to distract from scumhunting. And I don't think it was my fault that it triggered the big flavor debacle. That would likely have happened anyway. And apart from that, I haven't been lurking and I do have content. I was completely offline all of thursday and much of friday. That's not lurking, that's not having internet access. And my post count is not that low, IIRC I'm somewhat in the middle of the pack in terms of post count. And several of my posts are quite large and cover multiple topics.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 22, 2013, 11:56:55 am »

How would scum have learned that before ash updated the rules post?
they could have just been told in their PM. maybe in their wincon it mentions controlling half the study group or something along those lines. Or one of them might have asked ash and he told them.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 22, 2013, 03:19:38 pm »

Speaking of EFHW. It seems like she has come out of her shell and is posting a bit more lately. In fact it was her analysis of mcmc's 8 posts (and mail-mi's startled reaction) that prompted me to think about a lurker vote, especially with nkirbit off the table. Why is she posting more lately? Maybe she just has more free time. Maybe she realizes her self-preservation is at stake now that lurkers are in the limelight. Did she analyze mcmc's posts in detail in order to demonstrate that she was not the lurkiest of the lot? It's hard to say. Right now my read is pretty null, maybe with a slight town edge.

Actually what happened is that more than once I signed on at the tail end of some marathon posting sessions, and once I had caught up most everyone had gone.  I'd put my two cents in, but that's different from carrying on a conversation.  So I can see it would look like I wasn't participating.  I've started posting as I read, but sometimes that's not a great idea.  I started with mcmc b/c he had the fewest posts, and I remembered feeling one of them was "off" (the Galzria discussion).  The next person I want to reread is TA.  He's not being his usual talkative self.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 22, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »

I take issue with liopoil and sudgy for thinking that people who disagree with them must be scummy.  In my opinion, mcmc's posts are scummy.  You disagree, which is fine.  But I don't think I have exaggerated or tunneled or deserve an FOS for having my opinions.

I also second faust in his reaction to sudgy's mail-mi vote.  Has mail-mi done anything he doesn't do in any other game?  I find that a strange place to park your vote.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 22, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »

No, it's the stretching people's words that's scummy. And you've just done it again:

I take issue with liopoil and sudgy for thinking that people who disagree with them must be scummy.
I didn't say that people who disagree with me must be scummy.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 22, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »

Post Count of people of unknown alignment. (so everyone except xeiron and voltgloss). People struck out are the people who voltgloss said we shouldn't lynch today. people bolded are the people voltgloss specifically wants to look at. Pregame posts are not included.

Voltaire: 101
nkirbit: 73
TwistedArcher: 53
faust: 51
Galzria: 49

Robz888: 41
Eevee: 40
sudgy: 37
Dsell: 35
mail-mi: 33

EFHW: 31
shraeye: 29
liopoil: 28
chairs: 25
WalrusMcFishSr: 23

archetype: 20
bocaj: 14
ahoppy: 13
mcmcsalot: 8
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.