Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 403216 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #2075 on: September 28, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »

The reason to vote for Eevee is if you don't believe him.  I'm looking for another person who seems scummier, but I don't know whether to believe Eevee or not.  Like I said before, his claim only really helps himself.
That's not strictly why I'm voting for him.

As far as rereading techniques go, I had two f.ds tabs open with one set to reply. I scan through the thread page by page on the other tab and write down my thoughts in the other tab. If I see a good quote, I quote it and copy and paste it into the other tab. Then hit 'back page' on the reading tab to resume the reread.

So do you reread the entire thread each time you are rereading a person?  I do the same thing with the tabs, but I only reread the person's posts for the most part.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 28, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »

Arch - Then why are you voting for Eevee?  Are you worried about using up a lynch on a survivor who has sworn to help town?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 28, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »

The reason to vote for Eevee is if you don't believe him.  I'm looking for another person who seems scummier, but I don't know whether to believe Eevee or not.  Like I said before, his claim only really helps himself.
That's not strictly why I'm voting for him.

As far as rereading techniques go, I had two f.ds tabs open with one set to reply. I scan through the thread page by page on the other tab and write down my thoughts in the other tab. If I see a good quote, I quote it and copy and paste it into the other tab. Then hit 'back page' on the reading tab to resume the reread.

So do you reread the entire thread each time you are rereading a person?  I do the same thing with the tabs, but I only reread the person's posts for the most part.
I rapidly scroll until I see a blurry image of their profile picture then stop and read that post and occasionally the posts around it for context.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 28, 2013, 08:18:56 pm »

Arch - Then why are you voting for Eevee?  Are you worried about using up a lynch on a survivor who has sworn to help town?
I don't believe him. Well, not 100% anyways. I guess he might be. But my main reason is that he wanted a Vig to shoot Galzria and I don't really think a Survivor would want that. So he could be a Survivor, but I'm not willing to take the chance.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 28, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

Can people voting for Eevee please explain why we want to lynch the claimed Survivor instead of possible mafia? (I know that Eevee is possible mafia, but do you not see how he is playing pro-town right now? Why is he still a better lynch choice?) I maintain that if Eevee truly is survivor then scum are voting for him. It removes the chance the lynch falls on themselves.

Excuse me, how is Eevee being pro-town? It seems to me that Eevee has been lazy and useless all game. Which actually sort of fits with the Survivor role, and is literally the only thing I can think of that makes me semi believe him. Like I can see him not caring about showing up to deadline if he is a Survivor.

I think he's a worthy lynch because it's incredibly straining of a claim. "I'm no threat to anyone, I just hang around and win, ignore me and carry on." In a way it's like bocaj's claim, because well it just means no one shoots/investigates/watches/tracks/neighborizes him, and he gets to keep on being this unknown. But I think bocaj's claim sless unreasonable, and at least made sense in his shoes.

Eevee's just, well, I have a hard time believing yuma and ash would include it in a regular game. Because it really is a weird role. And he's never going to get killed, because why would scum bother? And leaving him alive confuses us.

The best thing that can be said for not lynching him is that he's actually better off vigged.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »

And any way, being pro-town is NOT an indicator being town. We have a million examples of highly pro-town people being scum. You (Voltaire) are being pretty pro-town, and I think you are scum. And you of course know that pro-town does not equal town. It's ridiculous for you to act like you don't.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 28, 2013, 08:36:25 pm »

I don't believe him. Well, not 100% anyways. I guess he might be. But my main reason is that he wanted a Vig to shoot Galzria and I don't really think a Survivor would want that. So he could be a Survivor, but I'm not willing to take the chance.
That's your main reason? I seem to recall that it was Eevee saying no to lynch galz...

There was one post by Eevee that I saw that gave me a huge scumread on him. I'll go dig that one
and I can't find it. Bottom line is: nkirbit suggested that a vig shoot Galzria. sudgy said 'yeah. do it.' Eevee was like NOO DON'T!

Vote: Eevee
I don't remember if my vote was already there, but if it wasn't, it is now. He's my preferred lynch today and it'll take a lot of convincing to vote otherwise.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:33 pm »

That's your main reason? I seem to recall that it was Eevee saying no to lynch galz...

There was one post by Eevee that I saw that gave me a huge scumread on him. I'll go dig that one
and I can't find it. Bottom line is: nkirbit suggested that a vig shoot Galzria. sudgy said 'yeah. do it.' Eevee was like NOO DON'T!

Vote: Eevee
I don't remember if my vote was already there, but if it wasn't, it is now. He's my preferred lynch today and it'll take a lot of convincing to vote otherwise.
Hah! Yeah. I got it backwards.

scramblescramblescramble

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 28, 2013, 11:29:53 pm »

lol what now? I think firmly opposed that, it was and is a horrendous idea.

I won't have time/chance to properly catch up until tomorrow.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 29, 2013, 12:22:06 am »

Oh, I'm from modern family

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: September 29, 2013, 12:46:04 am »

lol what now? I think firmly opposed that, it was and is a horrendous idea.
Look at the post directly above your's.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:21 am »

I still haven't gotten around to my re-read yet, I'm really sorry guys.  A re-read is so daunting and time is at a premium.  I have been keeping up though.

As far as Robz and Galz go, I think I disagree with DSell
I feel like this is a really easy claim to make as scum, so I'm a little wary of it especially since I have been suspicious of Galz and Robz all game.  And like I have said before, their severe tunneling on Voltaire doesn't sit right with me.  I don't know anything about balancing a game, but we have soooo many roles thus far (well, supposedly.  I guess scum could have made a bunch of fakeclaims already) and I feel like neighborizer isn't that risky of a claim, especially after this many other roles have been claimed.  They may have been sitting back saying "let's breadcumb this and wait until we have enough roles outed that it isn't likely a neighborizer is in the game".  Long story short: None of this clears them.  I don't like 2 people I'm suspicious of supporting eachother.

As far as Eevee goes, I'd be happy to lynch him.  If he hasn't been helping out much and he's just hanging around he seems like a good lynch candidate to me.  Sure, I'd rather lynch scum but if it comes down to the wire again, give Eevee the axe.

None of Walrus's posts have convinced me that he is not scum.  His posts just don't sit right with me and as someone else has said earlier, he plays up the newbieness in every single post.  So I'm willing to keep my vote there.

I know chairs has already claimed, but I am from Community.  I think chairs claim though was unwise.  If I were him, I would have waited until everyone had claimed and just said "well, I got a not guilty reading from the side that i always get not guilty from".  Knowing which show he can investigate is more helpful to scum because it makes the scum from one show want to lay lower and it doesn't help town.  Too late now, but I don't think chairs needed to share this info until he had a positive result to show.

I still hope to get to a mini-reread by the end of the weekend, but real life...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:35 am »

I too think chairs's claim was a mistake. Also, while we want to remove him from today's lynch considerations, I don't think it makes him obvtown at all. He is likely to just die soon if he is being truthful though.

Ahoppy's position on me is exceptionally opportunistic and scummy - lynching is town's strongest weapon and he seems willing to give it up quite willy nilly. Anyone who doesn't make a good case on why they think I'm the likeliest to be scum and vote for me is very scummy in my opinion. It literally signals they only care that we don't lynch them/their partners.

I guess it's harder to think someone is town when you disagree with them about most players and they want to lynch you, but Robz/Galzria's claim doesn't make them look much townier in my eyes. Well, I had a town read on Galz already, but now I'm worried this is two vocal scum wanting to take a leading role with a ballsy claim. Also given the wackiness of all these roles (town enabling scum for example), I don't think a scum neighborizer is out for the question, although I would expect town galzria to be reasonably good at catching robz if that was the case. While the claim doesn't make them obvtown to me, it's enough to remove robz from the lynch pool.

I was opposed to vigging galzria because I thought it was a bad idea for town. I decided I want to win with town right when I received my pm, the only way I modified my usual vt play was by being a little less helpful to avoid being killed, not being willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good is the only difference, I was still offering my honest reads and opinions.

I think some people (robz, ahoppy, mailmi, archetype) are downplaying my controbutions this far - i don't think I've been useless, I don't think I would be useless in the future, and people saying "he isn't helpful anyways lets lynch him" should be scrutinized for an opportunistic stance reasoned with untrue arguments.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 29, 2013, 08:29:43 am »

For reasons completely different from my Dsell-vote, I would be down to lynch ahoppy, archetype or mailmi.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 29, 2013, 08:34:46 am »

If you go back and look at what I say about you, I say "If" you have been doing those things.  Like I said, I haven't gone back and re-read, I'm basing this off of what other people have said about your participation.  However, I will agree that my position on you is scummy.  Or it would be if I voted for you.  However, I will only vote for you if it comes down to the same situation as yesterday where we're at a deadline and we need a lynch.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 29, 2013, 08:42:30 am »

i think it hurts town greatly if people can vote for me and justify it with "he is useless anyways". such an easy way out for scum.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 29, 2013, 08:49:38 am »

Fair enough, I see your point.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:11 am »

Showclaim list:

Community
- aHoppy
- EFHW
- sudgy
- Dsell
- Voltaire
- Eevee
- WalrusMcFishSr
- mcmcsalot
- xeiron

Modern Family
- chairs
- Twistedarcher
- mail-mi
- Jorbles
- Archetype
- faust
- Robz888
- Galzria
- bocaJ
- Voltgloss
- nkirbit

- shraeye

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:46 am »

I reread EFHW, and there's not really much to find that makes her seem townie. She jumps the nkirbit wagon when it gets started, and later leaves it when it's at its peak. I can see scum doing that. She votes Galzria because she thinks it's good if scum loses a PR, but later unvotes. She does extensive rereads on mcmc and chairs, then when she rereads shraeye suddenly gets a lot more vague, finding him townie. She is, along with me, the only one to show concern about show claiming, which is weird because I would expect some scum to take that position. There's also her post where she states that Voltaire must have killed scum, which is suspicious as others pointed out.

Above all this, I think lynching her might be informative: It gives us information on the last-minute wagon on her D1. She also posted her opinion on how scum would act (#1703), which, should she flip scum, we can probably use as a baseline of how scum doesn't act in this game.

So I'm very tempted to vote her, the only thing speaking against it is my fear of lynching a town PR.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: September 29, 2013, 09:40:05 am »

Showclaim AND roleclaim list:

Community
- aHoppy
- EFHW
- sudgy  {claimed Captained Doctor, says he is useless now that mcmc is dead}
- Dsell
- Voltaire
- Eevee  {claimed Survivor}
- WalrusMcFishSr  {claimed Modified Gunsmith with N1 negative result on Voltaire}
- mcmcsalot  {Lynchproofer/Captain}
- xeiron  {Forced-Claim Cop}

Modern Family
- chairs  {claimed Semi-Naive Cop with useless N1 result on Galzria}
- Twistedarcher 
- mail-mi
- Jorbles
- Archetype
- faust
- Robz888  {claimed Neighborizer; confirmed by Galzria}
- Galzria  {claimed Enabler}
- bocaJ  {claimed 2-shot Paranoid Gun Owner}
- Voltgloss  {Innocent Child}
- nkirbit  {Macho Townie}

- shraeye  {Enabled Ninja Goon}

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 29, 2013, 09:41:40 am »

She is, along with me, the only one to show concern about show claiming, which is weird because I would expect some scum to take that position.

I think Eevee was also against show claiming.  On Day 1, not Day 2.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: September 29, 2013, 09:45:48 am »

And you of course know that pro-town does not equal town. It's ridiculous for you to act like you don't.

You're right, that would be pretty ridiculous - good thing I'm not doing that.  :P

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 29, 2013, 09:49:17 am »

Walrus's roleclaim feels genuine to me.  I would not expect scum to refer to what is basically Psychologist from the Clue Mafia game as "Modified Gunsmith."  That is effectively what the Psychologist is - but if Walrus were scum fakeclaiming, I expect he and his partner(s) would just refer to the role as Psychologist. 

Now, Gunsmith is one of those "usually but not necessarily Town" roles, as it does have some utility for scum (especially if there is a SK or opposing scumteam in the mix), so this doesn't make Walrus 100% Town.  But it does mean I am inclined to accept his roleclaim as true, at least for Day 2.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: September 29, 2013, 10:47:22 am »

So the idea of a mafia psychologist isn't insane.  If we treat that as a real possibility, I think we'd be led to conclude that if we have 1 scumteam then there is an SK and a vig. 

I don't know if Walrus is scum, but that one post (#461 or so) manages to hit 4 different indications that he could be, and he carried three of those stances throughout his play.  He didn't mention again that he suspected the people on shraeye's wagon.

I'm going to vote: Walrus

But Eevee:  Why did you claim?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: September 29, 2013, 10:55:34 am »

So the idea of a mafia psychologist isn't insane.  If we treat that as a real possibility, I think we'd be led to conclude that if we have 1 scumteam then there is an SK and a vig. 

Why?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.