Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 437438 times)

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 1!)
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2013, 06:11:43 pm »

vote: liopoil
I'd say he's more likely to be scum than jester.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »

Oy...  Lots of people...  Also, has anybody seen my pen?  I seem to have lost it somewhere...

Joking aside, I'll Vote: sudgy because he hasn't posted yet.  Hurry up!
so since you said joking aside, you too are seriously self-voting?

tempted to vote for you just because yuma can't. He wouldn't vote for me because I have a legitamit reason to self-vote.

Self voting is so obvious a joke at the beginning that it should have been obvious I was joking.  You seem to be more aggressive than I remember you being...  Vote: liopoil
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2013, 06:18:55 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and change to vote: Shraeye for now. He had a chance to respond and, well, to me it wasn't so convincing. His current attitude just doesn't smack of innocence.

Meanwhile 'aire has responded to the pressure on him with aplomb. Still wary, but I think Shraeye is the better vote for now. In any case it's still early and better options may present themselves.

Thanks for the general advice, lio, that was helpful for me at least. Neutral read right now but I do appreciate the strategy tips.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2013, 06:32:40 pm »

Vote Count 1.5:

Voltaire (1): Galzria
WalrusMcFishSr (1): AHoppy
mail-mi (2): bocaJ, Dsell
liopoil (3): liopoil, xeiron, sudgy
Twisted (2): shraeye, Eevee
shraeye (2): mail-mi, Walrus
chairs (1): chairs

Not Voting (9): Robz888, Voltgloss, Twistedarcher, mcmcsalot, EFHW, Archetype, nkirbit, faust, voltaire

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on September 23 at 9:22 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2013, 06:48:31 pm »

my vote had nothing to do with it being pretend you're ashersky day. I have a good reason to self-vote. what do you think it is? I'm dead serious though. Why has nobody else voted for me yet? this is unacceptable.

Tell me your good reason. I can't think of any roles where it's good for town to lynch town (based on the fact that this was described as not RMM) and so I don't see how you'd be "revealing" your role if this is the case. If you have one.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »

my vote had nothing to do with it being pretend you're ashersky day. I have a good reason to self-vote. what do you think it is? I'm dead serious though. Why has nobody else voted for me yet? this is unacceptable.

Tell me your good reason. I can't think of any roles where it's good for town to lynch town (based on the fact that this was described as not RMM) and so I don't see how you'd be "revealing" your role if this is the case. If you have one.

Reasons could exist actually. This isn't RMM, but that doesn't mean there aren't interesting roles out there. It's a closed setup. So we honestly don't know.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2013, 07:26:50 pm »

Okay, you know what I'll actually tell you.

I am town.

I have a secondary win condition. I get a secondary win if somebody accuses me of being a jester at any point during the game.

I think it's quite likely other players have a secondary wincon. So here's my offer:

If anyone accuses me of being a jester, and therefore giving me a secondary win, I will gladly fuffill their secondary wincon for them if possible (as long as I don't have to do something that hurts town to do it).

So, who wants to give me a secondary win? (nothing will actually happen if you do this, all that happens is that at the end of the game ash says, "oh btw, these players get a secondary win" and I get included in that list).

Also, Unvote, I don't actually want to be lynched

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2013, 07:29:19 pm »

Okay, you know what I'll actually tell you.

I am town.

I have a secondary win condition. I get a secondary win if somebody accuses me of being a jester at any point during the game.

I think it's quite likely other players have a secondary wincon. So here's my offer:

If anyone accuses me of being a jester, and therefore giving me a secondary win, I will gladly fuffill their secondary wincon for them if possible (as long as I don't have to do something that hurts town to do it).

So, who wants to give me a secondary win? (nothing will actually happen if you do this, all that happens is that at the end of the game ash says, "oh btw, these players get a secondary win" and I get included in that list).

Also, Unvote, I don't actually want to be lynched

I'm going to go ahead and accuse: liopoil of being a jester

In case you are wondering L street is the best bar in town, clearly. It's classier than that stupid red door.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2013, 07:30:24 pm »

I'm starting to think secondary win conditions is a theme for this game.  And I still can't find my pen...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2013, 07:30:38 pm »

I have a secondary win condition. I get a secondary win if somebody accuses me of being a jester at any point during the game.[/b]

That's what I was afraid of. I have a secondary win con as well. But I would vastly prefer it if the town played to their primary win-con. Y'know, lynching scum. kthnx.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2013, 07:34:09 pm »

I have a secondary win condition. I get a secondary win if somebody accuses me of being a jester at any point during the game.[/b]

That's what I was afraid of. I have a secondary win con as well. But I would vastly prefer it if the town played to their primary win-con. Y'know, lynching scum. kthnx.
I agree, but I do not think this detracted from town winning. getting it out of the way now.

so, mcmc, what would you like me to say for you?

ummm, I agree, L street is the best bar in town?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2013, 07:36:40 pm »

You get a secondary win for THAT?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2013, 07:38:08 pm »

...yeah. What's so special about that? is everyone else's much harder to achieve?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2013, 07:39:03 pm »

...yeah. What's so special about that? is everyone else's much harder to achieve?

I can't imagine it being any easier. If that's all it is, yours is something that detracts from no one in the game's win condition.

The fact that you just didn't come out and claim it makes it seem that there's something more going on.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2013, 07:39:28 pm »

...yeah.  Does anybody know where my pen is?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 17, 2013, 07:40:32 pm »

Oy...  Lots of people...  Also, has anybody seen my pen?  I seem to have lost it somewhere...

Joking aside, I'll Vote: sudgy because he hasn't posted yet.  Hurry up!
so since you said joking aside, you too are seriously self-voting?

tempted to vote for you just because yuma can't. He wouldn't vote for me because I have a legitamit reason to self-vote.

Self voting is so obvious a joke at the beginning that it should have been obvious I was joking.  You seem to be more aggressive than I remember you being...  Vote: liopoil
I would agree, except you said "Joking aside" which suggest you are setting jokes aside and saying something serious...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 17, 2013, 07:42:27 pm »

Here, take mine.

(Note that I am only doing this because I have a guess that this is pro-town. Overall, I think shooting for our 2nd wincons is going to detract from the game. And scum most likely benefit from this sort of thing. But I've been researching Community and think something, so in this one instance...)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 17, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »

I can't imagine it being any easier. If that's all it is, yours is something that detracts from no one in the game's win condition.

The fact that you just didn't come out and claim it makes it seem that there's something more going on.
I didn't do it right away because:

a) not sure it counts because well, mcmc obviously doesn't actually think I'm a jester.
b) I wasn't sure that anyone would be willing to do it.

and it appears that sudgy's doesn't require anything like that either. I think he probably just wants to be told where he could find his pen.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 17, 2013, 07:45:41 pm »

INCORRECT. RED DOOR IS FAR SUPERIOR.

THIS IS A STRONG PERSONAL BELIEF OF MINE WHICH IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO A SECONDARY OBJECTIVE.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2013, 07:48:08 pm »

INCORRECT. RED DOOR IS FAR SUPERIOR.

THIS IS A STRONG PERSONAL BELIEF OF MINE WHICH IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO A SECONDARY OBJECTIVE.

Hipster

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2013, 07:51:52 pm »

R u kidding? My secondary win con is so much harder! Ugh.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2013, 07:59:33 pm »

Maybe we should mass flavor claim?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2013, 08:00:52 pm »

I'm fine with that. maybe also mass secondary wincon claim, and get them all done and over with, so we can focus on lynching some scum.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2013, 08:06:39 pm »

I'm fine with that. maybe also mass secondary wincon claim, and get them all done and over with, so we can focus on lynching some scum.

We might want to do that a later day, this one is short.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »

Here, take mine.

Wait, you have a pen?  Is it mine?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.