Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Goko Ratings  (Read 9745 times)

Wrclass

• Young Witch
  • Dominion is the best game ever
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
Goko Ratings
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:45:27 pm »

If you have a complaint, compliment, request, etc about the Goko rating system, please post it here instead of cluttering up the forum.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:49:32 am by Wrclass »
I play Lookout, revealing a Fortress, a Tunnel and a Gold.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Cards on Goko!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 01:33:59 pm »
+4

I am pretty sure that the agreement Goko has with RGG and Donald X. forbids any custom-made cards from being put on their servers.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 02:23:13 pm »
+3

I am pretty sure that the agreement Goko has with RGG and Donald X. forbids any custom-made cards from being put on their servers.

But if everything happens client side..... Loophole?

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 03:04:16 am »

I know this is too much to ask if the Goko programmers, but it be really cool if there was a "fan card creator" that allowed you to choose between different vanilla effects, trashing, gaining, etc. You wouldn't be able to make new mechanics, but it would give a price estimate at the end.

Even if it weren't explicitly prohibited by the agreement with RGG/DXV (for very good reason, it prevents them from ruining the game by adding their own cards for novelty value), this would be a nightmare. You have to create a siloed-out mode, program in all possible card effects, create a card-creator GUI, make ABSOLUTELY FREAKING SURE it's not possible to take these cards into normal matches...

Wrclass

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:48:29 am »
+1

Okay, now I know that I was wrong and should have never posted this in the first place. So I am changing the subject to Goko ratings.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 12:20:21 pm »
+1

Okay, now I know that I was wrong and should have never posted this in the first place. So I am changing the subject to Goko ratings.

I was wondering what thread was called Goko ratings...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Krarks_pinky

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Ratings
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 06:05:02 pm »

I was about to make a thread about goku ratings.

I need help understanding goku ratings.

Why is it that when I play professional, when I win I get zero ratings points but when I lose I lose hundreds of points?
I just lost 2 games in a row and lost about 250 points each game. Won a game and I get zero points. What's up with that?

Further info, I've played around 2000 games, my pro rating was around 5000 before the above changes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:06:42 pm by Krarks_pinky »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 07:36:45 pm »
+5

I was about to make a thread about goku ratings.

I need help understanding goku ratings.

Why is it that when I play professional, when I win I get zero ratings points but when I lose I lose hundreds of points?
I just lost 2 games in a row and lost about 250 points each game. Won a game and I get zero points. What's up with that?

Further info, I've played around 2000 games, my pro rating was around 5000 before the above changes.
There are bugs. For instance I just won over a 4990 (okay, a good bit below me, but) and lost 70 rating points...

However, when I go back to check it, it's 21 points higher than that. I actually think it is a bug with how it shows their updating - sometimes, it doesn't show the correct update (sometimes 0) for a game, it fixes later, and that shows up the next time you play a game. And then it is behind, and it is weird when it catches up. And... yeah...

According to them, their system is too complicated to write down in a formula, though....

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »

However, when I go back to check it, it's 21 points higher than that. I actually think it is a bug with how it shows their updating - sometimes, it doesn't show the correct update (sometimes 0) for a game, it fixes later, and that shows up the next time you play a game. And then it is behind, and it is weird when it catches up. And... yeah...

I have noticed this happening, too.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 08:07:05 pm »

I have noticed this happening, too.

The +0 glitch happened to me recently when I was right above 5000, and the next day I was under 5000...

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 02:07:28 am »
+3

Atop the Casual Ranking is Dominionologist with a 10319 rating.  That seems...high.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 02:31:48 am »

Atop the Casual Ranking is Dominionologist with a 10319 rating.  That seems...high.
That's probably because the good players are on the Pro leaderboard, so you'll rarely get beat if you're a good player yourself, but the opponents you are beating have still high ratings.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:48 am »

That's probably because the good players are on the Pro leaderboard, so you'll rarely get beat if you're a good player yourself, but the opponents you are beating have still high ratings.

Well, it's a few thousand more than the people below him if I remember correctly.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 02:37:51 am »

Well, it's a few thousand more than the people below him if I remember correctly.

Well, all of his games are with the same kingdom apparently...  But there's no game-breaking combos with it.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:49 am »
+3

He's pulling an Ooksoo.

Playing against guests with a kingdom of Market Square, Poorhouse and Talisman, together emptying those piles in about 8 turns or so.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:31 am »

Well, all of his games are with the same kingdom apparently...  But there's no game-breaking combos with it.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could design a kingdom that a bot would 100% lose on, make a script that knew how to play that kingdom, and leave it on to farm up rating. The effort to make it happen is probably not worth it, but it'd be interesting.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 05:11:51 am »

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could design a kingdom that a bot would 100% lose on, make a script that knew how to play that kingdom, and leave it on to farm up rating. The effort to make it happen is probably not worth it, but it'd be interesting.

The best candidate for that would probably be hermit/market square with something bots love to buy in the kingdom (YW?) so they're less likely to contend parts. How hard would it be to write a script that could play for you?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 05:24:19 am »
+3

Seriously there only should be pro rated and unrated. Why have a casual rating that is a complete joke?

Wrclass

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 09:10:45 am »

The best candidate for that would probably be hermit/market square with something bots love to buy in the kingdom (YW?) so they're less likely to contend parts. How hard would it be to write a script that could play for you?

Hermit/Market Square with Rats. Makes me almost want to buy DA so I can do this.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 09:51:21 am »

Probably NV/Bridge with Rats, because the bots might discover Rats/Market Square.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 11:11:25 am »

Probably NV/Bridge with Rats, because the bots might discover Rats/Market Square.

Wouldn't that just lead to Rats eating Gold? Or did the bots get smarter with not playing Rats?
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:13 pm »

You know, on second thought, if you're going through the trouble of making a script that can deal with the Goko interface, it's easiest to make a dummy account that runs the same script. Then you can have the one you want to win gain an extra Estate. Two players 3 piling is faster than one.

It's more interesting to find a kingdom a bot will guaranteed lose on though. I wonder, do the bots know about Ironworks-Great Hall?
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 03:54:01 pm »

Opening Ambassador/Rats might do the trick.  Get a few Rats, then pass them to your opponent.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »
+2

Just put Scheme in the kingdom, and don't forget to grab one before T10 if you need it yourself.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »
+4

He's pulling an Ooksoo.

Is there a vocabulary page on the wiki? It definitely needs an entry for "pulling an Ooksoo."
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 2.116 seconds with 20 queries.